Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As I have mentioned on the podcast a few times, we absolutely love Jonty Faull. Sam Lalor fast rising and likely one of our selections.

No issues for mine when drafting either but obviously depends where.

In my current rankings I have about 11
Midfielders ahead of Lalor and two KPF ahead of Faull.

Will be interesting to see what type Toce & co. Target.

So I’d say we do rate this draft a bit more than past years based on what we did last year in terms of shifting back to pick up more picks but I also think actually having some early picks means this site is blowing everything way out of proportion in terms of it being worth drafting in thirty eighteen year olds

Have we ever seen 2 teams both trying equally as hard to lose?
we should just rush behinds all day. norf by 100+
player taking the kickout steps back across the goal line. Either a point or freekick to norf, they then kick a goal.
would be quite a spectacle.

If we truly rate this years draft why not trade our future second or first for another pick this year
Future first has to be off limits. Could be pick 1. If there was a dustin martin this year then sure but don't think there is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need all the top 20 picks we can get this year by the sounds of it.

Hopefully it is like the 2017 draft.

That yielded in rough order of value:

18yo's Sam Taylor, Andrew Brayshaw, Naughton, Davies-Uniacke, Allen, Balta, Cerra, Richards, Bailey, Dylan Moore, Higgins, Daniels, Rayner, Powell, Tom DeKoning, Tom McCartin, "Worpedo," Miers, D Fogarty, Petty, Ballard, Starcevich, Xerri, B Miller, Zerk, Meek, Guelfi, H Clark, Amartey amongst others.

Mature agers: T Kelly, Baker, L Ryan, Mihocek, Switkowski.

If Richmond thought it was a similar draft and we got any sort of decent offers for pick 1(if we get that pick) it would be silly not to consider the offers.

In the event we finish bottom, and given we are highly likely to be able to trade our Freo's rd 2 and our and Eagles rds 3 picks for a pick inside the top 20, and also given Graham departs and we get the right pick for him, around 26, we could enter the draft with the following picks:

1, 18, 25, 26.

If we split pick 1 it might be more like 5, 10, 18, 25, 26. In the 2017 draft there were several great players available at every one of those picks.

With our only player loss to achieve that being Jack Graham. If it is a good deep and even draft you should get 1-2 strong mids, and 1-2 strong KPP's from that haul, just what we need.

No issues for mine when drafting either but obviously depends where.

In my current rankings I have about 11
Midfielders ahead of Lalor and two KPF ahead of Faull.

Will be interesting to see what type Toce & co. Target.
What can you share on Faull mate? I cant find much.

How freaky would it be if Richmond went totally left field and accumulated all these draft picks as per rumours
and took 8/9 kids in this years draft under pick 40

The commentators at the draft will be blowing their loads
We have never seen this type of rebuild before , Richmond has totally demolished the draft and something needs to be done
How can a dynasty team be allowed to do this. Purple will choke and have a hear attack
Sheehan will be saying 8 out of the 9 kids will be all Australian

Not to mention Karen Kornes
Richmond are cheating the system
Adam Sandler Yes GIF

Future first has to be off limits. Could be pick 1. If there was a dustin martin this year then sure but don't think there is.
There's a Trent Cotchin though, that's why we don't trade pick 1

Back