Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't if I were West Coast.

If they had to split that pick to get a pick to satisfy us for Baker they may not end up with better than pick 8 or so anyway.

Probably depends whether we can get 1st round picks for our later picks for academy bids whether we would rather 2 mid first rounders or another pointy end pick anyway.

Respectfully u stated,
CANT SEE A MIDFIELD OF STACKED PISSANTS BEING DOMINANT.

THE BEST MIDFIELD/ FORWARDS IN HISTORY ARE MAINLY PISS ANTS.
GARRY WILSON
KEVIN BARTLETT'
ROBERT FLOWER
BOOMER HARVEY
BOB SKILTON
JIM KRAKOUER
ROD ASHMAN
JOHN PLATTEN
WAYNE JOHNSON

THEIR RECORDS WOULD HAVE U SHOOTING BRICKS,SUPER ELITE.
Although he’s a lowlife, Cable as good as any of them.

Richmond's draft picks after round 17

Pick 1
Pick 21
Pick 36 (Tied to Fremantle)
Pick 39
Pick 41 (West Coast)
Pick 54 (Fremantle)
Pick 57
Pick 66 (Collingwood)
Pick 69 (Port Adelaide)

Total draft points 5,769
Picks 36 - 69 - 1,891 (pick 5)
Picks 39 - 69 - 1,389 (pick 11)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would cream if we ended up with pick 1, and somehow ended up with another early 2 first rounders.

The melts are going to be epic in here when we select Smillie with #1.
Reckon there will be more if we pick FOS tbh. Small mid who has barely played will cause a lot of angst.

I'm team FOS currently but won't melt over Smillie. If we go elsewhere then I'll probably be a little disappointed.

The melts are going to be epic in here when we select Smillie with #1.
He’s been a little disappointing. But these guys are judged over multiple years, combine results, leadership qualities etc
And we have no idea if the players carry injuries into the national games .

There’ll be melts regardless of who we take.

Going to be pretty damn hard to pass up a versatile, 6'4, skillful mid with a pentreating kick, clean hands and a good mix of inside and outside play.....

Not sure you can pass that up TBH.
There are 2 more next year. 6'3 & 6'4 🤫 plus Sharp himself is already 6'2

In my opinion, FOS is the best pure and balanced mid in this class. In terms of pure midfield craft, I’d have Smillie probably fourth or fifth in this class.

But it’s all about trying to project an AFL role. The size and skill level of Smillie through the midfield is a rarity, although I’m concerned he doesn’t have that burst of pace that high end mids have.

But that ability to also go forward and be a genuine target is worth a hell of a lot these days with capped rotations. Goal kicking mids are the Golden Ticket in modern footy.

I’d say the ceiling is higher on Smillie over FOS, but the floor is also lower.

In my opinion, FOS is the best pure and balanced mid in this class. In terms of pure midfield craft, I’d have Smillie probably fourth or fifth in this class.

But it’s all about trying to project an AFL role. The size and skill level of Smillie through the midfield is a rarity, although I’m concerned he doesn’t have that burst of pace that high end mids have.

But that ability to also go forward and be a genuine target is worth a hell of a lot these days with capped rotations. Goal kicking mids are the Golden Ticket in modern footy.

I’d say the ceiling is higher on Smillie over FOS, but the floor is also lower.
Agreed. Smillie has a few weaknesses that need development. Can we fix them? No idea. At VM he hasn't been keeping his feet, that should be a relatively easy fix. Can we improve his overhead marking? Then you've got a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back