Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what exactly do you think he should say, given he’s also a staffer at the club? That he’s no good and killed our season. They will all toe the party line until they review all club operations at the end of the season and make decisions for the future from there
Was a bit of tongue in cheek mate.
Im sure you’ve noticed the “all part of the plan” joke that’s been ongoing all year from tigs2010
1721862024806.gif

Of course he’s going to support and back in his fellow staff member. Would be pretty dog act to say any different. He was professional and diligent as expected

Last edited:
Unless Dimma is a secret double agent surely there's no way in hell they give up 2 picks that high for a 28 year old hbf.
They’ll get Lombard and a couple of other academy kids. Just need the points which they can accumulate from latter picks ( pretty sure the rule hasn’t changed).
They might give up both early picks for a gun like Rioli ( with some latter picks going back their way)

Shai will still have top 10 value in 3-4 years Rioli wont

Makes the most sense to trade rioli whilst the market is there with GC holding the picks they do
You think Shai gets us a top 10 pick when he's 29?

Regardless, I would be disappointed if we werent back in the finals by then and Shai dominating for us.

Unless Dimma is a secret double agent surely there's no way in hell they give up 2 picks that high for a 28 year old hbf.
Agree, unless we could convince them to do Rioli plus a teens pick for baker for their top 10 picks. I still dont see it happneing myself, I cant imagine them over paying that much for Rioli.

Weird that people post gifs of the American version of The Office when the original is much better

View attachment 2058009
secret smell GIF

First real look at Draper. My lord. He’s got so much class and poise. Evasive. Clean. Superb hands. Gets out of a contest really well. He might be the man
Could well be for sure👍 But still plenty left in this season for other kids to prove their worth, especially those that have missed a lot of footy this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideal, but I can't see them going for it. Their list is horrific.
Reckon they need him to jump in to contention so may pay overs. Quality ball user off half back, free up Powell to the midfield who may actually hit a target inside 50 - it’s the only thing they’re missing. Rowell, anderson, Flanders and even Miller are butchers. Love him but time to capitalise and get a win/win for both clubs

If we get pick 1 its very unlikely we will use it.

Both Brisbane (Ashcroft) and Gold Coast (Lombard) will be desperate to get in front of a bid for them so will be happy to pay overs for pick 1.

Its likely it will split into x2 top 10 picks and potentially a pick around 20 also.

If we end up with pick 2 or 3 the chances of getting this type of trade up is much reduced as GC and Brisbane can't be sure their players won't be bid on at no.1.

If we want 2 of Smith, Reid, Langford or Lalor without having to give up Rioli or Bolton then its critical we get pick 1.

It’s all relative and depends on the depth. If there is genuinely 7-8 x players with claims on #1 as there seems to be at the moment, then wouldn’t 7 and 10 be much better than #1?

For example Rowell was a clear #1. That same draft Freo got Young and Serong at 7 and 8. Imagine Freo had #1 and traded it for 7 and 8? Genius move as Serong and Young are arguably both superior to Rowell … and Rowell was a clear #1!

There’s an easy way to analyse this. Right this very second with all we know, who would you choose?

1. Josh Smilie (touted 1)

Or

2. Jagga Smith (6) and Armstrong (14)

Or

3. Luke Trainor (7) and Sid Draper (9)

People get too caught up in the romance of pick #1.

Right this second are you taking Smilie alone, or option 2 or 3? As that’s the reality of the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You’re not getting Draper with 9

Next 2 games only.
To expand on this: There is a 23rd man rule in the VFL. Players aged 19 years old or younger that have played fewer than 3 senior level VFL games can be added to a match day VFL roster as the 23rd man... essentially giving the VFL team 5 on the bench.

So once Jagga has played 3 VFL games that's his lot for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back