List Mgmt. Trade Targets 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Geelong have any draft picks after selling the farm last trade period.
They can sell another future first pick but given this years results that's only likely to be 20 after academy picks. Pittard would be worth a player and a high pick and I can't see them supplying that. Not that I think Pittard's going anywhere, the only reason I don't think he'll be AA this year is that he was inconsistent and whatever they try to say the AA selectors are impressed by raw stats as much as defence and turning defence into attack.

I hate seeing Trengove's name pop up. He's worked his guts out this year. He was a massive clearance getter in a few of those games and is the ultimate club man. Putting him on the trade table would an insult to him and a poor message to send to the rest of the group.

I hate seeing Trengove's name pop up. He's worked his guts out this year. He was a massive clearance getter in a few of those games and is the ultimate club man. Putting him on the trade table would an insult to him and a poor message to send to the rest of the group.

Don't think he will be "put up for trade". Will be more a case of him asking to leave if anything.

Know what you mean as he has been amazing this year, but in reality, he is too short to be a genuine ruckman and we now have lots of options for his position in the backline (Clurey, Austin, Hombsch, Jonas).

Could go either way.

Don't think he will be "put up for trade". Will be more a case of him asking to leave if anything.

Know what you mean as he has been amazing this year, but in reality, he is too short to be a genuine ruckman and we now have lots of options for his position in the backline (Clurey, Austin, Hombsch, Jonas).

Could go either way.

4cms shorter than Goldstein but still won that battle. I'd like to see him stay in the ruck and float back when needed. He provides plenty of flexibility and attacks the contest harder than Westhoff.

For the record I'd like to keep Trengove, pittard and get a ruckman, a key forward and get a few top inside midfielders. Delist the deadwood and have a premiership material list for next season.

Is this possible?

If not, then trade any player that is out of contract this or next year, that has a little inclination to maybe want to return to their home state to play.... With a preference to back flankers who are the easiest to replace.

*unless it's Robbie or Ollie.

...in reality, he is too short to be a genuine ruckman...

Height, as we have discovered this year, is irrelevant.
  • Ryder, who is 196cm, can tap to advantage, take a mark, kick goals, defend, and run.
  • Trengove, who is 197cm, can tap to advantage, win clearances, take a mark, kick goals, defend, and run.
  • Lobbe, who is 200cm and considered a 'genuine ruckman', can occasionally tap to advantage and take a mark.
Pick the two you would rather have in our side, rotating through the ruck, let alone on our list.

Last edited:
Realistically who is avaliable to fill our kpf hole?

Having a second round pick wouldnallow us to trade for someone half decent like daw but we dont have that luxury and the relaistic names that have been tossed up so far are vickery dawes and cloke which im not too fond of any. Anyone else?

• Ryder, who is 196cm, can tap to advantage, take a mark, kick goals, defend, and run.
  • Trengove, who is 197cm, can tap to advantage, win clearances, take a mark, kick goals, defend, and run.
  • Lobbe, who is 200cm and considered a 'genuine ruckman', can occasionally tap to advantage and take a mark.
Pick the two you would rather have in our side, let alone on our list.

Yeah measurements, like stats, are only part of the picture.

Ryder can leap.

Trengove can hustle.

Lobbe can Diplodoke.

This is not a diss on Pittard.

If we we want value he would be the guy.

He is a flanker he aint a kpp or an elite midfielder. Lets face it we have ample players who can replace him in that position maybe not as good but still.

I think if their is a chance to bring in something we really need like an inside mid Pittard would be a value trade for us.

There is an obvious difference in that the three mentioned looked at their best when we were flying.

Jasper had been building over the past few seasons and looked (mostly) great in a team that has been absolute garbage. It will be a massive error to trade him.
If he wants to leave what choice do we have.
I think he's won over most supporters with his performances over the last few years but if he wants to go and is out of contract at the end of next year then we must protect ourselves and get the best deal we can.

Pick the two you would rather have in our side, rotating through the ruck, let alone on our list.

No doubt I'd take Ryder and Jacko - just saying that if we received a quality pick for Trengove then we could use it in other areas that we really need (inside mid, key forward).

We could then use Ryder, Frampton, Howard (when fit) in the ruck.

Even rotate Dixon through there if you want some aggression and size.

