List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:

Why is every fan from the west so upset about the Rioli trade, its so farking funny
Exactly.

And why are they getting so cranky about the bottom team trying to get a better deal? They've said so repeatedly themselves - we are no threat of a premiership tilt for at least 5 years.

And yet they're prepared to vouch for much better deals for teams (Suns, Dockers etc) who might actually be a genuine threat to them in the next 2-3 years! Thus jeopardising their own chances!

It's madness, yet that's how much real estate we still occupy in their heads 😊

Hear me out. To get a better deal for both Rioli and Bolton, just have Blair call their managers and say that due to the low ball offers, we will be holding them to see out their contracts. Oh and by the way, they will be doing that in the VFL. It will give us a chance to blood some of the young players, and see what the future without them will be like, while Freo and Gold Coast, rue their decisions and wonder what could have been. I think that would get the phones running hot quick smart.

Why is every fan from the west so upset about the Rioli trade, its so farking funny
Because their rebuild started last year and they took a whopping 2 picks inside 30 and they're going to have the same again this year all while 33 year old McGovern is their best player. Meanwhile we'll have at least 8 inside 30 by next year.

To put it simply they're upset our rebuild is going to take less than half as long as theirs.

Because their rebuild started last year and they took a whopping 2 picks inside 30 and they're going to have the same again this year all while 33 year old McGovern is their best player. Meanwhile we'll have at least 8 inside 30 by next year.

To put it simply they're upset our rebuild is going to take less than half as long as theirs.
Yes Girl GIF

Hear me out. To get a better deal for both Rioli and Bolton, just have Blair call their managers and say that due to the low ball offers, we will be holding them to see out their contracts. Oh and by the way, they will be doing that in the VFL. It will give us a chance to blood some of the young players, and see what the future without them will be like, while Freo and Gold Coast, rue their decisions and wonder what could have been. I think that would get the phones running hot quick smart.
No. But we could contact the managers of these players and tell them to prepare their clients for the news that they’ll be remaining at Richmond. That would get things moving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you Tiggers at all worried that a complete clean out of current players being replaced with teenagers is really going to hurt the club for a number of years? This is a 10 year investment.
yes, but if done right, with the hand we have, the club would be hoping for a Hawks like bounce from the last few years. Not to mention, we gon have so much cash to attack FA and trades.

yes, but if done right, with the hand we have, the club would be hoping for a Hawks like bounce from the last few years. Not to mention, we gon have so much cash to attack FA and trades.
True but i dont remember the hawks losing this many players/bringing in youngsters. Hope the Tigers can turn it around but this is high risk, in my opinion.

And you know what makes it worse? Dimma used to constantly play Rioli back when many wanted him dropped from the team. He probably rates Rioli higher than any of us, yet we’re here.
Dimma would often say things like "Rioli had the best 5 disposal game" etc. He loved his constant run and consumption of space when moving forward. He would cause change to opposition structures and unsettle opponents. Still does it.

Are you Tiggers at all worried that a complete clean out of current players being replaced with teenagers is really going to hurt the club for a number of years? This is a 10 year investment.

Not really worried. It took 4 years under Dimma to play finals and 8 to win a flag. Our list was more inexperienced than it is now but we did have some absolute champions starting their career.

This time around we’ll still have some champions at the end of their careers helping the next batch develop. A few other half decent players and a batch of kids/inexperienced players which are really unknown

Losing the likes of Bolton, Baker and Rioli will hurt a lot but our performance this year was not reflective of our playing group. Add a new batch of hopefully talented kids and we should be back pushing for finals and flags in no time. It would only take 10 years if we had to rebuild again because this years and next years draft picks completely flop, and our existing group of under 25s is absolute shit. Fun times ahead.

Vlastuin, Nank, Short, Prestia, Lynch, Taranto, Balta, Hopper, Broad isn’t exactly bare cupboard areas.
I don’t expect us to be good, in the short term, but I don’t expect us to be uncompetitive

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back