Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original is not always the best!
agreed this will have them all beat

If we get pick 1 its very unlikely we will use it.

Both Brisbane (Ashcroft) and Gold Coast (Lombard) will be desperate to get in front of a bid for them so will be happy to pay overs for pick 1.

Its likely it will split into x2 top 10 picks and potentially a pick around 20 also.

If we end up with pick 2 or 3 the chances of getting this type of trade up is much reduced as GC and Brisbane can't be sure their players won't be bid on at no.1.

If we want 2 of Smith, Reid, Langford or Lalor without having to give up Rioli or Bolton then its critical we get pick 1.
Please outline how in hell Brisbane or GC could acquire the nbr 1 pick to get in front of bids for Ashcroft or Lombard. GC a slight chance but pick 7 is a bit late for us.

Jagga Smith's full highlights from an excellent Champs run in which he must have finished a very close second to Murphy Reid for Metro MVP. Jagga entered the 2024 season already highly regarded and has only solidified his sterling reputation to the point that he's now firmly in the pick 1 conversation.

Please outline how in hell Brisbane or GC could acquire the nbr 1 pick to get in front of bids for Ashcroft or Lombard. GC a slight chance but pick 7 is a bit late for us.
It’s pretty simple for GC - they have the draft capital now.
Brisbane trade Neale back to WA for x2 Docker picks and then they have the capital also.
Not hard

Jagga Smith's full highlights from an excellent Champs run in which he must have finished a very close second to Murphy Reid for Metro MVP. Jagga entered the 2024 season already highly regarded and has only solidified his sterling reputation to the point that he's now firmly in the pick 1 conversation.

His ability to get first possession and feed the ball out through traffic to find open team mates is unparalleled in this draft.

His ability to get first possession and feed the ball out through traffic to find open team mates is unparalleled in this draft.
I'd love to see a stat for assisted metres gained. His MG is poor but he releases guys beautifully.

What's the discrepancy (if any) between the SANFL to the VFL and the Coates league?

I'd love to see a stat for assisted metres gained. His MG is poor but he releases guys beautifully.
His main method seems to be to win the ball in dispute and then get it to the safety of a free team mate as quickly as possible. He's the type of player that will make the others around him look good, rather than be super flashy himself.

In saying that, there must have been some sort of directive to move the ball forward more aggressively in the champs final, because he played a different sort of game.

His main method seems to be to win the ball in dispute and then get it to the safety of a free team mate as quickly as possible. He's the type of player that will make the others around him look good, rather than be super flashy himself.

In saying that, there must have been some sort of directive to move the ball forward more aggressively in the champs final, because he played a different sort of game.

Showed he can do both.

In the Coates league his team sucks so he may feel he has to win it and feed it as no one else will.

Champs with better players he could rely on second or third chains and use his other skill set.

With Taranto and Hopper it could be he converts to the Champs version.

Showed he can do both.

In the Coates league his team sucks so he may feel he has to win it and feed it as no one else will.

Champs with better players he could rely on second or third chains and use his other skill set.

With Taranto and Hopper it could be he converts to the Champs version.
Even if the club were concerned about him not being a metres gained player, I'm guessing it would be one of the easiest things to coach.

Would probably just be a case of getting him to be more comfortable with not having to hit a free player all the time.

might go into hibernation for 4 months
spring bears GIF

It’s pretty simple for GC - they have the draft capital now.
Brisbane trade Neale back to WA for x2 Docker picks and then they have the capital also.
Not hard
GC first pick is not low enough. Pick 7.
Absolute garbage, the Neale trade would be pick 6+. Too late. I doubt any offer with a pick beyond 3 to 4 for nbr 1 would not be entertained.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1721876909713.png
If I were Gold Coast, I'd be using 7 & 10 + Sweeteners to get pick 1 or 2, to use on whoever.
Then, I'd be "hiding" picks 20 & 27 by trading them to Richmond for future 3rd and some junk points.
Lombard bid - matched with 37, 49, 72, + whatever combination of 39, 41, 53, 57, 63, 69 they get from us.
Then, they can't trade back their original 20 & 27, so they trade 21 & 34 from us for their future second.

Instead of Lombard (matching with #7), 10, 20, 27 + shit....
they get:
Pick 1~2, Lombard, 21, 34 and a downgrade of next years 2nd rounder to a 3rd rounder

We get slight upgrades:
21--> 20
34 --> 27
future 3rd --> GC future 2nd
and give away a lot of later picks.

win-win but probably sweeter for them so could involve a better future upgrade for us instead
Not sure what initial sweetener they would need to get pick 1 or 2 in the first place. I wouldn't trade pick 1 or 2 for just 7 & 10 this year.

feels like a faster chimp

GC first pick is not low enough. Pick 7.
Absolute garbage, the Neale trade would be pick 6+. Too late. I doubt any offer with a pick beyond 3 to 4 for nbr 1 would not be entertained.
Too late for what exactly Nostradamus? Know the draft order already do you?

It depends who we are after. Maybe we value the kid at pick 6 & 7 in this draft the same as the kid at pick 1!

agreed this will have them all beat

Wow, i can’t see this being good
They will butcher the **** out of it for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back