Trade Hypotheticals *MERGED THREADS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Shane Tuck

makes sense, whilst tucky avg 25 possies a game at afl level, mostly clearances, Harris couldnt achieve that at VFL, were you thinking his 2004 formline:rolleyes:

Hate to say it Bo, but your right, Tuck is at least a quality player (his age is what would prevent me wanting carlton to pick him up)

Harris is an out and out spud.

Re: Matthew Spangher

He's the sort of player the Eagles would probably like to hold onto as he's had a few years worth of work put into him but if Carlton are offering 3 years and he's keen, then I'd be happy to see the club trade him as he's not earned a 3 year deal at WCE at this stage and we have just re-signed Will Schofield, a similar type.

Spangher a likely type, great run and attack on the ball but he's not exactly a strong defender, he's more of a complimentary player in a strong defense than someone you'd want to be relying on to close down an important opponent.

Tough to know how good he can be, there's a bit of Brent Staker about him in that regard (he's probably a harder worker than Staker).

Forget him! Take him only if we don't have to give much. Maybe swap Ellard or Bentick for him.
We already have someone who has as much or more potential than Spangher (193 & 22 years old next year)
You forget the only reason Hartlett (196c & 23 years old next year) hasn't managed to give his best is he has constantly been injured and has never had a real full pre season. I am still very hopeful he can become one of the best 22 players. He can mark, kick a mile and is tough. We must percevere with him. Spangher's upside is no better than Hartletts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget him! Take him only if we don't have to give much. Maybe swap Ellard or Bentick for him.
We already have someone who has as much or more potential than Spangher (193 & 22 years old next year)
You forget the only reason Hartlett (196c & 23 years old next year) hasn't managed to give his best is he has constantly been injured and has never had a real full pre season. I am still very hopeful he can become one of the best 22 players. He can mark, kick a mile and is tough. We must percevere with him. Spangher's upside is no better than Hartletts.

You have to be joking suggesting Hartlett will be in our best 22 next year, the reality is that most likely he will be delisted.

Cant believe Carlton would let Chris Yarran go.

WC would give up Spangher and McKinley for Yarran in a Heartbeat.

No doubt they would - and that's because they'd not be giving up much (talent wise) in return for a decent punt on a guy that could be as good as McLeod.

Cant believe Carlton would let Chris Yarran go.

WC would give up Spangher and McKinley for Yarran in a Heartbeat.

At the end of season interview if Yarran indicated he was most likely want to return to WA next year the Blues would be wise to at least discuss trade options with both WA clubs this trade period simply to see what they are offered. If a trade was requested next year the Blues would have less bargaining power as he would be out of contract.

I think the Eagles would be happy either way, to either get Yarran or keep Spanger and McKinely for the next 3 yrs. Spanger has shown some real dash out of defense and some X factor from half back, McKinely shows his class but needs to do it more often. I feel McKinely will not play his best footy in WA, he just seems unsettled there and would be rapt to be playing for a Melbourne based club.

Oh, and both Eagles have shown much more than Yarran has to date (3 seasons longer in the system helps of course). And again I feel the best of Yarran won't be seen playing at a Melbourne club because deep down he'd rather be playing from Perth.

IMO its a pretty fair deal.:thumbsu::rolleyes:

At the end of season interview if Yarran indicated he was ....

What's with these Weagleland supporters? They're so so desperate to get Yarran. Sorry guys, it won't happen. On Spangher, a 4th round pick for 4th round pick swap/upgrade would be reasonable. But would he actually add anything to our list? Waite, Bower, Thornton, Austin and Jamo are all much better. :)

if spangher left west coast i'd cry. thats how highly i rate him.

im pretty confident he'll stay, this sort of stuff pops up every year...

player X is uncontracted, clubs ask player X's manager what the deal is, player X is said to be leaving for sure...then he just ends up signing for 2 years.

until spangher actually says something, im not convinced.

if spangher left west coast i'd cry. thats how highly i rate him.

im pretty confident he'll stay, this sort of stuff pops up every year...

player X is uncontracted, clubs ask player X's manager what the deal is, player X is said to be leaving for sure...then he just ends up signing for 2 years.

until spangher actually says something, im not convinced.

Crying proves nothing. Anthony was howling last night but only to save time after the game next week.

I think on paper we have enough defensive options. But another mobile tall allows us to:

- play Thornton forward next year or develop Austin as a CHF.

- mitgage the risk that O'hailpin won't recover from the problem he's having with the veins in his legs (which has ended two seasons now);

- mitigate the risk that Jamo's shoulder is shot. (It was a groin complaint that end his season, but he wasn't the same player after aggravating his shoulder earlier in the season)

- mitigage the risk that Waite will take several season to regain his best form after the reco

That's good enough for me if he comes at the right price.

If he's able to produce the type of footy we saw from him at the end of the 2009 season I'd be more than happy to have him on board.

Prior to that he seemed a very unconfident type and his game suffered as a result.

In many ways I see him as similar to Bower and Thornton who are not built to play on the big boys. I question as to whether he's the type we need? But then again, there's always the chance that the club could decide to tell Bower to really bulk up over this pre season in a bid to get him playing on the big boys more consistently (and effectively).

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Hypotheticals *MERGED THREADS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back