Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'keefe for pick 16 + one of Boyle/Dowler seems seems fair

Why would Hawthorn give us a 1st round pick & a player, when at this stage the 1st round pick on its own would appear to be better than any other offer we have received?

PS I admit Hawthorn giving up a player would free up salary cap space, but why not trade that player elsewhere, rather than send it to us for basically nothing in return.

16 is better then nothing so i'd personally take it. Apparently tho swans want a player aswell because O'keefe is worth top 10

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505894

927's Trade wrap
Unlike SEN, Sport 927 is pretty reliable when it come to this sort of stuff. This was the wrap from this morning nothing really groundbreaking, but thats what happens when you stick to facts.

Hawthorn – Want O’Keefe desperately but pick 16 won’t be enough may throw in Tim Boyle to sweeten the deal; Deal should be done by today or tomorrow. Beau Dowler, Mitch Thorp and Simon Taylor have also been asked about and are on the table for the right price.

Essendon – Offering Lovett to anyone who will listen, asking for any pick from 15 – 24. Also very interested in Prismall from Geelong which seems like the likely destination for Lovett.

Sydney – Want to get the O’Keefe deal over and done with so they can focus their attention elsewhere, apparently want to trade the pick they receive for O’keefe for a key forward.
"...apparently want to trade the pick they receive for O’keefe for a key forward."

:confused:

Why would Hawthorn give us a 1st round pick & a player, when at this stage the 1st round pick on its own would appear to be better than any other offer we have received?

PS I admit Hawthorn giving up a player would free up salary cap space, but why not trade that player elsewhere, rather than send it to us for basically nothing in return.

they don't need anyone from the draft... they have one of the youngest lists in the competition

and pick 16... isn't all that great anyway

as for the unwanted players... they face being kept in the side and not getting any game time, or being delisted or traded

and they're not trading the players for nothing... they are using players to sweeten the deal on rok

The key is most probably the O' Keefe deal. Lovett for Pick 16 could be the deal once you get it off Hawthorn. With Prismall entering calculations now Lovett could be involved in some deal with Geelong.

Easiest deal is Lovett + 23 for Pick 12 so let's get that done:thumbsu:

The key is most probably the O' Keefe deal. Lovett for Pick 16 could be the deal once you get it off Hawthorn. With Prismall entering calculations now Lovett could be involved in some deal with Geelong.

Easiest deal is Lovett + 23 for Pick 12 so let's get that done:thumbsu:
You're forgetting Sheedy is gone, you won't be able to pull off those Jedi mind tricks anymore. No way you're getting pick 12 for Lovett + 23.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Essendon have put a pick 15-25 range value on his wife beating head you know they'll accept somewhere around 30-35 if they have to.

I agree, but Roosy seems really keen on Lovett, and there's no way Essendon will accept #30. So unless we can stump up someone for a 20ish pick, I think 16 will have to do. Maybe they could sweeten the deal somehow.

Madness does not prevail..

I like :)

We're almost certain to go after another pacy outside mid though.. Who d'you reckon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back