List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha freo demand gold bars for their trash players and when they sound out contracted players from other clubs they offer mid range shit pick nonsense.

They'll pay up.... They can't walk away now either, I'd argue 9 and 10 are still not good enough... I hope Blair just holds firm and walks away if they can't deal.

Why hand freo a shot at a flag if they don't want to pay a premium

Would you say the same about Rioli? In my books picks 6+20 is worth far more than what Bolton seems to be going for (unfortunately). Not bad for a half back flanker.
Bolton is worth way more than Rioli. Gold Coast have to pay a premium because they're a C grade club in a great location.

Bolton won't go for what the media nongs are suggesting... 9 & 16 (which will probably become 11 & 20odd) no chance that's happening. Zero chance.

Norf will probably cough up pick 2 for Houston - because they are a crap club and not a glamour club. Whether that be by trading for 2 picks or whatever.

I have said over and over that the CEO has said that we won't be doing deals that aren't extraordinary for contracted players. Port, I'm sure would say the same about a contracted Houston.

9 & 16 (or 11 & 20odd) is a million, no, a billion miles off being extraordinary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m thinking Bolton for picks 9, 10, 16, 27 and their future 2nd.

We send back pick 20, Brisbanes future first and our future 3rd.

Assuming Graham compo is band 4/5 (if band 3 we change it up a bit) we can trade pick 10, 39 (Graham compo), 41 and 57 to Essendon for 8 and 28.

We can then trade picks 39 & 47 to Carlton for pick 31.

Then we trade picks 27, 28, 29 & 31 to Brisbane for their first and future first. That will end up being approx 2400 points. The picks Carlton and Essendon get will go up in value after Ashcroft bid burns 27, 28, 29 and maybe part of 31.

Then over to GC.

We’ll trade them our future second, Freo’s future second and Rioli for picks 6, 12 & 20.

Then WC

They can either give us 13 for Baker, or 3 for Baker + 9.

We end up with picks 1, 3, 6, 8, 12, 16, 18, 21

OR

Picks 1, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 16, 18, 21

Either way we will trade at least one pick for a later pick in the draft + a future first.

Poor form thanking a player for being loyal? WTF?

Didn't name Bolton, Rioli or Baker at all. Why shouldn't the President thank a player for sticking around?
Loyalty is a fabrication of those in power to hold onto workers. As an employee ill look after the best for myself and expect my employer to give me a good standard of conditions. Can they give me crap conditions amd then say I'm not loyal (which happened to me at a former workplace). There is no loyalty, there is only doing what is in your best self interest (which can be sticking with a club because you enjoy being there, facilities, people etc). Our stuff up has been our underspending in conditioning making us uncompetitive.

If we do end up with #9 + #16 for shai we should not contribute anything to his salary and just save our $$$

Then throw $1.3 mil deal at Brayshaw next year as a free agent , Just let his manager know there is a nice super package waiting for him next year and not sign early

And Rioli… it’s amazing what the power of ‘good women’ can do. Geez, should have just given her the Jack Dyer medal last night. Even praised Yze.

No mention on his plans or anything regarding that. If that’s the last we see him in the yellow and black then that was really disappointing from him.
Probably couldn't say much in case the deal doesn't go through and he's back at tigerland next year.

SARAH Olle and Josh Gabelich on Trade Exchange have discussed the potential hand Richmond could hold coming into the upcoming draft.

Following trade requests from Daniel Rioli - who last night won Richmond's Jack Dyer Medal - Shai Bolton and Liam Baker and with free agent Jack Graham also expected to depart, Gabelich says the Tigers could hold up to seven picks in the top 30 come draft night.

"If Dan Rioli gets to the Gold Coast Suns, as expected, there's a fair chance pick six from the Suns will be included in that deal, which is a big, big get when you consider where they're at right now," Gabelich said on Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio.

"Liam Baker ... could pick 13 be included in this deal? They don't have pick 13 right now, the West Coast Eagles, Hawthorn do. The expectation is that will be included in the Tom Barrass trade.

"All of a sudden, there's pick six, there's pick 13 and we haven't even discussed Shai Bolton yet. The expectation is he (Bolton) does get to Fremantle, they've been in the hunt for him for the best part of three to four months now.

"Then factor in Jack Graham and the free agency compensation they will get for him.

"Richmond could really be armed with pick one, pick six, pick nine, pick 13, pick 16, pick 21 and pick 29 - that's not including the Jack Graham compensation." - Phoebe McWilliams

Most of us on Bigfooty and PRE have had this view for our likely draft haul.

