List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that were to happen, who would we get to replace Peggy and Benny they’ve been incredible for us
Should make Benny prez and Peggy CEO

loop laugh GIF

Short life span that tweet. What did it say?
Rendell apparently said that Brisbane would want to trade with Collingwood for McStay despite the fact he's an unrestricted free agent

No Brad Scott, No Gil, no Hocking.

It's all coming together.

If Benny Gale gets the gig, Footy might get saved after all.
theyll appoint dillon or the other bloke whos mouths are glued to gill and shockings peckers

We should capitalise on this graham bidding war. Jack Ross on ability has him covered

Short can’t tackle too save himself.
FYI Short averaged 3.3 tackles a game after he moved to the midfield against the Eagles with 5 games of 5+ tackles, with 8 tackles against Geelong, 7 against Fremantle & Brisbane(R20). I'd suggest he understands what's required of him defensively if he wants to stay in the midfield.

With Taranto and Hopper coming in I'm not fussed if we don't land anyone else this offseason. A dream result for me would be trading Graham and Soldo for something decent especially Graham. Offloading Castagna for a plastic butter knife would be great also. Get games into Ryan, Bauer and the kids who deserve it get rewarded. Rest Riewoldt, Cotchin and Prestia against easy kills and 6 day interstate games. CLUB MUST START PLANNING THE TOM LYNCH HEIST PT2 NOW. MCKAY SEEMS MOST OBVIOUS IF NOT, GC KING OR JAMARA UGLE HAGAN WILL BE SQUEEZED OUT WITH LOBB, DARCY, NAUGHTON, LIAM JONES. IF TOM GREENS NOT SIGNED BY ROUND 20 I RECKON HES OURS TOO 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 Graham was a good servant for pick 53 but will be a phenomenal cashcow 💰💰💰🐄🐄🐄🤠🤠🤠🤠

FYI Short averaged 3.3 tackles a game after he moved to the midfield against the Eagles with 5 games of 5+ tackles, with 8 tackles against Geelong, 7 against Fremantle & Brisbane(R20). I'd suggest he understands what's required of him defensively if he wants to stay in the midfield.
You think he could tackle and stick someone of the ilk of a Dangerfield better than fridge?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Taranto and Hopper coming in I'm not fussed if we don't land anyone else this offseason. A dream result for me would be trading Graham and Soldo for something decent especially Graham. Offloading Castagna for a plastic butter knife would be great also. Get games into Ryan, Bauer and the kids who deserve it get rewarded. Rest Riewoldt, Cotchin and Prestia against easy kills and 6 day interstate games. CLUB MUST START PLANNING THE TOM LYNCH HEIST PT2 NOW. MCKAY SEEMS MOST OBVIOUS IF NOT, GC KING OR JAMARA UGLE HAGAN WILL BE SQUEEZED OUT WITH LOBB, DARCY, NAUGHTON, LIAM JONES. IF TOM GREENS NOT SIGNED BY ROUND 20 I RECKON HES OURS TOO 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 Graham was a good servant for pick 53 but will be a phenomenal cashcow 💰💰💰🐄🐄🐄🤠🤠🤠🤠
Don't you raise your voice at me!

Yeah but how many of them properly stuck?

Zero.

On Fridge.

- If we trade him for a future second, we'll get Taranto and Hopper. If we don't trade him for a future second rounder, we'll still get Taranto and Hopper.

- Francis Bourke Award winners don't get traded, unless they absolutely demand it, which he isn't.

You think he could tackle and stick someone of the ilk of a Dangerfield better than fridge?
Better? Who knows, but with the right technique I'm sure he could land a tackle. You don't have to be 181cm & 83kg to be able to tackle, Rory Laird is similar in size to Short but averaged 8 tackles a game this year. It's more to do with the mindset of wanting to do it and it appears that Short was more than willing to lay tackles once he moved into the midfield and with the addition of Taranto & Hopper we don't need Short to be tackling like Graham does, we just need him to be doing it when it's his turn to do so.

Yeah but how many of them properly stuck?

Zero.
You don't get credited with a tackle as a stat unless it actually impacts the play, i.e. causes a stoppage or results in a free for/against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back