List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728278216122.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
Actually, Rankine's as like for like as you can get and he was traded for pick 5 when he was half the player Shai is. Richmond will have told Freo we want a top 3-5 pick but Nepo Baby Walls will be unable to pull it off so we'll take 10, 11 and 18 and if you're not too difficult about it we might throw back 24 and aforementioned dildo.

That'd be worse than taking 10 & 18 this year. We'll get into next year's draft via our excess picks in the 20s-40s.

Why would we pay the full cap when we can pay 90% for three years, which would allow us to then pay 110% when we're on the hunt for free agents in 2027-29?

**** your points. They're arbitrary and meaningless unless you're using them to match a bid. 6 & 23 puts him at 6 & 23.

And we'll get 'em. Might have to give back 24.

They'll get the dildo regardless.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Yes but you do realise they actually have to pay these people with real money - not just cap space right?

Suns are not loaded with cash mate. They registered a statutory loss of $1.7m in 2023 alone, I dare say they have a few players that would likely be starting 18 for us that they would happily part with to save the cash/player cap.

You do realise i have been following footy a long time now? I am well aware that coaches don't count in your player cap yeah?
Money is no issue for GC. They just put their hand out and the AFL pay (after raiding us and the other financially viable clubs).

**** your points. They're arbitrary and meaningless unless you're using them to match a bid. 6 & 23 puts him at 6 & 23.
That's fine with me mate. They're the CFL points, not mine ;)

If 6 & 23 is offered, we should take it. We are nowhere in the conversation for 13, well down the pecking order.

Anyway, Blair will get the best deal that satisfies RFC, so we can all keep hypothesising here....

Money is no issue for GC. They just put their hand out and the AFL pay (after raiding us and the other financially viable clubs).

True dat,

RFC never recovered from them raiding our absolute stars Corey Ellis, A. Miles, Ellis, Markov, Chol.
jeez I miss Corey Ellis. what a gun.

Then Dimma the campaigner, Dusty heading up there. Now raiding Rioli for a bag of stale chips. **** em

Last edited:
That'd be worse than taking 10 & 18 this year. We'll get into next year's draft via our excess picks in the 20s-40s.
Depends in whose 2025 pick they were to trade to us. If it's Melbourne then we could be looking at top 10 quite easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no way Melbourne trading a future 1st for 18 which will end up being 24-25.

It's pick 11.

Will be absolutely hilarious if Freo stuff this up and Bolton goes to West Coast. He's exactly what they're missing and stuffing this up will is the reason why will continue to never win a flag.

They really are happy being mediocre - Bolton will get them into a flag contention.

What if Freo give us 10, 11 and 18... and we send 14 back? That could see the deal done and quickly. I think we could all live with that and Freo can then move 14 on to Melbourne.

And it could be pick 15. Why would we take that gamble when we can have 10, 11 and 18 this year?
Agree, hold the picks now, then see the other clubs swarm draft night offering overs for these which could be very tempting.

That, or its an avenue to allow us to move up the draft order.

I’d take as many as possible in the top 30 in this draft. Hopefully we end up with 7-9 picks, that example had 8 but we may have been able to get Brisbanes pick 20 as well.
A lot of eggs in 1 basket. Rarely a draft bats that deep. If we did happen to get them all right, they all hit pay day at the same time which creates further issues. I prefer to spread the basket. Use our top picks. The R2 picks if we can bundle for a 50 game player that is showing some serious potential or get another r1 next year it is a better option imo only.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back