Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Swans chasing White, Didak and Kerr

So, would you start him in the 22 in round 1 then?

I didnt say he wasnt good...just not prepared for a round 1 debut...
I think he would offer as much as Spida has over the course of the season. Don't expect too much of him just yet but to do what Everitt has done, play 40-45% of the game, maybe have a stint up forward, is not beyond him at this early stage of his career.

I think LRT is quite effective as a "defensive ruckman" great term agree:thumbsu:

perhaps Taylor from Hawthorn after he was left out of the finals series reaction comment :eek::thumbsu:

Peter Street from the Bulldogs can't break back into their side. comment:thumbsu:

Sensational post again Grim!!!!

Absolutely either of those two much more worth the effort! But IMO both unlikely..... both would cost too much!

So, would you start him in the 22 in round 1 then?

I didnt say he wasnt good...just not prepared for a round 1 debut...

NO!. & agree maybe with second comment . He is still super duper young for AFL ruck!

Dunno really as to be honest only seen Currie twice this year! Based on that he would have to spend super hours in the gym and eat a horse every day!!!

What I meant he is already here in Sydney and up and coming!!! Why waste a pick when as Grim says LRT does OK! and White or Grundy need to try and become a good defender as well ( both are maybe better forwards? but they thought that about Leo at the start!!!)

Another "fill in" will only exasserbate the retirements due in 2-3 yrs anyway!!!

If we can get White for nothing then go for it. If we can get Kerr for (let's be realistic shall we?) our first pick and a player then it should be considered. He's still young and will likely still be in his prime when we are ready for our next tilt at a flag. First round picks are precious but they are also a risk, have a look at the players that have gone around pick ten in previous years and you can bet that you wont find many, if any as good as Kerr, and more than likely you will see a few names you don't even recognise.

I think LRT is quite effective as a "defensive ruckman" (my own term, feel free to bag it ;)). He's not going to dominate the contests but from my observations, can nullify the effectiveness of opposition ruckmen. Doesn't really show up on the stats.

Our record with recruiting ruckmen from other clubs has been hit and miss.
- Jolly. TICK
- Chambers. BIG CROSS
- Everitt. CROSS

There are a few fringe ruckmen from other clubs who may be looking for a new address. Griffin from Adelaide, perhaps Taylor from Hawthorn after he was left out of the finals series, Peter Street from the Bulldogs can't break back into their side. I believe we will hold on to our first rounder (I bloody hope so!) but we will be dangling our second rounder for one of these players.

Or look into the 2nd tier leagues, VFL, SANFL or WAFL. Perhaps someone who watches those leagues can name some possibilities?

Taylor, possibly, because the Hawks are spruiking Max Bailey and Brad Renouf as their future rucks, and Campbell is their No 1.
Griffin is apparently keen to return to WA, and may be part of some multi-club deal that gets Josh Carr from Freo back to Port.
Street, geez. Still seems to struggle at VFL level, let alone AFL.

I think a previous poster said Currie wasn't going to be ready for AFL by round 1, 2009, and I'd like to ask why?
He's big, strong, will be fit (you'd assume) and has had a good year in the seconds this year, AND he's working with Jolly and Spida, obviously.
He'll learn quickly, even if it is a case of throwing him in at the deep end. Matt Kreuzer at Carlton did okay in his first season, and Currie's got a year or so's experience AND body strength on Kreuzer.

One bloke who's name was being tossed up 2-3 months ago was Mark Seaby, who was apparently on the outer at the Weagles. Not sure if that's still the case, but if he was, he'd be worth talking to.

It won't happen, because after a tough year with injury he finally started to look the goods, and he's just finished his first year at the Crows, but Brad Moran is going to be a ripper and I wish we'd chased him when he was traded by the Roos last season.

