Rumour Trade rumour/innuendo/fact/fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this on e-mail don't know the guy who originally sent it so could be utter crap but take it for what it is worth....

Richard Tambling to the Cats as a direct swap for Tom Hawkins

Can't see it happening and tbh cannot see Geelong trading Hawkins.

Half the bloody grammar errors in these posts come from iPhone autocorrect. The thing is a nightmare, and it refuses to learn the words he'll and shut (shit). Prudish Americans!

DT info is interesting, but how often do you talk with your source haha? Sounds like it's every 30 minutes.

Interesting to see what happens with Tambling. I'd hate to see himmleave but I'd also choke with rage if he ended up at the blues. Especially seeing as they'd win that trade, and I don't want Carltank to win anything.

Just got this on e-mail don't know the guy who originally sent it so could be utter crap but take it for what it is worth....

Words struggle to describe what a spud this kid is. Also manages to match big Gus in the "I have this utterly blank look on my face" department. Struggles immensely in a good team, why would we want him when we could have someone like a Dowler for free who has more potential and if we trade Tambling, get something useful.

Please no.

hmmmm, dont know about anyone else, but I have never seen a team in the position the cats were and basically are in, start unravelling as fast as they are, on the back of a prelim loss. Top gun on the way out, ruckmen disgruntled for being left out, HBs disgruntled and a coach who "is burnt out". I mean, burnt out? Bomba, how do you get burnt out watching the team you coach win a trillion games by a million points for the last 4 years? Come on man, get real FFS and quit with the "i just want to be friends" line. ;)

I am very much a newbie on this sight, however have enjoyed reading all the posts given this is a rumour / innendo / fact / fiction. If everything was fact no-one would like watching movies, we would all be constantly glued to the history channel.

Would hate to see Hawkins at the Tigers, would more of a hinderance than a help for our set up.

Cheers,

I am very much a newbie on this sight, however have enjoyed reading all the posts given this is a rumour / innendo / fact / fiction. If everything was fact no-one would like watching movies, we would all be constantly glued to the history channel.

Would hate to see Hawkins at the Tigers, would more of a hinderance than a help for our set up.

Cheers,

Welcome CD:thumbsu:

Just agree wholeheartedly with what I post and you should fit in nicely.

like i said before Tambling will be used by us to get the best posible pick or player available, but i can assure everybody what is gospel is we are doing everything we can to secure 1 maybe 2 top 20 picks plus keep our pick 6 unless upgraded, i think i'm the only one that has suggested that and posted it a couple of weeks ago, what will the doubters say be if it comes off.

The top victorian sides that finished in the 8 have all enquired about Tambling ( with pies being the acception) which i have posted before, but we would like a pick in the top 20 or a player that ticks all the boxes, some of these sides will have to upgrade there picks, even Sydney might be prepared to as well. The Saints have enquired and can only offer there pick with a player, but i cant confirm that, i will if looks like its going to go down that track, The Dogs have the best pawns and i will bet its out of the Dogs and Carlton as to where he goes.

Houli wants a chance from Hird....
He'll get it. Hird rates him. Cross him off the list.

like i said before Tambling will be used by us to get the best posible pick or player available...

its out of the Dogs and Carlton as to where he goes.
So he's definitely going? Provided we get a deal we're happy with?

Hawkins? God! Vickery is tougher than him and that's saying something.
I will be physically ill if we take him on.
As far as Houli goes. Good. Let him stay. Was never keen on him in the first place.

BTW this is carl-scum news but they all but tied up McKinley today. Just the paperwork to go though. Not sure what the deal is just that its been done so dont know if it will affect other trades we are involved too much as I assume it will be a cheap draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll get it. Hird rates him. Cross him off the list.

So he's definitely going? Provided we get a deal we're happy with?
yes

yes you are on the money, he has signed a 2 year deal, so we still have a year after this to trade him again.

on Houli i still beleive, its my opinion that he will upto us through the PSD.

personally

would love hawkins for tambling

he would be a tremendous foil for jr8. Would be a handy back up ruckman too.

just my opinion

personally

would love hawkins for tambling

he would be a tremendous foil for jr8. Would be a handy back up ruckman too.

just my opinion
It would be ruck or nothing for Tomahawk. Has shown nothing as a forward, but has shown he can be competitive in the ruck.
Still, I don't want him.

I can't see the Cats trading Hawkins tbh.

- Mooney on the way out
- Otto on the way out
- Pods 29
-Blake not happy
-Trent West could be traded
- young Brown unproven and a history of injury

They don't exactly have a plethora of up and coming key forwards and rucks so should be keen to keep Hawkins. The also probably don't want two/three father sons walking out on the club in one year.

It would be ruck or nothing for Tomahawk. Has shown nothing as a forward, but has shown he can be competitive in the ruck.
Still, I don't want him.

He's shown a lot more as a forward than he ever has as a ruckman. He was an absolute failure in the ruck.

DT just wondering if you can confirm if these are all the deals we are involved in:

- Tambling to be traded out
- Thursfield to be traded out.
- Nahas to be traded out.
- Sherman to be traded in.
- Houli to be trade in(despite todays article on AFL site)
- McGuane possibly traded out if right deal can be arranged.

I dont know what DT has done to earn the lack of respect he gets from this forum, especially from the mods. Its a rumour thread and he is posting rumours. As far as I am concerned DT you are doing a great job and keep the info coming, all of which from where I sit, and from what I hear, is very very plausible indeed.

Well said :thumbsu:

A lot of hate for Hawkins here, but would not be surprised if he really blooms over the next 24 months. Will help his development so much if they can offload Mooney or Pods. Needs to shake off the injury concerns he has had, if he can do that he will thrive IMO. Cats would be mad to get rid of him now.

I dunno if I have I have heard wrong but doesn't Hawkins have a hot spot in his foot which can pretty much go at anytime and pretty much end his career?

If so, why would we want him?

Id rather we try and get a pick in the late teens and hope that someone like Luke Mitchell is still there. He's going to be a fine player IMHO. A true CHF type. Has enough mobility, agility and speed of the mark, can kick a goal and has some presence about him. Id prefer this outcome than getting Hawkins.

i would think the bulldogs are in the front running for sherman, mainly due to the fact they have stated many times they are after someone in the 21-23 age bracket!
i really believe he would be a great player for us, as we are short of goal kicking midfielders. cotchin, foley, deledio (now half-back), jackson and martin (early days) arent well known for kicking goals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back