List Mgmt. Trade: Geelong trades Round One compensation and No. 55 selection to Gold Coast for Josh Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

you been out to burra? bit of a drive from taylors lakes, wherever that is.
Heaps. Used to live at Watsonia barracks

Gee that just brought back some memories. Bought my first stereo at Brashs Greensborough Plaza.
$2,000 was a fair bit of coin in 88

Heaps. Used to live at Watsonia barracks

Gee that just brought back some memories. Bought my first stereo at Brashs Greensborough Plaza.
$2,000 was a fair bit of coin in 88

reserves or main army? that would have been before the government sold the land off that became viewbank.

brash's, oh the memories of the plaza.

Just got back from the Plaza.
Didn't see anybody there that looked like Cadds, though.

did ya look hard enough? its like the aryan neighbourhood out that way.

Saturday morning mate, the 20-year olds were all still in bed, the place was absolutely chocka with mum and dad shoppers, couldn't move in the supermarket.
Don't know about the aryan neighbourhood these days, its pretty diverse now compared with what it used to be.
Mind you, I was born and raised in the Borough and went to school here in the '50s, so I'm looking back a fair way. Way, way pre-Plaza; in fact, even before the first supermarket.

I remember that store, last time I heard of Brash's was heading into Melbourne about 1997 and getting Steve Vai to sign my piece of shit Ibanez RG guitar.
He looked at me, looked at my guitar, smiled then processed to make it sing (literally)....happy days :)

I didn't wanna touch that guitar ever again.

Saturday morning mate, the 20-year olds were all still in bed, the place was absolutely chocka with mum and dad shoppers, couldn't move in the supermarket.
Don't know about the aryan neighbourhood these days, its pretty diverse now compared with what it used to be.
Mind you, I was born and raised in the Borough and went to school here in the '50s, so I'm looking back a fair way. Way, way pre-Plaza; in fact, even before the first supermarket.

the aryan comment was said in jest, no offence meant.

i grew up in monty myself, the area has changed quite a bit since i was a young'un in the early 90's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the aryan comment was said in jest, no offence meant.

i grew up in monty myself, the area has changed quite a bit since i was a young'un in the early 90's.

Mate, I never even thought of taking offence.
It certainly used to be a very homogenous area. I don't recall even meeting any non-anglos until I moved to secondary school out of the area in the 1960s (there were a couple of part-koorie kids at Greensborough State School, but we didn't "know" they were, we just knew they were good footballers).
But the area is certainly much more diverse now.
As is Monty, of course.

Is Caddy a good follower? Or is he better suited for a midfield role like Corey?

I think most people rate him a tough inside getter of the footy, someone like Selwood but has better aerial ability, Suns supporters would know much better but watching some of his games on AFL.com, so stoked we got him.

yep definitely.
Would probably be the longest kicking midfielder we have drafted for well over a decade, Yablett Jnr could manage 50 no worries but Caddy let's them sail that distance with relative ease.

reserves or main army? that would have been before the government sold the land off that became viewbank.

brash's, oh the memories of the plaza.

Regs.
I was a sapper at 2 sig.
They sold the land?????

Regs.
I was a sapper at 2 sig.
They sold the land?????

The Simpson Barracks are still well and truly there, with lots of land still attached.
But they did sell off huge swags of it on the City side and around the Yallambie boundaries, all now covered with housing (some of it Army).

Saw GCS v Pies the other day.

Caddy looked OK without any Cotchin or Selwood moments. They played him on the wing for a fair bit and he did a lot of running for little reward (Collingwood were doing a job on the suns though).

In looks (ONLY) he was a dead ringer for Nathan Buckley. When he grimaced in a head shot it was uncanny.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade: Geelong trades Round One compensation and No. 55 selection to Gold Coast for Josh Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back