Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagga in the final definitely looked Daicos like….
There are similarities but there are a few major differences that mean Jagga is not on Daicos' level, namely burst acceleration from stoppage directly to goal, power in the hips to shrug tackles, and lace-out kicking penetration. He's nimble without being explosive, doesn't take much ground with ball in hand, his first instinct is lateral, and his kicks just kind of float and aren't long.

He wins the ball and when he gets it a teammate will likely have it next, but they're more likely to be receiving it out wide 80m from goal, whereas Daicos will win the ball in the same spot, arch his back and lace-out a teammate 25 out directly in front.

Maximum damage v safe retention.

Will be good to look at Jagga over the next few weeks in our vfl team.
We will Louie him.
ACL or hamstring off the bone?

Definitely seemed like it had been an emphasis for him to be more attacking by foot.
Shows the boy is clearly coachable and can adapt.

My only concern is his size, I dont care about his height, but a light mid rarely makes it full time.

There are similarities but there are a few major differences that mean Jagga is not on Daicos' level, namely burst acceleration from stoppage directly to goal, power in the hips to shrug tackles, and lace-out kicking penetration. He's nimble without being explosive, doesn't take much ground with ball in hand, his first instinct is lateral, and his kicks just kind of float and aren't long.

He wins the ball and when he gets it a teammate will likely have it next, but they're more likely to be receiving it out wide 80m from goal, whereas Daicos will win the ball in the same spot, arch his back and lace-out a teammate 25 out directly in front.

A mid that retains possession doesnt sound too bad though hey ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to see us passing up Jagga if he performs well for us in the VFL. It's a huge leg up for us to get a look at him behind the scenes that closely. Plus he did preseason with us.

If we do end up selecting him with pick 1 at least we know we couldn't have done any more due diligence on him. Although we still selected Ben Lennon after training with us :$

If we genuinely want Jagga would we not then look the split our pick, as at this stage it seems unlikely he’d go top-4, and certainly not top-2. So wouldn’t we split for let’s say pick-3 and a late first / early second ??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t know how many games of Jagga you have seen, but from the games I’ve watched he has hit some absolute bullet kicks to players 30-40m away, kicks that open the ground/game up. The explosiveness is there, and will grow with dedicated S&C.

He also reads the tap off the ruckmen better than most, so he evades and more often then not finds another player in a better position. The players we have now just get the ball and bomb it long. Jagga almost reads the play before it happens and then usually takes the best option. - sort of makes the forward 50 entries less predictable.

I think after a few VFL games we will know if Jagga is the player for us.

I don’t know how many games of Jagga you have seen, but from the games I’ve watched he has hit some absolute bullet kicks to players 30-40m away, kicks that open the ground/game up. The explosiveness is there, and will grow with dedicated S&C.
Seen plenty, and disagree.

He also reads the tap off the ruckmen better than most, so he evades and more often then not finds another player in a better position.
Agree with most of that. He finds a player, but his tendency to go laterally means he often takes it from the corridor to the wing. At pick 1 I want a bloke who will rip open the game. FOS, Lalor and Draper (and Lombard) do this better than Jagga.

Jagga almost reads the play before it happens and then usually takes the best option. - sort of makes the forward 50 entries less predictable.
He reads the play beautifully. He takes the ball retention option.
I think after a few VFL games we will know if Jagga is the player for us.
I think it won't make a difference.

If we genuinely want Jagga would we not then look the split our pick, as at this stage it seems unlikely he’d go top-4, and certainly not top-2. So wouldn’t we split for let’s say pick-3 and a late first / early second ??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah potentially. ESPN still have him 2nd. No chance Norf take him 1st so could potentially leveridge them for pick 2 and a future 2nd if we let it be known that we'll trade it to the highest bidder.

Yeah potentially. ESPN still have him 2nd. No chance Norf take him 1st so could potentially leveridge them for pick 2 and a future 2nd if we let it be known that we'll trade it to the highest bidder.
Why is there no chance North would take him second? Yeah he's not a positional need, but most clubs just take best available that early unless they've got 100 first round draft picks like GWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back