List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are provisions around adopted children - believe it’s case by case. Got brought in because of the boosting in the US around college sport. Not sure if JHF was formally adopted but he certainly sees Flash as his dad and that Flash has made a huge impact on his life.
Another rule where the (v)AFL can make a call to suit an agenda? I'm shocked

Serious question, is Flash Francis Port aligned these days or Freo? (EDIT: Ford reminded me we he never actually played for Freo)

I think I've heard JHF was a Freo fan, so maybe Freo aligned?

I don't think we're getting JHF regardless, but I'm surprised we don't hear about more players wanting to get to their families club. I know that had I been lucky enough to be drafted back when I was 18, I would've taken anywhere but I would've been clear my desire was always to get to Port. My kids are 5th generation Port, that doesn't just go away.
He did get a payout from Freo though that ended up him staying there as the runner (according to wiki).

That would have been around 03/04 though (im not sure how long he did it for) so might have been before JHF time.

Payne started well last night. Involved in several score involvements for Brisvegas.
Seemed to go missing after he was benched in the second term, and Lions struggled without his influence for a while.

Does anyone know whether he was given a different role ie. to take one of the Crows defenders away from Hipwood, afterwards?

He has Skinner's size, but is quicker and turns more speedily, decent kick too.
Natural defender imho.
He should be a target, not going to get a game as a defender at Brisbane. Has the size, speed and athleticism for a handy defender as well as being a decent kick.

If he’s looking at going anyway getting the most as possible out of it might be the way to go
Could potentially try a swap for jhf
Or you see the deals a lot of clubs try to make for the number 1 pick might do better out of it

If he’s looking at going anyway getting the most as possible out of it might be the way to go
Or you see the deals a lot of clubs try to make for the number 1 pick might do better out of it

A number 1 pick could be a bust, or just a solid player. Georgiades has enough exposed form to know he'll be very good, and he plays in the hardest to recruit position on the ground. If he goes we'd absolutely have to try to draft another blue chip key forward to fill the hole in our list. So in theory, he'd only be worth swapping for a can't miss KPF prospect.

Let's look at #1 picks over the last 15 years who have been KPFs:

2008: Watts - Wonderful man, bust.
2011: Patton - Decent if he could stay on the park but he couldn't, retired in disgrace after being outed as a proponent of the dick pic
2013: Boyd - Great 2016 grand final, otherwise injury and mental health means he was a bust
2014: McCartin - Very sad concussion issues crueled his career, is now playing for Sydney as a defender after being picked up as a rookie
2020: Ugle-Hagan - Too early to tell, but currently out of the side and struggling with form at VFL level

Or I guess we can take a midfielder but we're left with a gaping hole on our list going forward in a position that we've struggled to fill for 2 decades.

Clubs dealing for the number 1 pick last year were specifically dealing for JHF, not all years have a standout number 1 as good as him.

As for Georgiades, he has way too much potential and good body of work to trade away for a speculative pick. Also too good to include in a deal for JHF.

If JHF nominated us next year (big if), then it would be smarter to offer them draft capital only or picks + good mature players to strengthen their list demographic.

KEY DEFENDERS Darcy Gardiner and Alex Pearce are among the group of eight remaining restricted free agents in the competition after the AFL revealed its full list on Wednesday.

AFL.com.au has previously pieced together the club-by-club list of free agents but this is the first official list to be delivered to clubs with the restricted and unrestricted bandings of players.

James Sicily would be a nice fit for us and replacement for Tom Jonas. He’s been in ripping form to start the year - like a 2nd Aliir.

Highly unlikely and also would mean needing to keep Amon but of that list probably the only potential player of interest.

Where is there any indication he is going anyway? Every indication I have seen is that he loves it here and I am sure getting to do some of his preseason at home hasn't harmed his feelings for the club one iota. He is not going anywhere and we would be absolute numbskulls to consider trading a sure thing as a forward.

Where is there any indication he is going anyway? Every indication I have seen is that he loves it here and I am sure getting to do some of his preseason at home hasn't harmed his feelings for the club one iota. He is not going anywhere and we would be absolute numbskulls to consider trading a sure thing as a forward.

Apart from the word of the poster that works at the biscuit factory, I haven't seen any indication he wants out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t want to entertain trading Mitch. He is contracted till 2023, so if he was desperate to leave and we couldn’t find a way to keep him, then west coasts first pick would be the starting point. But he ain’t going and is a key part of our future.
Agree. Georgiades would almost be the most valuable player on our list as to what he is worth in terms of trade capital. He has the most potential of all of our young players.

I think first 22 minutes are what will keep him

Hed know he would be playing every game possible of AFL at the eagles this year

Horne-Francis will request a trade to port next year, doesn’t want to be at north at all

As much as id love this, Crows are in the much better position to get him.
Could sell the farm for him and give the supporters that good news story they desperately need.
They could burn a number of players and over pay $$$ to snare him.

🤔 why would anyone want to go to west coast and play.... The only reason would be $$$ or your a fringe player who might get a few extra years at West coast.

🤔 why would anyone want to go to west coast and play.... The only reason would be $$$ or your a fringe player who might get a few extra years at West coast.

History says they'll turn it around quickly and make grand finals/win premierships at a more consistent rate than most.

James Sicily would be a nice fit for us and replacement for Tom Jonas. He’s been in ripping form to start the year - like a 2nd Aliir.

Highly unlikely and also would mean needing to keep Amon but of that list probably the only potential player of interest.
His new five year contract with the Hawks was announced about two hours after this post. Oh well.

Could sell the farm for him and give the supporters that good news story they desperately need.

The crows' farm

5102196505_4b89704578_b.jpg

I very much doubt that Horne Francis is going to play for a club that continues to play a racist campaigner when his stepfather is an indigenous Australian. I doubt the club would hold a great deal of attraction for any player unless they are purely interested in dollars or have a prior affiliation with the club, supported them as a child etc but the prospect of playing for a club that continues to play the racist would tip the balance in that context I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back