List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't really need a good draft hand considering we are investing heavily in trading players in.
It's likely we may only take one kid in the draft and then just elevate rookie listed players.
Yeah we'll probably only take 1 or 2 kids but our next pick after 31 is 88. In a weak draft it'd just be a waste. Need to be in around 30 IMO.

We already have the worst draft hand in the comp this year. Can't afford to lose pick 31 as well unless we have plans to bring in an earlier pick somehow later.
Good thing we went hard during the 2021 draft, which was a strong draft by most recruiters, a lot stronger than this year.

We do not have the be big players in every draft, however we stocked up on some talent last year, now we bring in some ready made mids through trade this year, and with whatever picks we have left we will use to fill some needs, can see a project ruckman and a defender being looked at.

and out of those only sonsie will make it

gibcus wont be playing afl in 4 years time
That's an outlandish statement even for you.

That's an outlandish statement even for you.
headless chook all year I make the big statements no beating around the bush

and out of those only sonsie will make it

gibcus wont be playing afl in 4 years time
200w.gif

Good ol Wikipedia have Hoppers current club listed as Richmond 😂
Jumping the gun, or the inside word
its virtually done. Gil's put an embargo on it until the last hour of trade week.

Soldo already on realestate.com looking at some properties as we speak.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not in Melbourne..
I'm guessing you're in Byron...

Yeah all trades so far have been done in the afternoon. Don't expect this trend to change.
Stage-managed. Hutchy's gotta pay for the extension to his cheese room.

It’s still a lot of money. Say $550-600k for 4 for a guy that couldn’t make GC’s team.
He's already taken unders in the last couple of seasons, hence his big paydays the next two. No way he'd extend for a further two years on anything less than the AFL average - and if he deserves to be around in 2025/26 he should back himself to be a senior, 500k plus player in those years. So it's at least 600k per year for four years, I reckon, maybe 650.

gibcus will be like one of those freo backs that people reckon are alright but in reality go to st kilda for a 3rd rounder
If Gibcus gets some confidence back in his marking he will likely be one of the best intercept defenders in the league if he stays down back for a few years.
I personally think we should develop him as our Riewoldt replacement up forward, as they share the same type of mobility.

Make of this what you will.
I've only started following this person recently but seems to have a pretty good strike rate apart from mentioning yesterday that Richmond wants Graham's contract gone/off the books.

Just because you don't want it to be so about Graham doesn't mean it isn't factual. After his 2017 GF we all thought he could be a superstar of the comp (much like Dean Polo's debut). Sadly Graham hasn't come close to replicating that form and he has stagnated, even regressed. We fought off a massive offer from Carlton years ago which lifted him into the top 6-8 highest paid players at the club. Next year with Hopper and Taranto he'd barely be an Emergency. Bang for buck wise that puts him in the Caddie wasted $$$$'s category. Soon we're going to need to give Bolton, Balta, Gibcus, Sonsie decent pay rises and attract a quality KPF. The club would be foolish to want big $$$'s tied up in someone who's now the perfect example of a list clogger. His peak trade currency is now.

Yeah we'll probably only take 1 or 2 kids but our next pick after 31 is 88. In a weak draft it'd just be a waste. Need to be in around 30 IMO.
Only about 50 picks will be used. So 88 is the new 50.

Just because you don't want it to be so about Graham doesn't mean it isn't factual. After his 2017 GF we all thought he could be a superstar of the comp (much like Dean Polo's debut). Sadly Graham hasn't come close to replicating that form and he has stagnated, even regressed. We fought off a massive offer from Carlton years ago which lifted him into the top 6-8 highest paid players at the club. Next year with Hopper and Taranto he'd barely be an Emergency. Bang for buck wise that puts him in the Caddie wasted $$$$'s category. Soon we're going to need to give Bolton, Balta, Gibcus, Sonsie decent pay rises and attract a quality KPF. The club would be foolish to want big $$$'s tied up in someone who's now the perfect example of a list clogger. His peak trade currency is now.
shouldve let him go to cartloon imo

If Gibcus gets some confidence back in his marking he will likely be one of the best intercept defenders in the league if he stays down back for a few years.
I personally think we should develop him as our Riewoldt replacement up forward, as they share the same type of mobility.

He’s still a kid.. he’s got to put some weight on before he’s a finished product
I’m excited about this young man

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back