List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickett, Fantasia, Rioli. Surely they all don't fit into the same 22?
Luckily one of those players will do a soft tissue injury walking to read the team sheet so we really only need to fit in two.

They'll both be pushing up the ground to play decoy to McEntee as key forward anyway.

Duursma played so much sanfl this year. He certainly wasn’t our first or second choice winger that is for sure. So your point is redundant. Duursma may eventually come good, but right now he is quite average and needs to improve dramatically. I think he benefits a lot from being part of our “super draft” and gets put in the same sentence as Rozee and Butters.
Your point is flippant by not acknowledging the lad suffered serious injuries and he’s working his way back. He doesn’t need to “improve” he needs to recapture because he’s set an equally high bar in comparison to the other 2 super lads.

The point I’m making is from an obvious list management perspective now that Amon has left!

I'm not too sure about Duursma being written off so easily by some, his form in the sanfl was no worse than either of Bergman or Sinn, with all 3 having injury excuses for 2022, plus Alberton isn't exactly overflowing with gut running wingmen.
Big fan of Durrs. Young kid has shown plenty. Injuries disrupted this year but finished well. Sis in the AFLW, gun brother in the system. 90% of the talent is there already. Just need a good coach and players like Durrs will thrive

Not too concerned. We have a lot of that type of player. I think it’s an overrated position anyway, there aren’t a huge amount of out and out wingmen these days, you need to have a mix of traits to your game. Good teams defend the whole ground and you’re basically just another midfielder.
We don’t have a lot of that type of player that’s my point.. Bergman maybe one day but atm, post Amon leaving, trading duurs out as well is dumb. In terms of defending the wing positions neither Bergman and especially Farrell provide Duursma’s chasing and or tackling pressure.

We’d be relying on Dumont to fill that void.

We don’t have a lot of that type of player that’s my point.. Bergman maybe one day but atm, post Amon leaving, trading duurs out as well is dumb. In terms of defending the wing positions neither Bergman and especially Farrell provide Duursma’s chasing and or tackling pressure.

Maybe I’m over rating the impact Amons’ departure will have on us in ‘23 🤷🏻‍♂️

Your point is flippant by not acknowledging the lad suffered serious injuries and he’s working his way back. He doesn’t need to “improve” he needs to recapture because he’s set an equally high bar in comparison to the other 2 super lads.

The point I’m making is from an obvious list management perspective now that Amon has left!

He really hasnt. Hes a clear couple of rungs below Rozee and Butters talent wise.

He’ll be an ok replacement for Amon, but inwont be shedding any tears if he leaves. He’s entirely replaceable

I like Dumont. But there’s Bergman, as you mentioned. Sinn will develop. Bonner can’t defend so naturally would be more suited to the wing. Burgoyne I can see coming on and playing a wing if necessary. Houston could play on a wing if it was really necessary. Any number of our midfielders could rotate through the wing when they’re not at the centre bounce including guys like Boak and Butters. Finlayson has the skill set for the tall wingman role that Westhoff made his. It’s really not that big of an issue. I like Duursma, and I don’t think he’s going anywhere, but he’s definitely replaceable, and I have no issues in using him to bring in top end talent that’s in the same age bracket.

He’ll be an ok replacement for Amon, but inwont be shedding any tears if he leaves. He’s entirely replaceable
I think the idea of Duursma is greater than the actual output. I do think he has shown leadship qualities and the club clearly rates him high enough to bring the sister over also.

I don’t see him going anywhere until the younger brother is drafted, not even for Pickett.

Maybe I’m over rating the impact Amons’ departure will have on us in ‘23 🤷🏻‍♂️
If Amon kicked his goals this year - he’d be a top 5 winger in the comp. Regardless his drive and run absolutely made us a better team.

Anyways - I don’t see how Rioli is anywhere near his value. Rioli has class, but he has only played 60 games, and missed almost 2 years due to being unreliable. This has been the biggest falsest pump up by Weagles and WA media. Add In all the Georgi talk, they shouldn’t even be in the same sentence.

Allir went for a future second and was much younger. We needed Allir as much as we needed a small forward. A 3rd rounder really is much more realistic.

Big fan of Durrs. Young kid has shown plenty. Injuries disrupted this year but finished well. Sis in the AFLW, gun brother in the system. 90% of the talent is there already. Just need a good coach and players like Durrs will thrive
Every time I watch Langon of Melbourne I think that's what Duursma can become.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its fair though - from the AFL GPS tracker top 5s

2021-22 - 2 times in 22 games played

2020 - 9 times in 15 games

2019 - 13 in 20 games

As he has gotten bigger his running capacity has fallen through the floor.
Yeah true! Just reading about lateral collateral ligament tears and rehabilitation timeframes and responsiveness.. man might need to re uptake ballet lessons?

Yeah true! Just reading about lateral collateral ligament tears and rehabilitation timeframes and responsiveness.. man might need to re uptake ballet lessons?
Needs to stop getting pissed around by a ******* of a coach trying to turn him into a bullocking inside mid

He really hasnt. Hes a clear couple of rungs below Rozee and Butters talent wise.

Fair point but I still believe he's shown more than Karl in his first 4 seasons at the club.

Question really is do we think Duursma can evaluate his game in the next three seasons as Amon did in the last three seasons.

If he can, then he's definitely going to be an important part of the puzzle.

Same argument would apply to Bergman and Farrel.

I like Dumont. But there’s Bergman, as you mentioned. Sinn will develop. Bonner can’t defend so naturally would be more suited to the wing. Burgoyne I can see coming on and playing a wing if necessary. Houston could play on a wing if it was really necessary. Any number of our midfielders could rotate through the wing when they’re not at the centre bounce including guys like Boak and Butters. Finlayson has the skill set for the tall wingman role that Westhoff made his. It’s really not that big of an issue. I like Duursma, and I don’t think he’s going anywhere, but he’s definitely replaceable, and I have no issues in using him to bring in top end talent that’s in the same age bracket.
Really need Burgoyne to develop into a defender who can beat opposition small forwards. With Burgoyne and Burton that feels like a flexible mix.
Just need someone tall down back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back