Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was before they changed the rules 🤦‍♂️

Jaggy Smith trained with us also don’t mean we are getting him
Walker gets a choice between Richmond and Carlton. He's Carlton through and through.

Flagged, spoken about, raised. All the same shit gimmick corporate talk nonsense from the AFL.

When is accountability going to come in? Don’t raise it, put it in place and give clubs 12-18 months to work it out in trades and drafting.

Clubs watch these kids for years, they have to plan the list build two to four years out. How can you bring in a rule months out?

Bullshit by this absolute failure of an organisation.
I had to peel myself off the ceiling until I heard it may benefit us in next 2 seasons ,,,,betchya tho currency for matching will be tight as a drum , no more garbage pics to match at 17

Isn’t his mate Armstrong just as good , we should be sending him a Richmond polo now , hope the lad has a growth spurt , still we’ve had some good 175 players ,,,premiership players
He's not Walker good from what I've read. We've got Leys kid that draft too.

Completely agree with splitting the pick (as much as I like Smillie at #1), the only issue is how we actually get it done. It’s gonna take the Suns or Freo to be so keen on a particular player at the top that they feel the need to have to take him at #1 before anyone else can nab him. Not as easy as it looks to get the deal done. Every team in the comp will be offering deals for the Suns top picks as well.

Completely agree with splitting the pick (as much as I like Smillie at #1), the only issue is how we actually get it done. It’s gonna take the Suns or Freo to be so keen on a particular player at the top that they feel the need to have to take him at #1 before anyone else can nab him. Not as easy as it looks to get the deal done. Every team in the comp will be offering deals for the Suns top picks as well.

Suns would definitely go for it. They get in front of the Lombard bid, get a player they need (hearing they love Trainor) and that way, they can get Lombard for pittance of later picks. They don’t need a huge amount of kids to add to the squad, but getting two A grader kids is ideal for them.

We won’t do it for 7&8 though. We would need a top 4 pick coming back our way.

Rioli and a swag of later picks for 7 & 8 does interest me though.

That way Suns get Rioli and Lombard.

Going to be an interesting trade period.

Suns would definitely go for it. They get in front of the Lombard bid, get a player they need (hearing they love Trainor) and that way, they can get Lombard for pittance of later picks. They don’t need a huge amount of kids to add to the squad, but getting two A grader kids is ideal for them.

Yeah if we were to do the deal with the suns which is ideal, I could see the trade being pretty complicated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. I only said I'd do it if you could guarantee Twomey's order lol.

Cal Twomey's Phantom Form Guide: Top draft prospects' July ranking - https://www.afl.com.au/news/1173505
Looking at that if we play our cards right we could conceivably end up with Smillie/FOS/Smith, Lalor, Armstrong and Faull at the cost of Rioli.

Omg GIF by WE tv

Potentially. It's easy to blow this sort of thing up. But if done right we could have a GWS/GC list based on a really solid core and without the cultural issues. That would be amazing. But a high risk high reward strategy.

ooze's comments indicate he wouldn't be against it.

The difference being is we already have a lot of the role type players and grunt players in a good age group to complement that level of quality.

GCS/GWS struggled with this for their first 5-6 years and had too much top end talent all playing one way footy for themselves

Looking at that if we play our cards right we could conceivably end up with Smillie/FOS/Smith, Lalor, Armstrong and Faull at the cost of Rioli.

Omg GIF by WE tv
Has any club ever done a full rebuild with elite talent in 1 draft? Imagine 🤣 🤣 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back