List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I've seen this stated, which does make more sense than 7 alone.

However what do Geelong have that they can give back. Really their current first rounder and future first rounder should be tide up in the Brauhn and Henry deals, which leaves their second rounders which by the time compensation picks and academy/F&S selections are done will be pick 50 or thereabouts.

Not sure how they get all three done but I’m sure they’ll work it out. I suspect that maybe cats go here’s 7 for pies first and Henry or Bruhn and 12/19.

Keeping 7 and getting Henry + Bruhn seems unlikely to me. But that’s the problem the Cats list management team need to figure out.

Inexcusable to be getting rid of a top 10 draft pick for salary cap purposes but at the same time give the likes of Chol a bumper contract last year, Rory Atkins the year before, then trading in guys like Markov, Long and Berry.

Suns are a mess, no arguments here. It’s honestly not surprising, the AFL is a poorly run organisation that throws ideas at a wall and sees what sticks. They never set these clubs up correctly to begin with and have been chasing their tails ever since.

But **** the AFL, I’ll take Prestia, Lynch, Taranto and Hopper every day of the week from those incompetent arseholes.

I believe that Kingsley is the one pushing the get 2 senior player angle. He'd know our list as well as anyone and would believe that Soldo and Ralphsmith, for example, would bring more to the Giants than pick 31 and either Soldo or Ralphsmith alone would. I'm not surprised to read that they are angling for either pick 31 or 2023 R1 and 2 senior players like Soldo and Ralphsmith.

Theres talk of Riccardi being thrown into the deal.....
Interested Go On GIF by reactionseditor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twomey saying we need offer more for Hopper. Follows up by saying that GWS have cap space issues and if the Hopper deal fell through would have look for deals for Whitfield and Haynes.

Confused.gif

Surely these 2 events are not mutually exclusive. Should hold firm with future 1st and Soldo offer.

Last edited:
Twomey saying we need offer more for Hoppe. Follows up by saying that GWS have cap space issues and if the Hopper deal fell through would have look for deals for Whitfield and Haynes.

View attachment 1527752

Surely these 2 events are not mutually exclusive. Should hold firm with future 1st and Soldo offer.

Exactly so why are GWS not giving us pick 7?

Or trade out Haynes because it has been mentioned Whitfield is BS

I believe that Kingsley is the one pushing the get 2 senior player angle. He'd know our list as well as anyone and would believe that Soldo and Ralphsmith, for example, would bring more to the Giants than pick 31 and either Soldo or Ralphsmith alone would. I'm not surprised to read that they are angling for either pick 31 or 2023 R1 and 2 senior players like Soldo and Ralphsmith.
It would have to be 31 plus Soldo and Ralphsmith

Jacob Hopper for a future first and both Soldo and Ralpsmith is GTFO territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back