No offence intended here but how on earth do you guys have any show of getting Kerr. The eagles want 2 first round picks for him. And he is not out of contract so we don't have to trade him if nobody offers us that. Your first pick is 12 which is not that high anyway and and you would have to trade with another club to get another 1st round pick and it would have to be in the top 10, not pick 15 or something for us to be interested. And i can't think of any player on your list that you could trade for a top 10 pick other than probably Hall.

Why chase a player you can't afford? I get annoyed when other clubs start doing a collingwood and chase after other clubs players waving fistfulls of dollars in their faces when they have no gambling chips to bring to the negotiation table. Professional clubs don't do that. You have no hope of satisfying the eagles at the trade table.

Then again this article seems to be written purely based on quotes from Kerr's manager who is a known slimeball who is constantly leaking bullls**** to the media in order to pump up his players prices. He may be talking s*** again.

Seaby was on my radar a few months ago when he was in and out of the team, but he finished the season strongly and West Coast don't really have much depth in the ruck anyway, I can't see them letting him go unless he specifically requested it.

Then again this article seems to be written purely based on quotes from Kerr's manager who is a known slimeball who is constantly leaking bullls**** to the media in order to pump up his players prices. He may be talking s*** again.

The article is written by a journalist (a term used very loosely in this case) whose work in the Daily Terror has been less than impressive. Just trying to fill some column space.

No offence intended here but how on earth do you guys have any show of getting Kerr. The eagles want 2 first round picks for him. And he is not out of contract so we don't have to trade him if nobody offers us that. Your first pick is 12 which is not that high anyway and and you would have to trade with another club to get another 1st round pick and it would have to be in the top 10, not pick 15 or something for us to be interested. And i can't think of any player on your list that you could trade for a top 10 pick other than probably Hall.

Why chase a player you can't afford? I get annoyed when other clubs start doing a collingwood and chase after other clubs players waving fistfulls of dollars in their faces when they have no gambling chips to bring to the negotiation table. Professional clubs don't do that. You have no hope of satisfying the eagles at the trade table.

A) No one would give up a first rounder for Hall because of his age.
B) We have plenty of players that would command a first round pick: ROK, Goodes, Malceski, McVeigh, C. Bolton, D. Jolly etc
C) First round picks can be obtained by doing multiple trades and thus upgrading picks.
D) Since when does 2 first round picks = 2 top 10 picks?
E) If a guy who has been largely useless since copping the number 1 tag every week and has a long list of off field issues doesn't want to come to our club then it's really no big loss.

I understand that it's annoying when other clubs think they can offer up a bunch of hacks and fringe players along with a 3rd rounder to secure a star player but I have seen no such suggestions on here thus far so maybe you should be a little more careful with your assumptions about what other teams have/are willing to offer.

I know this great doctor in Sydney, who can lengthen arms, i reckon if Daniel hears about it, it could be the clincher.

A) No one would give up a first rounder for Hall because of his age.
B) We have plenty of players that would command a first round pick: ROK, Goodes, Malceski, McVeigh, C. Bolton, D. Jolly etc
C) First round picks can be obtained by doing multiple trades and thus upgrading picks.
D) Since when does 2 first round picks = 2 top 10 picks?
E) If a guy who has been largely useless since copping the number 1 tag every week and has a long list of off field issues doesn't want to come to our club then it's really no big loss.

I understand that it's annoying when other clubs think they can offer up a bunch of hacks and fringe players along with a 3rd rounder to secure a star player but I have seen no such suggestions on here thus far so maybe you should be a little more careful with your assumptions about what other teams have/are willing to offer.

I'm pretty sure the eagles have gone as far as to say that one of the picks even has to be in the top 5. I could see them relaxing on that a little but but not to the point where they accept both 1st rounders being late ones. There is a big difference between pick 5 and pick 15.

Fair enough Goodes would command a first rounder but you would never trade him. I think there would have to be some doubt about whether the rest of the players you mentioned would. They certainly wouldn't get an early first rounder. Malceski had a risky knee operation a few months ago.