And ideally we will be trading for a ruckman as well (even a backup type like WCE have done with Giles). Billy Longer, Majak Daw, along those lines.

Last edited:
GWS and GCS still have a good number of players that were selected with high picks but have played little football. This is because with their concessional picks they were often drafting for needs, not wants. To explain, whereas a team with say a top 10 pick will go for the best, and usually a midfielder, at the height of their concessions those clubs would already have had multiple picks and would be selecting defenders and ruckmen in their top 10s. It is also unlikely that they would be spot on with all their picks and half of the mids would be less than they need or simply surplus to requirements. I would certainly like to see us with someone with a permanent eye on the NEAFL, as I am certain there is a lot of unused talent there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...if we received a quality pick for Trengove then we could use it in other areas that we really need (inside mid, key forward).

Personally, I view Trengove as an invaluable asset to our future. I mentioned this in another thread yesterday, but I would like to see him utilised as our second ruck alongside Ryder. I would have him resting forward, but pushing back into defense as required. The benefits of retaining someone that versatile far outweigh the potential benefits of any pick we would receive in exchange.

We could then use Ryder, Frampton, Howard (when fit) in the ruck.

Even rotate Dixon through there if you want some aggression and size.

And ideally we will be trading for a ruckman as well (even a backup type like WCE have done with Giles). Billy Longer, Majak Daw, along those lines.

For the most part, I agree with you here. We need greater depth in our ruck department.
  • I would trade out Lobbe in exchange for a ready-made midfielder, or use the pick we receive for him to trade for one.
  • I would trade in a ready-made ruckman for depth. Someone like Daw, who would not only cost very little, but has demonstrated an ability to contribute elsewhere on-field. No more lumbering, one-dimensional tap ruckmen, please.
  • I would draft another athletic tall, similar to a Howard or a Trengove, with the view of developing them long-term.
  • Provided he can stay injury-free, Frampton continues his development and acts as depth, alongside the traded in player.
  • Dixon, Howard, and Westhoff pinch-hit in break glass situations only. Otherwise, they remain forward.
...or something like that.

Last edited:
I don't know what people see in Daw. He barely gets near the ball all game because he doesn't footy. When he gets near the ball he makes mistakes because he can't footy. He can't run out a game or stay involved because he is not fit enough and can't read footy. He has muscles and a highlights reel. Petrie has been delist ed so hopefully he stays norf.

I don't know what people see in Daw. He barely gets near the ball all game because he doesn't footy. When he gets near the ball he makes mistakes because he can't footy. He can't run out a game or stay involved because he is not fit enough and can't read footy. He has muscles and a highlights reel. Petrie has been delist ed so hopefully he stays norf.
I think North will keep him so really not sure if any trade talk is serious, but I'm curious to know if you've watched Daw much in the last six or eight weeks. I think he's blossomed as a footballer and for the first time that he might actually make it. I'm not talking about the highlight reel either, but games where he's been amongst the best contested ball players in beast mode like Jacko.

Ea
B Ellis would be a good pick up but wouldnt give up much. Trengrove and pick 9 for pick 6 and Ellis
ch
I'd rather get a young gun from GC than get pick 6.

I hope if there is a 3 way deal that pick 6 is going that way.
If we keep 9 take (hopefully) Marshall is still there then take best mid at 9.

As this year is taught us, you need to have an insurance policy. Lobbe is a serviceable insurance policy

I think North will keep him so really not sure if any trade talk is serious, but I'm curious to know if you've watched Daw much in the last six or eight weeks. I think he's blossomed as a footballer and for the first time that he might actually make it. I'm not talking about the highlight reel either, but games where he's been amongst the best contested ball players in beast mode like Jacko.

I have seen Daw play a few times this year. He's had a couple of nice patches but he doesn't get enough of the ball, win enough hitouts, or kick enough goals. He'll be 26 at the start of next year and still learning to play the game. He has improved but he needed to. Anyway, he will be at North next year.

I wouldnt say tapping to advantage was Jackson's forte

This is not a diss on Pittard.

If we we want value he would be the guy.

He is a flanker he aint a kpp or an elite midfielder. Lets face it we have ample players who can replace him in that position maybe not as good but still.

I think if their is a chance to bring in something we really need like an inside mid Pittard would be a value trade for us.

And that's all I think too. Perfect world stuff and I want him to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back