Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 54 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was speaking to Leigh Montagna today, he reckons he would trade out all 3 in Baker, Bolton and Rioli to take a step backwards to launch forward especially with Tassie coming in.

He said we would get 4 first rounders (3 this year and future 1st) for Baker & Bolton from Freo/West coast

Said Gold Coast will 100% pay overs for Rioli so be like 8 and 20 for him

Same news I got told this morning. Very good chance.
why would we keep him ? hes 28

we are going to bend them over. dumma sees him as the 'missing piece'

Was speaking to Leigh Montagna today, he reckons he would trade out all 3 in Baker, Bolton and Rioli to take a step backwards to launch forward especially with Tassie coming in.

He said we would get 4 first rounders (3 this year and future 1st) for Baker & Bolton from Freo/West coast

Id do it but rfc will hang on to bolton. should get rid of bolton / rioli cos theyre contracted and keep baker . getting rid of bolton/rioli will be on our terms and they will fill us up with picks

we would be rebuilt in a fortnight lol

Do you regularly catch up for a coffee with montagna? But i've arrived at same sentiment was against trading bolton, but if you trade one trade them all

Agree but the guys on the podcast insinuated it could be alot bigger than that
I guess it depends what they consider to be bigger departures:
  • A full cleanout of Hardwick-era assistants
  • Blair/Livo departure
  • Yze sacked (highly doubt this)

Do you regularly catch up for a coffee with montagna? But i've arrived at same sentiment was against trading bolton, but if you trade one trade them all

Exactly, if we lose Rioli and Baker there is absolutely no chance of finals in the next 3-4 years, which means Boltons prime is wasted. It's why Id let Balta go as well.

Exactly, if we lose Rioli and Baker there is absolutely no chance of finals in the next 3-4 years, which means Boltons prime is wasted. It's why Id let Balta go as well.
Balta untouchable. A year younger than Bolton, and quality talls are a lot more difficult to find.

rioli and baker are NOT the difference between us and finals

rioli is severely overated and plays the easiest position on the ground and baker has been shite all year

So Baker and Bolton to Freo for 7, 12 and 16. Rioli to GC for 6 and 20. Graham to SA for pick 22 (compo). Later picks to Brisbane for 17.

Leaves us with 1, 6, 7, 12, 16, 17, 20, 21 and 22.

That's some haul.
thats rebuild complete in one off season unless we pick shite

So Baker and Bolton to Freo for 7, 12 and 16. Rioli to GC for 6 and 20. Graham to SA for pick 22 (compo). Later picks to Brisbane for 17.

That's some haul. You'd then try move a couple of them into next years draft.
Never happen, but I would pull myself apart over this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's some haul. You'd then try move a couple of them into next years draft.
Oh My God Omg GIF

100% we should do this, I'd even let Balta leave next year as a FA and take the band 1 compo (quite possibly giving us picks 1 and 2).

If we don't do this and continue along a path to nowhere, the club really need to come out and announce a plan to the fans of when they expect to play finals and when next challenge for a flag, so they can all be held to account.
Let Balta go? Are you mad?

That's some haul. You'd then try move a couple of them into next years dr

I'd consider on trading 21 or 22 to gold coast, pay some of Riolis salaray and try and get the 11 instead of 20

Use 1, 6, 7, 11, 12. Maybe 16 if we have someone in mind but thats a lot of new recruits in 1 off season. If we get 2 other clubs firsts next year plus our own, then the question is how can we afford 8 A graders in 5 years time because we'll nail them all! A man can dream

I'd consider on trading 21 or 22 to gold coast, pay some of Riolis salaray and try and get the 11 instead of 20

Use 1, 6, 7, 11, 12. Maybe 16 if we have someone in mind but thats a lot of new recruits in 1 off season. If we get 2 other clubs firsts next year plus our own, then the question is how can we afford 8 A graders in 5 years time because we'll nail them all! A man can dream
21 & 22 the way they're talking could get F1 picks off contenders. I'd just do that. Brisbane may be keen after taking Ashcroft & Marshall (or before the Marshall bid).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back