List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darling is only 29 + a decade of Oscar Allen. The eagles are probably realising the same thing we did this year - 3 key position forwards dont work.

I am not talking about him being a world beater, he would be a cheap as chips reserve back up. Reading through the Eagles board, he has almost always had their belief and a lack of a suitable position is what hurt his career. Most feel the club did his wrong by playing him out of position due to a wealth of KP FWDS & BACKS

We need someone to replace CCJ & Chol, we needed them like hell this year & we have not replaced them at all. Im never one for going down that road, but these types are the ones i more feel comfortable having a crack at. Nil cost, Low risk - with still a high ceiling of a reward.
CCJ has been replaced by Soldo and we can pick up any spud to replace Chol. Miller could do that job.

CCJ has been replaced by Soldo and we can pick up any spud to replace Chol. Miller could do that job.

Last off-season i said continually, " we need a back up for Toby" with Soldo down. I said to ignore that could derail our entire season, & it certainly did work out that way.

Not having a backup for a 34 yo Jack Riewoldt & a fairly injury prone Tom Lynch is suitably negligent. Soldo & Toby are not really a really any use down forward, both actually look better when they drop back down to defence.

Sure, we can move Balta down forward - but yo-yoing him is nearly always a career killer for a kids development.

If its not Brander, then it needs to be someone, and we likely could be looking at Levi Casboult.

If we are legit going for the prize next year, we need to learn from the errors of this year. Not having a suitable backup to Toby cost us a finals spot, without a doubt. If we had one, we surely win 1 or 2 more games. Chol alone helped us win 1 or 2 as the back-up, so we clearly run the same risk in 2022 as we currently stand

Nth just cut Atley, Tom Campbell & Dumont - so i guess Campbell can now be added to the possibles list, although i feel a back up ruckman is less what we need this year with Soldo back and Ryan getting another year into him

Last off-season i said continually, " we need a back up for Toby" with Soldo down. I said to ignore that could derail our entire season, & it certainly did work out that way.

Not having a backup for a 34 yo Jack Riewoldt & a fairly injury prone Tom Lynch is suitably negligent. Soldo & Toby are not really a really any use down forward, both actually look better when they drop back down to defence.

Sure, we can move Balta down forward - but yo-yoing him is nearly always a career killer for a kids development.

If its not Brander, then it needs to be someone, and we likely could be looking at Levi Casboult.

If we are legit going for the prize next year, we need to learn from the errors of this year. Not having a suitable backup to Toby cost us a finals spot, without a doubt. If we had one, we surely win 1 or 2 more games. Chol alone helped us win 1 or 2 as the back-up.

Nth just cut Atley, Tom Campbell & Dumont - so i guess Campbell can now be added to the possibles list, although i feel a back up ruckman is less what we need this year with Soldo back and Ryan getting another year into him
Is this a troll account? Look at those names! 🤦‍♂️

Side note: If you think this season was "derailed" because of Nank's injury, then you'd make a good living as a cherry picker.

If we are legit going for the prize next year, we need to learn from the errors of this year. Not having a suitable backup to Toby cost us a finals spot, without a doubt. If we had one, we surely win 1 or 2 more games. Chol alone helped us win 1 or 2 as the back-up, so we clearly run the same risk in 2022 as we currently stand

Doesn't the list only have 5 main spots open once and assuming Cumberland and Biggie get rerookied, making the rookies full at 6? To take in Brander we would need to trade out/up and consolidate picks, or not rerookie one. Is that right?

Yep, Samson Ryan is basically the only tall cover that plays forward. But even he will be the number 1 VFL ruck next year and I dare say will be focusing more on the ruck craft.

Tarrant and Miller back, Balta forward. That's my 2 cents for our fall back option. Then Ryan if that won't work.

Just did some rough calculations. Pick 38 & 40 are worth 894 points. With next year's 3rd rounder being worth between 420 (finish last) and 170 (win flag) we're giving up between 1064 points minimum to 1323 points maximum for pick 27 which is worth 703!!!!! WTF kind of lousy deal is that with the mortal enemy. Have we learnt nothing from dealing with them from the 80's. The deal was bad enough without losing next year's 3rd as well. Need someone who knows how to negotiate at punt Rd.

Darling is only 29 + a decade of Oscar Allen. The eagles are probably realising the same thing we did this year - 3 key position forwards dont work.

I am not talking about him being a world beater, he would be a cheap as chips reserve back up. Reading through the Eagles board, he has almost always had their belief and a lack of a suitable position is what hurt his career. Most feel the club did his wrong by playing him out of position due to a wealth of KP FWDS & BACKS

We need someone to replace CCJ & Chol, we needed them like hell this year & we have not replaced them at all. Im never one for going down that road, but these types are the ones i more feel comfortable having a crack at. Nil cost, Low risk - with still a high ceiling of a reward.
Brander makes Chol look like Carey in terms of his ability to impose himself on the game. I'd rather look at someone like Schlensog or another state league KPP who has actually performed in the role or take 2-3 options in the draft and rely on what we've got to get us through.