I am surprised you are chasing him anyway. I would have thought it was about time you guys took your medicine and started rebuilding with all the old players you have got. Our era is over and so is yours IMO. Start planning for 3-4 years time.

I'm pretty sure the eagles have gone as far as to say that one of the picks even has to be in the top 5. I could see them relaxing on that a little but but not to the point where they accept both 1st rounders being late ones. There is a big difference between pick 5 and pick 15.

Fair enough. I was going by your quote of 2 first rounders.

Fair enough Goodes would command a first rounder but you would never trade him. I think there would have to be some doubt about whether the rest of the players you mentioned would. They certainly wouldn't get an early first rounder. Malceski had a risky knee operation a few months ago.

Obviously we wouldn't want to trade away our stars but there is always the option of trading away some mid tier players and youngsters to upgrade one of our picks

I am surprised you are chasing him anyway. I would have thought it was about time you guys took your medicine and started rebuilding with all the old players you have got. Our era is over and so is yours IMO. Start planning for 3-4 years time.

I wouldn't be so sure that we are chasing him but if it is true then I see no reason why recruiting Kerr should be seen as topping up. He's young enough that he would still be in his prime for our next tilt at a flag (which I would hope would be in the next 3 years or so).

Two articles today (Monday) already on us being the frontrunners to secure Kerr. I can't fathom how we're going to top the offers the other clubs are going to make for him.

Two articles today (Monday) already on us being the frontrunners to secure Kerr. I can't fathom how we're going to top the offers the other clubs are going to make for him.

I'm surprised Hinds wrote about it!

There is no way we can get Kerr. Unless we give them ROK or one of our other top 5 players, as well as a first round draft pick. It's not going to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His arms are too short anyway... he can't even get them in his pockets properly!

Edit: well, not THAT short. But I do find them off-putting when watching him play!

cc_Kerr_narrowweb__300x365,0.jpg

If we trade away one of our top players and the first rounder, we won't be going forwards at all..

Haven't you heard Grim? We're the Reform Centre of the AFL.

actually, now that I look at it again... yep, that just doesn't look right. No offence to eyeballs was intended.

I'm surprised Hinds wrote about it!

There is no way we can get Kerr. Unless we give them ROK or one of our other top 5 players, as well as a first round draft pick. It's not going to happen.

No, it's not going to happen. Your eyeballs are safe from further offence.

Yeah I'm surprised Hinds wrote that article. He is by far my favourite AFL journalist, (even if he is a filthy Pies fan!) and that article was a little short-sighted IMHO. Just read another article which says we're prepared to offer him the 5-year deal he wanted, and that the Eagles aren't willing to give him, without any clauses/restrictions.

Yeah I'm surprised Hinds wrote that article. He is by far my favourite AFL journalist, (even if he is a filthy Pies fan!) and that article was a little short-sighted IMHO. Just read another article which says we're prepared to offer him the 5-year deal he wanted, and that the Eagles aren't willing to give him, without any clauses/restrictions.

Wow, it's hard to believe this idea is getting any traction at all. Satisfying Kerr may be about 5% of the problem for the Swans. Now for the Eagles, who are in full control of any trade given he's a contracted player. No huge problem with a 5 year deal, even for a physical player like Kerr, but what on earth are we planning to give away to get him?

Kerr is the only one we need from that bunch, what about buddy??
check out Lance franklin.com it says he wants to go to Sydney .:eek:

Kerr is the only one we need from that bunch, what about buddy??
check out Lance franklin.com it says he wants to go to Sydney .:eek:

"I love playing footy,I love the hawks but I really love Sydney swans and would love to play for them as soon as possible ,Sydney is the greatest city in the world and to play there would be the ultimate .Micky O and Goodsey are some of my heroes and Barry Hall is an all time legend .
I want to go surfing as much as possible and go to souths rabbitohs games in my spare time .
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I love kickin goals for Sydney"

Made me laugh!
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back