Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've hinted at this a couple of times. Do you think it’s a possibility Balta is traded?
No I've said him leaving would be a big set back. I think he's the only one we need to sign up long term.

Teams will come hard for him next year as a FA.

Cal Twomey suggested we could trade Baker and Bolton to Fremantle for picks 6, 12, 15, and then Dan Rioli to Gold Coast for picks 7 and 10 (we'd likely have to give a sweetener back the other way).

How would people feel about this? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Rocking up to the draft with 1, 6, 7, 10, 12, 15 plus possibly a couple of second rounders, that's a crazy start to a rebuild.
That's cutting too deep, but if we did that, the bounty of later picks we have incl our 2 seconds should be traded for future picks.

Walsh is fine size for a mid. Just saw him in 18's and he was very similar to Jagga.
Given Jaggas agility and quickness not sure we'd want him to add too much size moving forward.

Walsh is fine size for a mid. Just saw him in 18's and he was very similar to Jagga.
They have a lot of similarities, but Walsh wasn't as much of a stoppage extractor as Jagga has been as a junior. The smaller size might have more of an impact on that side of Jagga's game at AFL level, although I expect he'll be fine.

Also because everyone thinks we did badly this year due to injuries, but actually we just suck. So we'll end up trading out next year's first rounder and won't get full-value because it'll be earlier than everyone is expecting.
Judson ClarkeACLSeason
Mate ColinaBackTBC
Liam FawcettBack2-3 weeks
Josh GibcusACLSeason
Jack GrahamHip1 week
Campbell GrayHamstring5-6 weeks
Dylan GrimesBackSeason
Oliver Hayes-BrownConcussion1 week
Mykelti LefauACLSeason
Tom LynchHamstring2-3 weeks
Dustin MartinBackTest
Sam NaismithACLSeason
Toby NankervisConcussion1 week
Marlion PickettCalfTest
Maurice Rioli jnrAnkleTest
Jack RossFoot2 weeks
Nick VlastuinBackTest
Tylar YoungACLSeason
Josh Gibcus Dylan Grimes Tylar Young
Nick Vlastuin Campbell Gray
Jack Ross Jack Graham Marlion Pickett
Dustin Martin Tom Lynch Mykelti Lefau
Liam Fawcett Maurice Rioli jnr Judson Clarke

Toby Nankervis Oliver Hayes-Brown
Mate Colina Sam Naismith

18 ****ing injuries!!! We did beat Sydney with a relatively fit list.

With the ACLs , season 2025 is partially ruined too.

Lynch for 4 games for a 2nd year has really killed us. midseason picks can't get on the park.

Just waiting for Jagga to injure himself now.

Hope like hell Louie is replaced.

Last edited:
Very skilled too albeit prone to a lazy kick or 2. Should be in line for our 2nd rounder. Looks a huge upgrade on Ryan

Ryan got smashed by the sandy ruck and pulled to the bench. Then they had to talk him up as they needed him or someone his height to play afl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jagga smith = Tom Scully.

as much as I don't rate them currently I don't mind the Tsatas / Phillips talk, these are exactly the types we should be targeting imo.

as in, talented juniors with clear weaknesses which may or may not be remediated longer term, but it's worth a shot trying as they'd come cheap and the upside is huge.

having said that, Tsatas' kicking is a real worry. Think I'd prefer Phillips for peanuts especially if Graham leaves.

Come draft night there will be some bargains into the 30’s and you’d wish to hell you hadn’t traded out a pick to waste on these two.

Scully could play.

elite runner. record holder for distances run in a game.

Smith would be good next to Prestia, Hopper and Taranto. We need 2 gun kids in our midfield, either this draft or next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless Dimma is a secret double agent surely there's no way in hell they give up 2 picks that high for a 28 year old hbf.
They will.
If they don't make finals
or
Out week 1.
Having said that.
There is a rumour Quaynor is unhappy @ the Pies so Suns may go after him instead.

That's a terrible comparison. Scully was an endurance freak, not an inside extractor.

Smillie not playing this week. Would have been up against Langford which is a shame.

Outside of Langford & Hynes, Greeves (2025) back for Eastern. He's probably top 3 with Sharp & Ludowyke at this way too early point.

Hibbins-Hargraves averaging 14 & 2 goals a game as a bottom ager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back