Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our youth policy is going along fine. It was implemented this year and perhaps due to a large injury list, hence poor performances, you find the need to ridicule it. Names like Gumbleton, Myers, Reimers etc will be household names soon enough. The plethora of young talent we have will be added to in this one last uncompromised draft. In a way I am pleased to get one final crack before our inevitable climb up the ladder.

Still building for that 2020 premiership? Good luck. :thumbsu:

Our youth policy is going along fine. It was implemented this year and perhaps due to a large injury list, hence poor performances, you find the need to ridicule it. Names like Gumbleton, Myers, Reimers etc will be household names soon enough. The plethora of young talent we have will be added to in this one last uncompromised draft. In a way I am pleased to get one final crack before our inevitable climb up the ladder.

Those players are no better than Moore, Jack, Vez or Malceski and we've stayed in the 8 while blooding them. Next year I'll be able to add Thornton and Currie to that list. Bookmark it!

Re: Pick + Hawks Player for ROK

This was posted by another Swans member.

Clarkson has spoken at a function, to his corporate sponsors DWS

Hawks NOT going to offer pick 16, nor going to pay ROK anything like what he gets in Sydney

They value Thorp more then Young? I thought Young was a very good young player.

Young is loved by hawthorn and clarko and wont be going anywere, i know the hawks and every hawks supporter rate thorp highly but i,m getting frustrated with him he has only played 1 senior game in 07 he looked good but havent seen him since..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cant be bothered reading all the pages but on sen they reckon
sydney - green
hawks - okeefe
melb - pick 16

probably bullshit but id rather a straight swap for pick 16 if it were possible.

and i dont want sydney going near any player in the draft period. wouldnt mind lovett but only if we can get another 2nd round pick for a trade or straight swap.

green, what a joke. can sydney just wake the **** and realise they arnt going to win premierships in the next 5 years. its reality.
hawks, geelong, essendon, carlton will be there abouts. and wc richmond are smokies.

cant be bothered reading all the pages but on sen they reckon
sydney - green
hawks - okeefe
melb - pick 16

probably bullshit but id rather a straight swap for pick 16 if it were possible.

and i dont want sydney going near any player in the draft period. wouldnt mind lovett but only if we can get another 2nd round pick for a trade or straight swap.

green, what a joke. can sydney just wake the **** and realise they arnt going to win premierships in the next 5 years. its reality.
hawks, geelong, essendon, carlton will be there abouts. and wc richmond are smokies.

Two of the biggest names touted as potential AFL trade options - Collingwood's Alan Didak and Melbourne's Brad Green - seem set to stay with their current clubs

And Melbourne were confident 27-year-old Green, who is in the club's leadership group and was third in their best and fairest this season, would sign a new deal, despite considering his options.

Demons football manager Chris Connolly said Green met with coach Dean Bailey yesterday and the club believed he was close to agreeing to terms.
Hawthorn and Sydney inquired about Green today, but were told there was little chance of him leaving.

"We're confident that we can re-sign him," Connolly said.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/green-didak-set-to-stay-put/2008/10/06/1223145256449.html

Andrew Lovett's ability to find a new home became more complicated last night after Sydney, which had publicly declared its interest in recruiting him, withdrew from the chase

Sydney said it was a combination of the money Lovett wanted and the trade price Essendon required that ruled it out of the trade.
"We could not come to terms with Andrew Lovett's management and we couldn't agree to a deal with Essendon either, so that one is not in play any more," Swans recruiting manager Stuart Maxfield said.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/shane-shane-come-back/2008/10/07/1223145357246.html

I don't know why clubs deal with Hawthorn anymore, they just drag things out longer than they need to.

I don't know why clubs deal with Hawthorn anymore, they just drag things out longer than they need to.

I feel they overvalue their players but in return don't share the same value when trying to acquire a player from a opposition club.

The Everitt saga was because they wanted a first rounder for a 32yo ruckman who's best was behind him, in the last 5minutes they settled for pick 33.

I feel the ROK trade will go in similar fashion a last minute deal.

Yep, nothing happens til Friday anyway.

yes and no. i dont think it could be done in a day or even 2. a week seems about the right time. its just that as fans it is incredibly frustrating, because we want to see something happen.

the reason it has to be a week is because drafting/trading is such an exact science these days and such an important part of the AFL.

every time a club is offered or makes an offer, they have to go back and see whether they can get a better deal somewhere else PLUS they need to check how that trade is going to affect the draft.

i guarantee you that every club has a phantom draft (not unlike the one on bigfooty - but with the major difference of being well-researched!), so that they can try and get an idea of what people will be using with their picks.

so if carlton gets o'keefe for instance, sydney then need to calculate what carlton are going to go for in the draft and if that means that carlton will steal a player from the swans in the draft (if they have a higher pick).

alot of the pick swapping business is just to get in front of another club that is going to pick the same player as you.

(ie a swap from 12 to 10 can be incredibly influential if it means you pick up a buddy franklin before another club looking for a KPP.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back