Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Think I'm at the point where I'd consider it if it's pick 2 and our boy is gone
The only issue with that is the picks we'd want to trade for might have been traded away already. But in principle, yes. I reckon if FOS is gone I'd rather have picks 5 and 10 than pick 2. Good chance Lombard and Ashcroft would go 2 and 3, or at least in the top 5. I'm not big on Guy Smillie, would rather say Allan and Reid if we can't have FOS.

What can you share on Faull mate? I cant find much.

In my view he’s a traditional KPF with above average ability to quickly read the flight of the ball and react; and above average body work and strong hands. A strong contested mark.

His body type does make me think he can add some muscle without too much worry.

He’s not too bad at ground level either; but I have my doubts whether that will ever become a strength.

My biggest concern watching him is athleticism; and being able to get off the lead quickly. At 195cm; the concern for me is that at AFL level the taller KPBs with elite closing speed will make it hard for him.

Reminds me of Logan Morris (although Faull is a bit taller). Will be interested to see the combine testing results to see if it backs up the eye test.

I have Jobe Shanahan and Harry Armstrong (the latter to be fair was more based on his return against SA) ahead. I’m not as high on the Whitlock twins as others, but they would also be in the discussion too.

Future first has to be off limits. Could be pick 1. If there was a dustin martin this year then sure but don't think there is.
SA kid supposed too be better than this years

In my view he’s a traditional KPF with above average ability to quickly read the flight of the ball and react; and above average body work and strong hands. A strong contested mark.

He’s not too bad at ground level either; but I have my doubts whether that will ever become a strength.

My biggest concern watching him is athleticism; and being able to get off the lead quickly. At 195cm; the concern for me is that at AFL level the taller KPBs with elite closing speed will make it hard for him.

Reminds me of Logan Morris (although Faull is a bit taller). Will be interested to see the combine testing results to see if it backs up the eye test.

I have Jobe Shanahan and Harry Armstrong (the latter to be fair was more based on his return against SA) ahead. I’m not as high on the Whitlock twins as others, but they would also be in the discussion too.
What about Tom Simms?
He's the other one I keep hearing mentioned.

Thanks for the reply mate.

What about Tom Simms?
He's the other one I keep hearing mentioned.

I have him mid-30s in my rankings.

I quite like him, he ticks a lot of the physical boxes. Good size, good leap and fluid mover. He has great hands and similar to CCJ (although more of a fluid athlete) he seems to have a knack for reaching the ball at the highest peak.

I also really like the work rate, and being willing and able to push up the ground to provide an option (not just down the line stuff) for the backs when exiting D50.

Similar to CCJ however, he probably lacks genuine forward craft. He also is limited at ground level in my view. I don’t think that he will ever project as a #1 ruck at AFL level (and isn’t one for Metro) so if he can’t develop that forward nouse he probably projects as a limited #2 option forward.

If he can develop that nouse, he could well be a very dangerous forward.

tigs2010 richoatthedisco finally a mock where we land FOS

Can somebody tell me why getting FOS is so good?

Our problem is short weak midfielders that can’t take a mark or stick a tackle and people want to get another player like that. I don’t get it.

Smillie is the best that’s why north will pick him. 190cm+ strong midfielders are gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our problem is short weak midfielders that can’t take a mark or stick a tackle and people want to get another player like that. I don’t get it.

Smillie is the best that’s why north will pick him. 190cm+ strong midfielders are gold.
FOS is a fantastic mark, much better than Smillie, who is poor overhead. He's also tougher and harder at the ball. Everything about your post is wrong. Give yourself an uppercut.

smille reminds me of will brodie

Best mids in the comp are between 180-187 with the exception of maybe 3-4
FOS is 182 if you look at the height listings but chances are he has probably grown or will 1-2cm and end up around 184cm

I just want a player that can football and has good speed good kick and great footy IQ

Would love a FOS/Lalor double

Surely a taller Logan Morris is just what the doctor ordered for our forward line?

Davo-27 from the drafts board top 51

July 2024 Rankings - Top 51

1. Finn O'Sullivan - Oakleigh (VC) - 182cm
2. Levi Ashcroft - Sandringham (Bris FS) - 179cm
3. Leonardo Lombard - GCS A - 178cm
4. Sid Draper - Sth Adel - 180cm
5. Josh Smillie - Eastern - 194cm
6. Jonty Faull - GWV - 195cm
7. Luke Trainor - Sandringham - 194cm
8. Tobie Travaglia - Bendigo - 187cm
9. Harry O'Farrell - Calder - 196cm
10. Jagga Smith - Oakleigh - 181cm
11. Taj Hotton - Sandringham - 182cm (acl injury)
12. Josh Murphy - Murray - 190cm
13. Tyler Welsh - WWT (Adel FS)- 191cm
14. Christian Moraes - Eastern - 183cm
15. Murphy Reid - Sandringham - 180cm
16. Jack Whitlock - Murray - 200cm
17. Harvey Langford - Dandenong - 190cm
18. Ben Camporeale - Glenlg (Carl FS) - 186cm
19. Sam Marshall - Sandringham (Bris A) - 185cm
20. Sam Lalor - GWV - 187cm
21. Bo Allan - Peel - 191cm
22. Lucas Camporeale - Glenlg (Carl FS) - 185cm
23. Joe Berry - Murray - 180cm
24. Tom Gross - Oakleigh - 181cm
25. Jobe Shanahan - Bendigo (NSW) - 194cm
26. Cooper Hynes - Dandenong - 190cm
27. Phoenix Hargrave - Sth Adel - 182cm
28. Kayle Gerreyn - West Perth - 199cm
29. Thomas Sims - Northern -
30. Matt Whitlock - Murray - 197cm
31. Xavier Lindsay - Gippsland - 183cm
32. Noah Mraz - Dandenong - 198cm
33. Zaydyn Lockwood - Bendigo - 198cm
34. Isaac Kako - Calder (Ess NGA) - 175cm
35. Jesse Dattoli - Northern - 179cm
36. Zak Johnson - Northern - 185cm
37. Patrick Retschko - Oakleigh - 186cm
38. Malakai Champion - Subiaco - 172cm
39. Damon Hollow - Calder - 180cm
40. Lucas McInerney - Northern - 180cm
41. Kade Herbert - WWT - 184cm
42. Lucca Grego - Western - 184cm
43. Doug Kerr - Oakleigh - 192cm (acl injury Coll NGA?)
44. Archer Day-Wicks - Bendigo - 186cm
45. Hugh Boxshall - Clare - 187cm
46. Oliver Depaoli-Kubank - Tas - 178cm
47. Evan Bradley - Nth Adel - 174cm
48. Jacob Newton - Norwood - 178cm
49. Luke Urquhart - East Frem - 190cm
50. Jasper Alger - Oakleigh(VC) -182cm
51. Xavier Ivisic - Geelong - 180cm

I’m a fan of Harry Armstrong, moves really well. Reckon he’d be golden if we could snag him in the second round

I see a tough, clean, elite decision maker who is good overhead & has quality disposal. Strong character too. Love to see him in the yellow & black

Back