Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Swans chasing White, Didak and Kerr

During Sydney's Mad Monday activities, Paul Roos all but ruled out making any bid for Jeff White. Basically, Roos has said White is 31, and the Swans have Dan Currie and Jake Orreal coming through, so have no need for White.
That's a fantastic statement from Roos at this point; that would do wonders for Currie and Orreal, to know they have the senior coach's confidence at this stage.
Roos did say both Kerr and Didak, if available, would be players to talk to.

He also refers to the young blokes who played seniors, and of those likely to be seen in 2009 the one name specifically mentioned as having been groomed through the reserves this season and ready to go into seniors next year is Brendan Murphy.

Murph!

Roos saying no to White is a big relief.. but it may just be more of his misleading (actually, 'selective') comments and mind games :(

Murph!

Roos saying no to White is a big relief.. but it may just be more of his misleading (actually, 'selective') comments and mind games :(

He said it in an interview during Mad Monday, while surrounded by his players. Hard to believe he'd be playing games at this stage of the (post-)season.

Anyway, we have the only J White we need on our list now. Future Coleman Medallist.

He said it in an interview during Mad Monday, while surrounded by his players. Hard to believe he'd be playing games at this stage of the (post-)season.

Anyway, we have the only J White we need on our list now. Future Coleman Medallist.

I keep hearing how impressive Jesse White is but from what ive seen he hasnt been all that good.

apart for your late first rounder what else does sydney have tp offer -.-

davis? -.-

You can have him if you want. We will chuck in Schmidt aswell as he is a good midfielder who for some reason Roos refuses to play.

White - YES !
Kerr - YES !
Didak - hmmm, that'd be a NO !

Quick fix is what we need. With an aging list that is still competitive to top it up with what is needed is the wtg imo.

2 experienced rucks are needed, speed and the X factor are what's needed in the midfield ... if we can make a semi with Spida and without an X factor, then surely a semi or further is on the cards with the likes of those 2 in our team, OH, let's not forget Goodes will be fit and ready to go for round one 2009.:)

...Quick fix is what we need. ...

Paul newbie

You are going to have to study up if you wanna be our resident BF Swannies coach!!! ... hahaha:D

Even on Mad Monday outside a pub Roos still has the ability... not to tell lies, be respectful, and be cryptic about the truth without giving much away! Unless you study his methods and really think about what he says;)

Refer to post #48 for the comment

This is what it meant "Roos speak" translated to "truth" then to "BF fan speak"

White - NO! don't want to slag him but he ought not get hopes up we would rather encourage the young ones to have a red hot shot, and also let all other clubs & media think we arn't interested in any ruckman recruits

Didak /Kerr - There are 9 teams with better draft picks to trade, we have very little to offer as trades. It is unlikely they will slip so far to even considering Swans, but "if they are available we would probably talk to them".
If for no other reason than to get inside their head and learn about them and their clubs, or stuff up the works for our opposition, or leverage information gained for other trading potential.
This whole thing is speculative media beat up of "Fev" proportions, coz I am the coach and haven't even spoken or yet considered them.
They are good players though! as we don't want a story about Swans coach slagging opposition players also!

Cheers:)
Corp

Kerr & Didak

I know this could be posted on the Trading board but i decided to place it on the Swans board.

In the Australian newspaper today (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24351471-5012432,00.html) there was an article about how the Swans were interested in Kerr and Didak.

"SYDNEY coach Paul Roos would love to have troubled stars Daniel Kerr of West Coast and Alan Didak of Collingwood if they became available."

I think that both players would add alot to the Swans line up for next year. I would like to hear Swans fans assesment of each of the players trade values and what we would be prepared to trade for them. (we wont be able to get both so select your player and asses the trade value or post possible trades for each player)

In this post lets be realistic, both players are quality players and we would have to give up alot to secure there services.

On a side note i know that as time passes its seems more likely that Didak will remain at collingwood next year but lets disregard that because if Collingwood get the right offer i think they will seriously consider a trade so they can cement there point.

My possible trades:
For Kerr:

Sydney get: Kerr and wc fourth round pick
wc get: nick davis and sydney's first and second round picks

For Didak:

Sydney get: Didak
coll get: sydney's first and second round picks

Re: Kerr & Didak

Have no time at all for Didak and would hate to see him in the red and white.
Kerr is a different matter all together.Would LOVE to see him in the red and white.

I doubt we will be trading our draft picks unless we can organise replacements.
A trade like this is rarely between two clubs...

For instance (players are just for example, we might trade Jude Bolton to Collingwood for their 1st round pick. We then ontrade that first round pick to West Coast together with Nick Davis and our 3rd round pick (for Kerr).

