List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly Graham will probably be cheaper next year when he's no longer first 22 for Richmond
Cornes also revealed Richmond midfielder Jack Graham knocked back Port Adelaide’s approaches and opted to remain at Punt Road after hearing of its bid for Horne-Francis.

“Essentially Jack was made aware of the Horne-Francis advancements from Port Adelaide,” Cornes said. “They (Port) said: ‘Look, we’d still really love Jack Graham to come to the club, but clearly all our priorities are trying to secure Horne-Francis.’

Apparently Ratugolea has agreed to terms, and will be staying on at geelong. Bugga
Geelong's computer said No.
Let us try again after they bring in their ex-Geelong Falcons (Salary Cap)???

Last edited:
If I’m JHF, I’m calling Boak and sorting a trip to the USA or making some show that I’m serious about fulfilling my potential. No doubt his homesickness hasn’t helped but the noise out of North around his effort and lack of professionalism is concerning. He is a good kid and still worth the cost, but I’m just wanting him to show us.

Two first rounders is very fair. There have been a handful of players traded for such a cost and all had shown more than JHF. Of those, only Cameron has worked out. And Geelong still got a fair bit coming back.

Two first rounders and a third or second back. Maybe a fringe player, they could have Dumont 😉. Or Ollie Lord, Sam Hayes or Dylan.

This really adds clarity to Graham's walk-through at Alberton, then subsequently advising Richmond he wasnt moving!

"Oh, no one wants to go to Port, boo hoo" was shouted out everywhere.

I had some questions though. The body language on CD & Hinkley on the footage aired on the news was clearly not too positive, and neither was the talk coming out of Alberton ... not much excitement!

The short time between the Graham's statement, and North just announcing Horne wants out, IMO clearly indicates that Port at least had an inkling & had prioritised JHF, and that Graham knew it - Or at least knew there was someone else we were targeting ahead of him, and that he was the second choice.

It all make sense IMO.
I think Port has been aware of JHF coming for quite some time. Well I was told 2 weeks ago by a friend who was with JHF the night before.

I reckon Geelong were after a 2nd rounder for Ratugolea, so as soon as they heard about the JHF focus, they decided he wasn't up for trade.

So hypothetical, if North hold firm on JHF this trade period, what do people think we could get for 8 plus 2023 1st round elsewhere? Assuming he's going to PSD next year, no one will touch him so we wouldn't need the draft capital, just the cap space, we tell JHF to put in a full season with North because we've got him next year.

This is what Pickering/Bulldogs told GWS about Tom Boyd all those years ago, and that changed the dynamic and pushed the trade through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi everyone, pardon the intrusion. Currently working on a little project for the main board and I was hoping to grab the names of any ITK posters here on the Port board. Cheers.
HugeJohnson has some quality sources down at the biscuit factory.

Of course. They won’t come out and say, ‘no worries Jas, good luck at Port, flick us a second rounder’. This is a PR disaster. The club is in crisis, may fold situation. I suspect that they’ll want a player, someone they can point to and say, ‘see, someone wants to come here and play for us’.

North has lost their coach in a shroud of controversy and he may not come back. No recruiting team. A shattered list - will Logue, etc still want to go there? Fans weren’t attending. Debt is clear for now but for how long as they’ll have to increase football spend to compete and sponsors will desert? Worst of all, outside the handful of north fans, nobody cares. This is like us in 2011/12 but worse because the AFL always wanted two teams in SA, so we weren’t about to be folded and moved. We didn’t have the pressure of another expansion side being created in Tassie.

Just as he's coming good and starting to look like a really good player.
Oh no…. That would be horrible… please ports….
Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back