List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe we are holding back on doing the deal with GWS because we know that AFL house can't stand us slotting W's throughout this trade period. Maybe we have a whiff that if we get rid of all the draft picks they will come in with a new rule that you have to take a first or second round pick in each draft and then fine us for not doing so.

What can we offer to get Dunkley in preseason draft so he can play and win for us next season??

We can get Hopper next year in FA and trade out Dunkley if he wants
Dunkley doesn't have anywhere near the quality or quantity of random gifs that Hopper provides.

What can we offer to get Dunkley in preseason draft so he can play and win for us next season??

Do you think we have a limitless cap?
How do we keep a hold of our existing players when their contracts expire over the next few years?

You happy to see Bolton go to WA if we pick up Dunkley from the PSD?

If we did that Hopper wouldn't nominate us next year. Players don't like being promised a club will work to bring them over then giving up on them.

Too late to start putting work into Dunkley too.

Do you think we have a limitless cap?
How do we keep a hold of our existing players when their contracts expire over the next few years?

You happy to see Bolton go to WA if we pick up Dunkley from the PSD?

Boltons contract ends in 2024, we can trade Dunkley out to Brisbane if he wants then, we just have to get Dunkley for 2023 via preseason, and give him a shot at the flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly why we drafted 5 kids in th top 30 last year, knowing our draft picks would be compromised in th next couple of drafts

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If we got Van Rooyen at 17 last year I wouldn’t have a worry in the world about no picks this year. The only thing missing on our list is a decent kpf developing. Was surprised we went all smalls with 17/28/29/30 last year otherwise we have absolutely nailed it!

Whether or not we turn Gibcus (Balta needs to stay back) into one is yet to be seen but we have all other bases covered imo.

No worries starting in the second round next year as we’ve picked up more gems in the 2nd round the last 5 years then in the 1st round. If we could fluke another second rounder next year on the way back from the Hopper deal I’d be even more excited!

My point on JVR is that Jack will be fine next year and it would’ve been perfect to get Van Rooyen taking over his role in 2024 but overall I’m still very excited by getting Taranto and Hopper!

It would not surprise if we try and get back into the 1st round somehow? Either this year or next.
The only way we do that is by trading a player this year so I think that is no chance at all

If we can get a few future picks back in the Hopper deal we might be able to package up something to get a first round pick next year

Will be interesting to see how that pans out Cause we could do anything next year on field. Think we’ll be top 4 again and give the flag a real shake

Imagine being a scout or recruiter this year at RFC. A year or 2s research and work wasted cause we got no picks.
Well, not really. Blair would have sought feedback from our recruiters prior to moving on all our picks.
They still play a key role.
If we couldn't facilitate the trades for Taranto/Hopper, we wouldn't have allowed them to nominate us, if we had the intention to hit the draft.

Those saying pick up Hopper or someone else next season miss a fairly salient point: if we do that, we won't have them for next season. We are a red hot crack at a flag next year if we get Hopper IMO. Another year goes by, Riewoldt probably retires, Martin, Tarrant, Cotchin etc. may depart - we're definitely not out of it, but next year is massive.

We stocked up on early draft picks last year for precisely this move - I reckon overpaying slightly to get the deal done is fine. I mean, if it all comes crashing down in future years and we're left with big contracts for Hopper/Taranto that we regret - we're probably not going to look back and think "gee, wish we had bargained a little bit harder and kept that pick 31 in the '22 draft, we'd be in a much better position now". It's boom or bust here folks.

The only way we do that is by trading a player this year so I think that is no chance at all

If we can get a few future picks back in the Hopper deal we might be able to package up something to get a first round pick next year

Will be interesting to see how that pans out Cause we could do anything next year on field. Think we’ll be top 4 again and give the flag a real shake

if we do not win next year it is a fail

I'm really excited about what this thread is going to deliver for the next 5 days.

I Am Trash GIF by PBS Digital Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back