I remember when I said we have to get two first rounders for Rioli including pick 6 some scoffed at that.

Rioli B&F winner we will push for 6&12 but likely to settle on 6 & 20

Baker always thought he was a pick between 10 and 15 so pick 13 no surprises there. To think some were even suggesting West Coast second round pick 23 and a future 2nd

Bolton would hope for 9 & 10 but likely 9 & 16 which is fine in this deep draft.

The lions pick 18 should come our way for points needed for Levi Ashcroft

Likely 2nd round compo pick (22) for Jack Graham after our pick 21

So likely draft haul 7 first rounders and start of second round 21

1, 6, 9, 13, 16, 18, 20, 21, 22

*This will all depend on list spots and if we look to boost our 2025 draft

I'm Not including 29 and other pics as we could well have used them in deals.

Not sure if the eagles will look to split their pick 3 but if they do we'll be the likely recipient.

Bring on the trades and draft

TALKS ON TIGERS TO RAMP UP​

TRADE talks for Richmond's wantaway trio Shai Bolton, Daniel Rioli and Liam Baker are set to ramp up following the Tigers' best and fairest, with all three finishing in the top-five of the count.

Rioli claimed his first Jack Dyer Medal on Wednesday night as Gold Coast look to strike a deal for the triple-premiership half-back, with all three players speaking to the crowd at Crown Palladium for the event.

The Suns' pick No.6 will be put forward for Rioli, with the Tigers at this stage expected to look for more in return for the 27-year-old, who is contracted with Richmond for another three seasons. He has a five-year offer from the Suns.

Gold Coast also holds picks 12, 20, 26, 38, 46 and 74 this year, as well as its full 2025 hand of picks, with a number of clubs chasing the Suns' No.12 pick. Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne, the Western Bulldogs and Sydney are among the clubs who have interest in the pick, which is up for grabs due to incoming Academy prospect Leo Lombard.
Fremantle's long-held interest in Bolton means the Dockers are still the expected club for the Tigers star, with the Dockers having a five-year offer for him. Andrew McQualter's appointment as West Coast's new senior coach hasn't shifted the view Fremantle is best placed to get a deal done, with the Tigers aware of Bolton's interest in being a Docker.

The Dockers have been prepared to offer two of their first-round picks for Bolton – picks No.9 and 16 – although Richmond is expected to target Freo's No.9 and 10 picks for the 25-year-old.

Baker's move to West Coast is further down the line given his out-of-contract status. Fremantle had been prepared to trade pick 10 for Baker if he chose them, but after a long decision he this week officially nominated the Eagles as his new club.

Hawthorn is prepared to offer pick 13 in this year's draft for wantaway Eagle Tom Barrass, with West Coast expected to target that selection as well as a future first-round pick in exchange for Barrass and a second-round pick. A version of pick purchasing – where the Eagles could pay some of Barrass' remaining salary to generate a better picks outcome – is also a possibility, however the Hawks are considered unlikely to want to part with back-to-back first-round selections.

That pick 13 would be involved in a deal for Baker, who is a year off being a free agent. Baker and Bolton finished equal fifth in Richmond's best and fairest on Wednesday night.

Richmond's unrestricted free agent Jack Graham toured West Coast's facilities on Wednesday in another step to him joining the Eagles. Graham has four-year offers from both clubs but, although yet to confirm his decision, is expected to join the Eagles following McQualter's appointment on Monday. Callum Twomey, Riley Beveridge

update from twomey and beveridge

According to Mitch Cleary we are having a sniff at Conor Stone from GWS
Who Is This GIF by Trombone Shorty

First deal Richmond should do is trade Bolton to Fremantle for 9 & 16, leaving 10 for Fremantle to draft Allen, thinking that they've won the deal.

Second deal Richmond do is Rioli to Gold Coast for 6 & 20.

In the meantime we 'haggle' with WCE over the deal to send Baker to them. We get them to offer Graham a little bit more so that he gets us pick 22 as compensation, we then trade Baker 9 20 & 22 for 3 13 & 23 from WCE.

That sees Richmond have picks 1, 3, 6, 13, 21 & 23, before we worry about trading our later picks for a R1 pick. We could then discuss with North a deal where they split pick 2 for 6 & 23. Leaving us with 1, 2, 3 & 13

WCE gets Baker Graham 9(Allen), 20 & 22

North gets 6 & 23 to go with 22, Houston Darling & Parker

Freo get Bolton & whoever is available at 10 for being smart.
Blair said last night we're not looking to do 1,2,3....1 & 3 are enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back