List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
If we bid on Ashcroft(1) and Marshall @< pick 25 they would still be 1800 points in deficit and not even the trade your suggesting will get them those points. I’m not suggesting we force this issue but make them believe we are prepared to do it. Force them to negotiate with us. It’s in Brisbanes best interest anyway, as they’ll get a 600 point discount if we don’t bid. Pick 18 & their F1. We give them enough late picks to give them points to get Ashcroft+ and they can make up the rest by other means.
100% agree,
If Brisbane said thuk u Richmond, team B is giving us a extra 300 points than u,so thuk off.
Then we call Ashcroft at pick 1 ,they still would 100% want him,then we get fos at pick 2.
So they have to deal with Richmond or risk losing more points than they gain,as tigers could also have pick 2 or 3.

Mini may walk in and say, I like the squad now and we need Bolton in the side and do everything we can to get him.

But yes, Fremantle the safe bet for me.
But they need a LOT more than Bolton Bob. He’ll go to Freo for sure as WCE need numerous picks, they don’t want another Kelly outcome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player
anchorman will GIF

From the outside, Lalor or FOS seem pretty safe for West Coast at 3. Vic Country boys who both moved to boarding for footy.
Too bad for the Weagles they'll already be in yellow and black.

If I was them, I’d be telling everyone quietly they are taking Draper at 3. Freak out Adelaide enough to get another pick to move back one spot.
Not sure Adelaide wouldn't be happy to hear it.

But they need a LOT more than Bolton Bob. He’ll go to Freo for sure as WCE need numerous picks, they don’t want another Kelly outcome
That’s right , if I was wc id be alarmed if mini didn’t say we need to surround Reid with more young talent , if they had GC smorgasbord of pics diff story , they don’t

We'd be melting if we were doing same next year.

We'd be melting at the direction not the player.

While I'd love to fist Freo as much as anyone else, I'd also not want to demolish their future trading options (for Warner or whoever else) and ruin our trading relationship in the future. They will really be wanting to maintain 1 pick in the first round, to dodge the "Can't keep trading out your firsts" rule.

If we've legit told Freo that we want 3 firsts, and they abide by it, then maybe...

Bolton, 20 (one of Rioli picks) and 29 for 9, 10, 16, 27.

We get a draft bonanza, they get Bolton and still keep a pick (the last one) in the first round

Who gives a ****. They want a contracted superstar of the comp they need to pay up for it.

Being consistently good to deal with during the past decade has worked wonders for us. Our success was built on paying up for key players like Prestia and Caddy, while letting go of fringe players for minimal return. Strong relationships are crucial, and being tough negotiators like Dodoro or Bell gets you nowhere. Fortunately clubs now know this and if you come asking for players like Baker or Bolton, be prepared to pay up. Now, it's our turn to reap the benefits as sellers.

Not really. Lucky that the clubs we are dealing with have plenty of draft capital. Thats what it comes down too. Teams are reluctant to gamble future picks due to uncertainty but with the picks now locked in they have a much better gauge of what it they are potentially giving up.

If you want to take one of our very good and contracted players then you need to do everything you can to satisfy us. We know what your best offer is so offer it up or **** off and don't waste our time or our players time.

Also so many teams think they are not far off a premiership. Coaches are putting a lot pressure on list managers to get ready made players who can be the difference. Coincides perfectly for us as this draft is strong and we want draft picks.

Freo demanded a pick #6 +F3 for Adam Cerra who was uncontracted and he is a spud
Brad Hill traded for #10 + F2 again a spud
Lochie shultz traded for #10 + #34 even a bigger spud
Weller traded for pick #2 - The biggest spud

Just hand that list to freo list manager and the mediator
Hope you don’t mind but I did copy and paste this spiel and went to town on a few Freo nuff’s

Oh how I've missed this board when we're trade and draft relevant. The hunger for picks and desire to fist every other club in deals is something else.

Happy to sit back and let Blair do his thing, knowing that he'll get the right deals done that give Toce the draft hand recruiters would sell their children for.
THIS...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back