List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still lose the list spot and salary space

They are essentially trading in an overpriced list clogger, all for pick 7 that may not even turn out to be a good player

They are taking on a fair amount of risk
It's quite possible dangerflop may walk because he's underpaid by comparison...

Would you do the same job for half the pay?
If I've already made a killing then maybe. Everyone's circumstances are different, but im sure Geelong have added a bit on top but it wouldn't be much.

They still lose the list spot and salary space

They are essentially trading in an overpriced list clogger, all for pick 7 that may not even turn out to be a good player

They are taking on a fair amount of risk
I agree with this statement but unfortunately they're going to ontrade 7 for Bruhn and Henry thus somewhat removing that risk.

If I've already made a killing then maybe. Everyone's circumstances are different, but im sure Geelong have added a bit on top but it wouldn't be much.
That's 2 more pre seasons.
2 more Danger telling you how good he is.
2 more of salty Scott.
All for half pay
Good lord I'd rather stay at the suns

That's 2 more pre seasons.
2 more Danger telling you how good he is.
2 more of salty Scott.
All for half pay
Good lord I'd rather stay at the suns
Im with you there.

Damo said GWS would look to get off haynes money apparently 850k+ if someone was interested in him and may include a pick like the bowes deal, probably means hopper gets done once they stop posturing since they don't really have a leg to stand on

Hawkins must be filthy getting paid unders his whole career and then watches some young guy who cant even make it into the Suns 22 come and earn 850K a year LOL

Cats buying pick 7 for 1.7 mill over two years (at a guess 2.5 mill over 4 years). That pick 7 better work out because Bowes is average and will be lucky to play in the starting 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why didnt North, Essendon or Hawks walk into meeting with GC and say, “deal with us and we will give you a 4th rounder back the other way 😏

It’s mental.

5 clubs after this deal yet GC don’t increase their price, just accept it.
Unbelievable

GC are an interesting club. too many high picks and not enough culture, yet.

GWS could solve their salary cap issues by paying other clubs to take Coligno etc, with some of their high end draft picks. Maybe they just like drafting high picks, stocking them and then trading the players on again. Sort of a nice way to ensure your role is valued without having to perform.

I agree with this statement but unfortunately they're going to ontrade 7 for Bruhn and Henry thus somewhat removing that risk.
Yeah agree with that as well, just more pointing out that it’s not some risk free investment by the cats

Needless to say it’s going to be interesting looking back at this particular move mid next year, 2 years time and beyond to see how it all plays out

But can’t really worry about it all to much either
I don’t really have a massive investment in what other clubs do compared to what we do

GC are an interesting club. too many high picks and not enough culture, yet.

GWS could solve their salary cap issues by paying other clubs to take Coligno etc, with some of their high end draft picks. Maybe they just like drafting high picks, stocking them and then trading the players on again. Sort of a nice way to ensure your role is valued without having to perform.
I think with GWS holding on to some of these old blokes although it’s hurting them in the short to mid term it’s trying to avoid the pitfalls of what has happened to the Gold Coast and taking the easy option and trading them out

It’s the guys like Whitfield and Cogs that will create that culture
I think we are starting to see that come through with guys like Davis and Ward

So Gold Coast want to get off Jack Bowes salary and will use pick 7 to do so but at the same time they are trading for Ben Long.

Make it make sense.

All the more reason why the AFL shouldn't be handing out compensation/priority picks. Shit clubs make these deals and should be left to deal with the consequences without getting a hand out.

Geelong probably offered bowes 4 x 500 to smooth it out
Bombers are that toxic Bowes preferred to sign up for Geelong VFL rather than play for them

Bowes must feel like crap. Imagine being the carcass attached to a high salary that a club just wants to dump, to the point where they are prepared to give up pick 7. Basically he may as well carry the water bottles next year, that’s how irrelevant his talent was to The trade being made

So Gold Coast want to get off Jack Bowes salary and will use pick 7 to do so but at the same time they are trading for Ben Long.

Make it make sense.

All the more reason why the AFL shouldn't be handing out compensation/priority picks. s**t clubs make these deals and should be left to deal with the consequences without getting a hand out.

Long 300k. Bowes 850k.

Damo said GWS would look to get off haynes money apparently 850k+ if someone was interested in him and may include a pick like the bowes deal, probably means hopper gets done once they stop posturing since they don't really have a leg to stand on

He's contracted - But, he won't be soon and a restricted free agent to boot - there are swings and round abuts in this deal - it'll get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back