List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would pay a premium to get JHF at Port next year and that could be reasonable I just see the Crows being Dumb enough to double down on the offer they put up to try and get him in the draft along with putting a Godfather type offer in front of him that would not reflect what he's shown to date.

JHF is a really nice mid but Ollie, Walsh, Bonts etc have been as good if not better their 1st years.
True, however all are different types of mids and JHF is playing in the worse side since GWS and GCS came into the comp. It’s harder for him to star in a side that just won’t get anywhere near winning a game (I’ve definitely just jinxed us for this weekend)

True, however all are different types of mids and JHF is playing in the worse side since GWS and GCS came into the comp. It’s harder for him to star in a side that just won’t get anywhere near winning a game (I’ve definitely just jinxed us for this weekend)
It’s really not harder for a contested type mid to star in a bottom team then a decent team.

You would pay a premium to get JHF at Port next year and that could be reasonable I just see the Crows being Dumb enough to double down on the offer they put up to try and get him in the draft along with putting a Godfather type offer in front of him that would not reflect what he's shown to date.

JHF is a really nice mid but Ollie, Walsh, Bonts etc have been as good if not better their 1st years.
It may all come down to weather or not we have a new coach and who that person may be.

Payne started well last night. Involved in several score involvements for Brisvegas.
Seemed to go missing after he was benched in the second term, and Lions struggled without his influence for a while.

Does anyone know whether he was given a different role ie. to take one of the Crows defenders away from Hipwood, afterwards?

He has Skinner's size, but is quicker and turns more speedily, decent kick too.
Natural defender imho.

Payne started well last night. Involved in several score involvements for Brisvegas.
Seemed to go missing after he was benched in the second term, and Lions struggled without his influence for a while.

Does anyone know whether he was given a different role ie. to take one of the Crows defenders away from Hipwood, afterwards?

He has Skinner's size, but is quicker and turns more speedily, decent kick too.
Natural defender imho.
Hasn't had 3 knee reco like Skinner and has an athletics background. Represented Oz at junior ie U/18 level in discus, so has explosive strength and that's reflected in that he was pretty quick on a lead last night.

Horne-Francis will request a trade to port next year, doesn’t want to be at north at all

If this is true could he please engineer some sort of scandal that tanks his value? Otherwise he's going to command a pretty hefty price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this is true could he please engineer some sort of scandal that tanks his value? Otherwise he's going to command a pretty hefty price.

He hates Victoria and desperate to come home , got a hot Victorian girl and still wants out , feel bad for North a bit

He hates Victoria and desperate to come home , got a hot Victorian girl and still wants out , feel bad for North a bit
Is thinking Victoria is a shithole a big enough scandal for the AFL media?

I'm allowing myself to dream, but a midfield of Wines, Drew, Rozee, Butters & JHF with pinch hits by SPP, Jones, Duursma, Mead & Sinn all being serviced by Hayes is just...

200.gif

Serious question, is Flash Francis Port aligned these days or Freo? (EDIT: Ford reminded me we he never actually played for Freo)

I think I've heard JHF was a Freo fan, so maybe Freo aligned?

I don't think we're getting JHF regardless, but I'm surprised we don't hear about more players wanting to get to their families club. I know that had I been lucky enough to be drafted back when I was 18, I would've taken anywhere but I would've been clear my desire was always to get to Port. My kids are 5th generation Port, that doesn't just go away.

Last edited:
I'm allowing myself to dream, but a midfield of Wines, Drew, Rozee, Butters & JHF with pinch hits by SPP, Jones, Duursma, Mead & Sinn all being serviced by Hayes is just...

200.gif

With Ken coaching them........

BoogieNights2.png

Serious question, is Flash Francis Port aligned these days or Freo?

I think I've heard JHF was a Freo fan, so maybe Freo aligned?

I don't think we're getting JHF regardless, but I'm surprised we don't hear about more players wanting to get to their families club. I know that had I been lucky enough to be drafted back when I was 18, I would've taken anywhere but I would've been clear my desire was always to get to Port. My kids are 5th generation Port, that doesn't just go away.

Why would Francis feel any obligation to Freo? He moved to West Australia expecting to play for them, but they couldn't draft him because of salary cap breaches.

He did receive a payout from them, but they effectively ended his career and now he lives in SA.

Why would Francis feel any obligation to Freo? He moved to West Australia expecting to play for them, but they couldn't draft him because of salary cap breaches.

He did receive a payout from them, but they effectively ended his career and now he lives in SA.
Oh of course. Sorry I forgot that, blanked it from my mind that he never actually played for them. I remember he held out for more money, went there and just blanked the last part, but you're right he never played. Had he stayed here he probably would've clocked up 100 games and JHF would be in our current side.

Theoretically then both JHF and Fabian might still have been Port through till he was drafted unless Fabian ended up on such bad terms as us.

Oh of course. Sorry I forgot that, blanked it from my mind that he never actually played for them. I remember he held out for more money, went there and just blanked the last part, but you're right he never played. Had he stayed here he probably would've clocked up 100 games and JHF would be in our current side.
Don't think the stepson rule applies

Don't think the stepson rule applies
There are provisions around adopted children - believe it’s case by case. Got brought in because of the boosting in the US around college sport. Not sure if JHF was formally adopted but he certainly sees Flash as his dad and that Flash has made a huge impact on his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back