West Coast then trade that first round pick to get Didak.

So..

WCE GET: Didak, Nick Davis , 3rd round pick
Sydney GET: Daniel Kerr
Collingwood GET: Jude Bolton and 1st round draft selection

Just as an example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt we will be trading our draft picks unless we can organise replacements.
A trade like this is rarely between two clubs...

For instance (players are just for example, we might trade Jude Bolton to Collingwood for their 1st round pick. We then ontrade that first round pick to West Coast together with Nick Davis and our 3rd round pick (for Kerr).

West Coast then trade that first round pick to get Didak.

So..

WCE GET: Didak, Nick Davis , 3rd round pick
Sydney GET: Daniel Kerr
Collingwood GET: Jude Bolton and 1st round draft selection

Just as an example.
So Collingwood get their own pick back?

I am confused as to why the comment on Cousins is a definite "not interested" but Kerr or Didak would be considered.

Kerr is a different matter all together.Would LOVE to see him in the red and white.

Same with me, except change the red and white for Navy Blue and white.

I am going to get in to trouble on here, but if you want a champ from another club you have to give up a lot.
Kerr is the class we are missing in the middle he is only 25 with at least 5 good years left in him.I would trade Mcveigh and a 1st round pick for him,Mcveigh has now got good currency after this years improvement and thats the sort of player the Weagles would want.
Players like Davis and Ablett are not worth much now, remember who would have thought we would have got rid of Schneider and Dumster

I am going to get in to trouble on here, but if you want a champ from another club you have to give up a lot.
Kerr is the class we are missing in the middle he is only 25 with at least 5 good years left in him.I would trade Mcveigh and a 1st round pick for him,Mcveigh has now got good currency after this years improvement and thats the sort of player the Weagles would want.
Players like Davis and Ablett are not worth much now, remember who would have thought we would have got rid of Schneider and Dumster

No. McVeigh is turnng into a gun and i would hate to get rid of him because he is the type of player who could play another 200 games for us. With Kerr we would be lucky to get half that amount.

So Collingwood get their own pick back?

Er, bad example by myself.

I think I actually meant our first round draft pick.
In any case, if we pick up these kind of players we will have to offload others for draft picks.

Perhaps we will see another couple of players go to the Saints out of 'good will' ;)

Didak's a bloody good footballer though...

No. McVeigh is turnng into a gun and i would hate to get rid of him because he is the type of player who could play another 200 games for us. With Kerr we would be lucky to get half that amount.
Kerr is only 2 years older than Mcveigh and tell me Runvs where does he disappear in the big games.Kerr could have won 2 Brownlows if not for stupid acts, i don't like him but arn't we all sick of the lock down footy our midfielders have to play, Kerr is class,Mcveigh has improved heaps but that would be the sort of player you have to give up.

Possible trade targets besides Didak & Kerr?

Swans reportedly went fairly hard at Kane Tenace last time round before Getting hold of Henry & Marty instead.Does anyone see us doing the same this year or what ther possible players on a "2nd tier" could we possibly be eyeing off?
Here's a few off the top of my head...
Travis Varcoe,David Wojinscki,Scott Stevens,Joel Patfull,
Adam McPhee,Jason Winderlich....

Re: Possible trade targets besides Didak & Kerr?

Swans reportedly went fairly hard at Kane Tenace last time round before Getting hold of Henry & Marty instead.Does anyone see us doing the same this year or what ther possible players on a "2nd tier" could we possibly be eyeing off?
Here's a few off the top of my head...
Travis Varcoe,David Wojinscki,Scott Stevens,Joel Patfull,
Adam McPhee,Jason Winderlich....

I'd like to see us go for Patfull but not the others:

Varcoe: Not really what we need
Wojinscki: Great pace but poor skills (Maybe)
Scott Stevens: Too old and wont want to come back to Sydney
McPhee: Too old/Not what we need
Winderlich: See Wojinski

I agree with RUNVS on Roughead.

Some others to think about:

Roe
Boyle
Sherman

Kerr is only 2 years older than Mcveigh and tell me Runvs where does he disappear in the big games.Kerr could have won 2 Brownlows if not for stupid acts, i don't like him but arn't we all sick of the lock down footy our midfielders have to play, Kerr is class,Mcveigh has improved heaps but that would be the sort of player you have to give up.

Kerr looked completely uninterested this year. When West Coast were not playing well they needed Kerr to lift and set a example, instead he sulked about not being in a competitive team and got himself suspended doing something incredibly stupid. We dont need a guy who will give up when the chips are down and we certainly dont need a guy who is going to get suspended all the time.

McVeigh did play well in quite afew big games this year and trading McVeigh plus a high pick for Kerr would be madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back