Mega Thread Trade Period: Lets get that delisted guy. He could be good, yeah?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's just occurred to me that FA is the best way to pay way too much for a player.

We were offering Buddy 1mil or so a season. Even that was pushing a limit, but Sydney blew it out of the water by offering that amount for 9 yeas.

Daisy hasn't played a blinder in 2 years: 700k for four years.
Goddard is earning 800k at Essendon, that would probably make him our highest paid player!
Eddie betts on a rumoured 600k and is really quite pedestrian

God help us when good players like Mundy and co are available and there are a whole bunch of clubs competing for service. (I know Buddy is a better prospect but there but he was focused on Sydney, so the competition was between 2 clubs).

The smart money is getting guys like lake, for a trade under their worth to help the host club avoid the no compo scenario the next year.

It's just occurred to me that FA is the best way to pay way too much for a player.

We were offering Buddy 1mil or so a season. Even that was pushing a limit, but Sydney blew it out of the water by offering that amount for 9 yeas.

Daisy hasn't played a blinder in 2 years: 700k for four years.
Goddard is earning 800k at Essendon, that would probably make him our highest paid player!
Eddie betts on a rumoured 600k and is really quite pedestrian

God help us when good players like Mundy and co are available and there are a whole bunch of clubs competing for service. (I know Buddy is a better prospect but there but he was focused on Sydney, so the competition was between 2 clubs).

The smart money is getting guys like lake, for a trade under their worth to help the host club avoid the no compo scenario the next year.

And this is where FA will really screw the game. We will get to a situation where clubs offer big contracts to get or keep players, only to later realise that it was not worth it. As in American sports, clubs will trade players simply to get rid of a big contract, or to gain a contract about to expire, rather than actually trading for the player and what they will provide. Now that players are seen as simply assets worth x dollars, clubs will start to treat them as such, and one-club players will become rarer.

God help us if the AFL bring in something like a luxury tax, or gives the clubs the ability to waive contracts and pay them outside the cap to get rid of players.

Players you admire most : Joel Selwood / Sam Mitchell
Your a Geelong boy, close family: Yep love to get down to see them when ever I can
Favourite thing away from footy: The Beach

Get Sammy to give him a hug...listen bud you stick with me and I'll make you the best clearance player in the league.....play hide the sausage with him for all I care, whatever it takes........

I don't want Geelong getting there hands on him

Written by a fellow Hawks fan, here's OWAAT's look at Hawthorn's off season.

Age of list, strengths, weaknesses, trade bait, untouchables and some potential moves.

http://www.oneweekatatime.com.au/afl-offseason-hawthorn/

Feedback welcome, just don't hate the messenger ;)

I stopped reading at Trade bait : Jordan Lewis.

I'm a sucker for punishment so I decided to start reading again....those trade suggestions left me with bum ache.

I stopped reading at Trade bait : Jordan Lewis.

I'm a sucker for punishment so I decided to start reading again....those trade suggestions left me with bum ache.

Dip, I'm a little worried about you....
Your last 2 posts...." Play hide the sausage" and then "bum ache"
Were you a boarder or day student at ACK? :oops:

Players you admire most : Joel Selwood / Sam Mitchell
Your a Geelong boy, close family: Yep love to get down to see them when ever I can
Favourite thing away from footy: The Beach

Get Sammy to give him a hug...listen bud you stick with me and I'll make you the best clearance player in the league.....play hide the sausage with him for all I care, whatever it takes........

I don't want Geelong getting there hands on him

Spot on.
Caddy and Adams, Geelong mid field rebuilt.

Channel 7 saying Hampson to Tigers for second round draft pick
Hawks have offered H Shaw massive offer....... WTF?
Longer to Hawks for compensation pick
Shaw is a guy we expose with monotonous regularity when we play Collingwood.

A huge offer for someone with such obvious weaknesses is surely a smokescreen.

Welcome to hawthorn, Scott pendlebury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channel 7 saying Hampson to Tigers for second round draft pick
Hawks have offered H Shaw massive offer....... WTF?
Longer to Hawks for compensation pick

Prolly a front loaded offer to meet the salary minimum. Shaw has his uses, dunno if he can keep his head straight... but should be easier to manage than BUddy. I think he could thrive at Hawthorn, but I do imagine massively front loaded contract.

Also channel 7 said Collingwood only entertaining high first round pick for trading Shaw

High draft pick = they can keep him.

The only club I can see that would go anywhere near him with a top pick is GWS with its pick 9. I don't see Shaw playing out his career at the bottom of the ladder side though

High draft pick = they can keep him.

The only club I can see that would go anywhere near him with a top pick is GWS with its pick 9. I don't see Shaw playing out his career at the bottom of the ladder side though
GWS don't believe he wants to leave Vic, according to 7

Also channel 7 said Collingwood only entertaining high first round pick for trading Shaw

I would be pretty disappointed if anyone gave up something like this for Shaw. It's supposed to be a competition, Collingwood get and are getting enough free kicks from the AFL without the opposition giving them some more. Hope he stays at Collingwood tbh.

The only way I can see to get an Adams or shuey without destroying the team is to trade a player like suckling who we can afford to lose but holds plenty if currency elsewhere for his kicking

I would be pretty disappointed if anyone gave up something like this for Shaw. It's supposed to be a competition, Collingwood get and are getting enough free kicks from the AFL without the opposition giving them some more. Hope he stays at Collingwood tbh.

Staying at Collingwood would be the ultimate kick in the crutch for Buckley. They are at the point of no return.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade Period: Lets get that delisted guy. He could be good, yeah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back