List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine being a scout or recruiter this year at RFC. A year or 2s research and work wasted cause we got no picks.
They work in the sane building, their work has a lot to do with why they are trading out

Imagine being a scout or recruiter this year at RFC. A year or 2s research and work wasted cause we got no picks.
Imagine thinking list management and trading isn't a cohesive team project driven by 1000's of hours, data analysis and projections years in advance.... Then thinking said data is destroyed because by your theory, all analysis is "wasted" if a player is not selected.

But hey, BigFooty knows better.

Imagine thinking list management and trading isn't a cohesive team project driven by 100's of hours, data analysis and projections years in advance.... Then thinking said data is destroyed because by your theory, all analysis is "wasted" if a player is not selected.

But hey, BigFooty knows better.

Basically it’s just Blair playing SuperCoach and looking at CD ratings.

makes getting Dunkley for a year via preseason that much more relevant
Still no.
Dunkley would not agree to a one year contract. There's no guarantee that Brisbane will still be in the market for Dunkley in a year's time.

if we do not win next year it is a fail
Yeah getting Hopper and Taranto is chips all in next year
So it’s a bit like that

Feel like it’ll be Cotch/Jacks last hoorah together

Selwood retired at 34 this year
Hawkins will play next year at 35

Jack will be 34 next year and Cotch will be 33. They’re our versions so will be interesting if they can keep performing like this year cause if they do they might even get another year in 2024

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why isnt future first and soldo enough ? why do gws want to bend us over (again ) and take 31 as well?

we are acting like we are the town bicycle and now in the media theyre saying we are great to deal with, prrrrfff yeah cos we let everyone have a go and then go home to our husband at 3am
Whoops GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

If we got Van Rooyen at 17 last year I wouldn’t have a worry in the world about no picks this year. The only thing missing on our list is a decent kpf developing. Was surprised we went all smalls with 17/28/29/30 last year otherwise we have absolutely nailed it!

Whether or not we turn Gibcus (Balta needs to stay back) into one is yet to be seen but we have all other bases covered imo.

No worries starting in the second round next year as we’ve picked up more gems in the 2nd round the last 5 years then in the 1st round. If we could fluke another second rounder next year on the way back from the Hopper deal I’d be even more excited!

My point on JVR is that Jack will be fine next year and it would’ve been perfect to get Van Rooyen taking over his role in 2024 but overall I’m still very excited by getting Taranto and Hopper!

I was a bit surprised we took a half back flanker with pick 17, but he might be something further down th line

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

we are crazy to waste list spots on rookie picks
What you mean like;
3 time flag winners Dylan Grimes, George "Chaos" Castagna and Kane Lambert?
2 time flag winners Jayden Short, Liam Baker and Marlon Pickett?
1 time flag winners Dan Butler and Ivan Soldo

I can see why we shouldn't look at the rookie drafts. Nothing but spuds in our history

I was a bit surprised we took a half back flanker with pick 17, but he might be something further down th line

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah not disputing or writing Brown off at all just seems like we’re stacked for half backs and it wasn’t an area of need at the time. He looks a beauty too

Biggie/Miller have been thrown around everywhere in the vfl so I guess we’ve got great flexibility with our talls on the list as evident by Millers second half of the year in the 3rd forward/2nd ruck role! The only issue is that they’re not natural forwards like Jack/Lynch but can fill a role. Sampson is the exciting prospect but losing Soldo means we’re gonna need him as a ruck more then a forward now.

I just loved watching Van Rooyen in the vfl finals and think they have an absolute gem in an area we could use once Jack retires! He’s that natural forward type which we’re lacking. Hopefully Gibcus could develop into that player cause he has all the traits and while Tarrant and Grimes are around we have a chance to trial it next year! We can’t play Balta/Tarrant/Gibcus/Grimes/Broad down back every week as I think it’s unbalanced, so I hope we give it a shot next year!

For those that missed it.
Unfortunately, no expected timeline.

So in essence picks 12 and 19 (CCJ) for Taranto and picks 18 (future first) 🏆, 31 and rookie draft pick No 68 (Soldo) for Hopper, that's not a bad deal, no top 10 picks required for either. We ain't getting players like Zac Willaims, Dylan Shiel, Devon Smith etc, we are getting two top-notch mids who will help our fortunes in 2023 and beyond as the Cats paid for Jeremy Cameron (3 first-rounders).

As much as I would like to hold onto pick 31, (hopefully, we get a pick back in the 40's (3rd rounder), would anyone in their right mind do a pick swap pick 7 (Hopper) for 18 and 31 or pick 2 (Taranto) for picks 12 and 19 in the ND. Top 10 picks are like gold.

I know some are saying we are paying too much, but if Shai Bolton was wanting to leave no doubt most would be saying we GOT shafted if we accepted picks 12 and 19

Last edited:
Not really a waste as 1) we need to know the value of what we are giving up & 2) build relationships with these players so we can steal them from peasant clubs later. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back