Just did some rough calculations. Pick 38 & 40 are worth 894 points. With next year's 3rd rounder being worth between 420 (finish last) and 170 (win flag) we're giving up between 1064 points minimum to 1323 points maximum for pick 27 which is worth 703!!!!! WTF kind of lousy deal is that with the mortal enemy. Have we learnt nothing from dealing with them from the 80's. The deal was bad enough without losing next year's 3rd as well. Need someone who knows how to negotiate at punt Rd.
Oh plz.

Way too much focus on points. The list managers have 'players' ranked at where they assume they'll be picked. Nothing to do with points. Then there is the list number factor where we can only really take 5 picks, making the 6th superfluous almost, and certainly devalued. Finally, Collingwood had no pick 2, 3 or 4 next year and were no doubt making a 2022 pick included as a deal breaker, with us having already 3 high picks in 2022 locked in.

So perhaps it wasn't too bad with all the mitigating circumstances.

Brander makes Chol look like Carey in terms of his ability to impose himself on the game. I'd rather look at someone like Schlensog or another state league KPP who has actually performed in the role or take 2-3 options in the draft and rely on what we've got to get us through.
Brander~~~~Schlong

I can only think that we reckon we can deal into a great pick with 27, or we reckon that this year there will be a series of guys worth a lot more than pick 27 still around. There are a lot of very high end potential players (mids) this year. Could be we reckon we can pillage this draft and build an awesome set up for the future if we can be inside pick 30.

Points are not really the picks value. e.g. if you want an A grade KPF then top 10 is worth a very much lot, 11-20 worth a lot, and 20+ not a lot at all. Good mids then the value of picks evens out dramatically. But top end mid top 10 is where the gold is. Could be we reckon that there is a lot of gold in them thar late 20's.

hope so. I trust the club. They really wanted 27. That means either a trade or targeting people.

Yep and if you combine enough 3rd rounder's you could have enough points to smash pick 1's value, what is your point?

FFS this focus on points is ****ing stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to post on your board. Here is my take on this trade. It was never going to be pick 27 for 38 and 40. North would have been offering picks 42 and 47 + future pick. Cats would have offered 34 + 50 and a future pick. The Pies had multiple suitors for the pick. In the end the Tigers gave up a future pick of around pick 50 to sweeten the deal. The tigers didn't care about the points. In the end the Tigers wanted a player with pick 27 rather than 3 players around the 38-53 pick range.

Sorry to post on your board. Here is my take on this trade. It was never going to be pick 27 for 38 and 40. North would have been offering picks 42 and 47 + future pick. Cats would have offered 34 + 50 and a future pick. The Pies had multiple suitors for the pick. In the end the Tigers gave up a future pick of around pick 50 to sweeten the deal. The tigers didn't care about the points. In the end the Tigers wanted a player with pick 27 rather than 3 players around the 38-53 pick range.

And the chol pick was pretty much a bonus

Yep and if you combine enough 3rd rounder's you could have enough points to smash pick 1's value, what is your point?

FFS this focus on points is ******* stupid.
We've got enough points this year for the next decade of pick 1's.

Meh :moustache: Points are irrelevant unless you need to bid for players and if you are trying to move up the draft you have to give up more points than you get - otherwise there is no point in the other team doing the trade. Pick 40 was a pick we probably wouldn't have used, so really we've given up next year's 3rd rounder to move up from 38 to 27. There was some icing for collingwood for us to beat off other clubs who were after 27, but at no big cost to us. In negotiating terms its called a win-win :cool:

FFS this focus on points is ******* stupid.

I know it’s moronic.

I felt we missed a few opportunities week 1 to grab some of the better pick swap deals. But it looks like we were occupied with trying to get, what seemed an impossibly good deal early in the week, from North.

This gets our draft hand in order for next month.

I doubt we will trade up the order any further now. We tried for pick 1 and I’m sure we’ve asked GCS and GWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The big knock on him is his intensity at the ball from all the reports I have read and listened to

Points are irrelevant for us as all our players kept churning out baby girls.
Our future 3rd isn’t gonna be the circuit breaker in any deal with a team chasing points for a F/S next year anyways.

What’s interesting is that we made the deal with the pies today instead of just waiting to make a deal on draft night
Seems like we are still building towards a bigger move
Especially with that 3 conservative group of picks

Brander~~~~Schlong
Maybe so, but at least Schlensog has shown he can play KPP at either end. Brander has never shown it once at the WAFL or AFL level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back