Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wayde Mills

Plus don't forget we have Mike Pyke arriving for next season. Not saying he's going to play seniors in 2009, but we will have another big guy in the 104-200cm range who could possibly play in the ruck or up forward.

I hope he's at the upper end of that range Hooley! LOL

Re: Swans chasing White, Didak and Kerr

I doubt he'd let our first rounder go for White, and he's the most likely of the three to even WANT to come to Sydney.

I'm not sure why that would be the case S_M. Didak and Kerr have said nothing about where they want to go, even if they really want to leave their current clubs at all. It would seem to me that both of them would benefit from being outside of the goldfish bowls of Perth and Melbourne (and even Adelaide for Didak). From that perspective Sydney would be a good place to be and that must be quite attractive to these guys in particular.

Seems to me that White will just go to anyone who wants to give him a game.

Where's the rumour Grimlock?

In the news article...

Kerr would most likely want to go to Melbourne though, it seems, and Didak seems to want to stay at Collingwood - I thought there'd been some mention of how he was desperately trying to work out a deal.

You would hope that the club is looking at Didak and Kerr. Much as I dislike them in an opposition jumper I would love them in the red and white. As for White, if there is nobody else available and they think Currie needs more time, well why not?

The only one I see us as having to give up our first-rounder would be Kerr, if Collingwood don't want Didak, and Melbourne don't want White, surely we could trade them a player and late draft pick?

You would hope that the club is looking at Didak and Kerr. Much as I dislike them in an opposition jumper I would love them in the red and white. As for White, if there is nobody else available and they think Currie needs more time, well why not?

Agree completely, PSD for White though you would hope.

we can't afford kerr

didak we'll be costly (rather invest in youth)

white is a lemon

so... **** no! :thumbsdown:

The last time White's name came up it was met with an unequivocal 'hell no!', and I see no reason why that should change. No washed-up ruckmen please!

On Offsiders this morning on ABC1 they reckoned both Didak and Shaw would be at the 'Pies next year. So Collingwood are likely to play hard-ball with any trade involving Didak. Kerr would have the most to offer us of the three, but given what he's likely to cost us, the club should think pretty carefully about giving up a first-round draft pick before the Gold Coast comes in.

Well it's a very strange article. All of the direct assertions ("Kerr is the missing ingredient", "White is considered the perfect short-term option", etc) are all made by the journo Morrissey. It quotes Roos extensively, yet his best direct reference to a "required midfielder" is still oblique at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do all football misfits get connected directly to us?

Kerr and Didak we may look at, as Kerr especially is just what we need in the midfield (minus the aggro, we already have Baz). White I'm unsure about. I thought Currie had enough development time for us to put him in for some games with LRT backing him up while he rotates to the forward line as a marking target (he's a great kick for goal), but if not, by all means get White through the PSD to see out his latter years at the club -- where've we heard this before? :rolleyes:

Why do all football misfits get connected directly to us?

It's funny huh? Maybe after this year, with some small trip-ups by Davis and Hall, we'll begin to lose our reputation as a treatment facility for the behaviourally challenged.

We need White - Currie would probably get slaughtered if he played next year - let Spida stick around as ruck coach and bring the kid on a bit more; ruckmen take longer to develop. I would projectile vomit if we took Didak or Kerr.

I don't think Didak is a possibility. I would love to see Kerr in a Swans jumper, but I don't think we have anywhere near enough to offer to get him (it's going to take more than cast offs like Buchanan or Luke Ablett - let's get serious). White I would be okay with, as long as it's just for a year or two and we don't give up anything of value.

pfft...terrible players to be going after

imagine didak meating up with Willie Mason at the cross :eek:

A month ago, Didak and possibly Heath Shaw were both gone at C'wood, but I get the feeling they'll get a reprieve.
Kerr wants to go to Carlton or Collingwood, but I can imagine if a deal was worked out, he would come to Sydney. But it's unlikely.
I just don't think White's got much value. He's lost a lot of his athleticism, and I don't see why we don't just throw Currie into the seniors next preseason, and hopefully just let him develop in seniors all season.
I know he's going to be raw but why waste anything trying to deal for White as a back-up to Jolly when we should just use Currie (or any of our young ruck types).

There's a suggestion today that Brad Fisher might be available from Carlton, and Tim Boyle at Hawthorn remains another possible forward target.

I cant believe were considering White! Its true, we HAVE heard this story before...

We need a 2nd ruckman, but whyyy do we continuously go for the worn out ones with few years left in them, taken from clubs who dont want them anyway but pretend they do so we end up paying to much in the way of draft picks/current players for them?

Kerr would be good, but in the end i think its the media suggesting clubs they think he should go to, with absolutley nothing to back up their claims!
In reality, I dont think we were ever a consideration for him

We do need another ruckman with Everitt going. Having Jolly, Currie and Orreal as the only recognised ruckmen with perhaps LRT and Jesse White as options could be risky Whether it should be White or not is debatable. I would only accept him if he came via the pre-season draft and would be ready to play second or even third fiddle.

Agreed...i dont think LRT was ever a viable option as far as ruckmen go
To me he was only ever considered an "if we have to..." ruckman

We would be hard pressed to bring out Currie as AFL ready, because i dont think he is...I mean, hes close, just not as close as round 1 09

And as for White...to me he seemed stunned by the whole concept of seniors AFL and didnt have much impact on the game, which is to be expected for his debut + 2nd ever AFL game, but im not sure if he could develop as a ruckman to the extent to which we need

I smell media BS! ....of Fev proportions!:thumbsdown:

The only way possible would be if ROK wanted to go to Collingwood or WCE! We could not get high enough pick/trade otherwise and would have to lose other players ! Both are contracted won't come cheap!!!

Not enough room in cap yet.. for Kerr either !!!

White... goodesness!!! help me:( .. he wanted to go home to Vic and then even Melbourne delisted! Waste of a potential last round surprise or rookie. Put LRT in 2nd ruck again if we are that desperate!

Currie close to BOG in a combined ressies finals series!?

I think LRT is quite effective as a "defensive ruckman" (my own term, feel free to bag it ;)). He's not going to dominate the contests but from my observations, can nullify the effectiveness of opposition ruckmen. Doesn't really show up on the stats.

Our record with recruiting ruckmen from other clubs has been hit and miss.
- Jolly. TICK
- Chambers. BIG CROSS
- Everitt. CROSS

There are a few fringe ruckmen from other clubs who may be looking for a new address. Griffin from Adelaide, perhaps Taylor from Hawthorn after he was left out of the finals series, Peter Street from the Bulldogs can't break back into their side. I believe we will hold on to our first rounder (I bloody hope so!) but we will be dangling our second rounder for one of these players.

Or look into the 2nd tier leagues, VFL, SANFL or WAFL. Perhaps someone who watches those leagues can name some possibilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back