List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
I know how you feel.
I said months ago on here that we'll ask for 6 & 13 & 20 for Rioli.

With 6 being his value
13 being the contract and a large chunk of salary paid by us
and 20 being for a stack of picks that make up a lot more than pick 20 points

.... and it was deemed delusional.

It probably is lol, but seems like that's the kind of thing we are after.
We can drop off the 20 now and take Brisbane's instead.

Cue the outrage
It is 😝

Kane and Barrett are the lowest life forms in football. Why we are giving any form of attention to these two is mind blowing.

Blair doing everything right by asking for maximum value! They want our contracted players then they can pay top dollar!

Just because we won three flags doesn't mean we owe anything to other clubs! **** any media that disagree! If those campaigners had it their way everyone would get a participation trophy at seasons end!

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

kane is worse than hocking and that’s a low bar

Could be a reason why they have yet to deal 13 to another club? Need to resolve the Rioli trade first?
I fully expect that we tried to sweeten the deal by offering to pay Rioli's contract plus various current/future selections.

I don't think we extract 13 in this instance due to the sheer volume of interest in that pick but it's good we're trying.

Fact is, even at 10 and 18, Shai Bolton will be traded for more draft capital than Tim Kelly, and in the top 5 in draft points of any player, in the history of the AFL draft trade period

Good news is, we are going to get even more than that !
Incorrect, 10+18 is worth less than the OUT OF CONTRACT Tim Kelly trade.

Unless I misunderstood what you're saying.

Screenshot_20241009-194039.jpg

We shouldn’t be surprised re Jane’s comments, his media name is the volcano. this really is all about getting his comment's out there in as many media outlets as possible.

They’re very naive comments though. Surely Kano understands how the bidding system on academy players works and how GC are still able to draft top 10 players onto their list while at the same time bringing in an A grade Premiership player.

Add to that Riolis leadership qualities, particularly amongst young indigenous players, and it makes perfect sense.

GC probably sitting back laughing at his stupidity, I mean they’ve got some very experienced football people up there, that have been in the industry for a long time. I think they understand exactly how to manipulate the system to their advantage.

Mark Bickley is the only one on trash trade radio with a brain.

The muppets were talking about Geelongs 17 or whatever it is for Bailey Smith and saying that is about right. Bickley tells them if you look at the players taken around that mark the last 4 or so years and very few are guns. Compare that to a proven commodity.

He's spot on, the draft is a crap shoot even in a strong draft.

Average number of games played by draft picks 11-20 = 83. 48% don’t reach 60 games. But 10 and 18 is a good deal for Bolton .. GTFO!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

IMG_0143.jpeg

So Shai is on 1.25M currently.

If he was a free agent, we'd get pick 2 compensation- that's his value.

Pick 2= 2517 points

Pick 10 & 11= 2724 points. Closest you can get to pick 2 is Pick 10&15 (2507 points).

But points don't tell the story. Would North accept 10&15 for pick 2 - absolutely not. They'd want 2 picks (1x around 6-8 and the other pick 10-15).

Pick 10&11 is absolutely fair

Such a nonsensical statement and all over the place like a mad woman's shit, it's not unexpected though.

Opening line is "AFL reporter" which sums things up, he's just a mouthpiece pundit.

Then says "There should be no compensation"

And finishes with "It's just a token pick anyway and we'll have a hundred picks" (I'm not going to mention the twists in the 2nd paragraph)

You can't have it both ways, sook about the compensation then say it doesn't matter anyway. Reminds me of trying to argue with my ex, would always bring up irrelevancies and blow them out of proportion.

What it does show however, is just how scared the media and AFL are about our projected draft hand. It's not how they devised the system.
I live in NSW, watch games free to air, & watch Footy Classified Monday night version, funnily enough hosted by Hutcho, the guy who owns SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK, who run Trade Radio. This is the first year I've listened to trade radio (on twitter). 8 hours a day, hosted at AFL owned Marvel an hour or 2 of Damo & Cornes who appear on Footy Classified, and on AFL's website at least.

Damo complaining about Compo been going on since 2019. BEllis being the only success. Cornes loudly, ill informed opining on Suns, Rioli Pick 6 is just grist to the mill of AFL being talked about on twitter.

I remember Demetriou saying one time that other sports were just competition to be beaten in the race to be on the back pages. Now SEN is 24:7 sports broadcasting.

AFL finals finish, trading & the draft. 12 ****ing days of it.
Perpetual discussion on social media.

Despite mysterious umpiring etc, still hooked on the greatest game of all.

AFL footy is a killer game, I cannot watch other codes.

I’m at the point I’m going to log off and come back Wednesday night to see what’s happened.

lodovica comello tv8 GIF by SINGING IN THE CAR

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be able to white-ant a top-5 performing, long-term contracted player, out of a club for only pick 6 would set a horrible precedent.

No way the AFL should support that, would lead to a free-for-all, and undermine the whole contract system, which FA was supposed to save.

AFL will absolutely support it they hate us and want interstate teams to win grannys at all costs

View attachment 2136467

So Shai is on 1.25M currently.

If he was a free agent, we'd get pick 2 compensation- that's his value.

Pick 2= 2517 points

Pick 10 & 11= 2724 points. Closest you can get to pick 2 is Pick 10&15 (2507 points).

But points don't tell the story. Would North accept 10&15 for pick 2 - absolutely not. They'd want 2 picks (1x around 6-8 and the other pick 10-15).

Pick 10&11 is absolutely fair

That’s bullshit three players taking up almost 50% of the cap

Although helps us with Shai

You'd think after waiting 37 years for premiership success waiting a few days for trades to be done wouldn't be an issue, but apparently not.

The clowns over in the west spent the entire season campaigning for Baker to come over saying he was valued around the 16-18 pick range.

Now apparently he’s an average role player worth nothing more than a 2nd round pick??? Pick 14 is way too much!!!! (After academy+father sons will be 16-18)

Get over yourselves ya campaigners

Baker will be their 4th best player - your team and list is complete crud ….. be thankful a quality player wants to join your laughing stock of a club you muppets.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back