Trades,Retirements,Delistings,Elevations

Remove this Banner Ad

i think they should put matt riggio into the midfield in 09 because hes been playing pretty good for north ballarat and they need the run and carry through the centre now that grant and sinclair have retired.

We will now get pick 9 in 2008 National draft even though the pies finished lower, picks are based on where you finish in the finals.

Now the big talk starts. Talk about Trades, Retirements, Delistings, Elevations, etc.

Retirements:
Grant
Thompson ?
Sinclair?

Delistings:
Brown
Sansbury
Grima

Trades:
Harris
Jones
Swallow

Elevations:
Obst
Wundke
N.Grima(must be elevated or else will be delisted)

What are you thoughts? Who do we go for in the draft now? Midfielders? Backman?

ithink if macintosh and harris are traded and north get an early first round pick and a couple of second round picks on top of what they already have then the north should draft:

Hurley - FB
Sidebottom / Zeibell- mid
Swift - mid

From reports Swift could possibly be the best midfielder going around if he can fully recover from his knee injury

i think they should put matt riggio into the midfield in 09 because hes been playing pretty good for north ballarat and they need the run and carry through the centre now that grant and sinclair have retired.

He had a pretty good run at Werribee this year as well.

If we don't add a reasonably early pick from a trade this week, we'll be fishing pretty low in the draft to fill so many spots on the list - or relying on elevated rookies. We've done alright with rookies recently - it would be good to see at least two of Wundke/Grima/Obst get a run and new rookies brought in to replace them.

Wunke needs to stay as a Rookie. Grima has to be elevated to stay on the list and Obst is unco and should be cut.

Not sure about the other lttle Rookie bloke who's name escapes me as well. From the little i've seen of him he looks talented but only gets it 5 times a game.

I don't really rate Obst, has spent about 4 years on AFL lists without stepping up, but I'm happy for Obst, Gibson & Grima to fight it out for the FB position, with another being kept on our list for depth incase of injury to our starting FB and the third being cut at the end of the year.

Hunter S. Thompson is my pick for 3rd tall out of a back pocket, but if all three listed above turn out to be duds (Gibson remains unproven IMO - regarding his effectiveness as anything other than a full back) then he'll have to hold it down, like that St Kilda bloke who's name escapes me has done over there for years, despite being undersized.

The Alco-pop (Cruiz) stays for mine, due to having a cool surname. :D

We will now get pick 9 in 2008 National draft even though the pies finished lower, picks are based on where you finish in the finals.

Now the big talk starts. Talk about Trades, Retirements, Delistings, Elevations, etc.

Retirements:
Grant
Thompson ?
Sinclair?

Delistings:
Brown
Sansbury
Grima

Trades:
Harris
Jones
Swallow

Elevations:
Obst
Wundke
N.Grima(must be elevated or else will be delisted)

What are you thoughts? Who do we go for in the draft now? Midfielders? Backman?
any update as to the delistings?

I think it's Sansbury, Davies, Grima and maybe Browny? Havn't heard 'bout Boggler officially though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wunke needs to stay as a Rookie. Grima has to be elevated to stay on the list and Obst is unco and should be cut.

Not sure about the other lttle Rookie bloke who's name escapes me as well. From the little i've seen of him he looks talented but only gets it 5 times a game.

North have sent in a request for Nathan Grima to stay on the rookie list due to not getting the chance. IIRC, Sross said that the afl accepted the request and will stay on.

I'd rather him get on the senior list as we need him.

That would be Cruize Garlett. Talented little bugger.

What's the general opinion of Gartlett? Will he make it at AFL level?
I've seen him play a few times.

Firstly, if he found a tank, he'd be a very solid midfielder, however at this stage, he can't run out a game as a small forward/pocket, so that seems highly unlikely to ever eventuate.

Whilst highly skilled (think back to his first goal in the granny V Port Melbourne), he does seem to be extraordinarily patchy, much like Campbell and LT (plays more like Campbell though).

Overall, I can't see him making it to our list. I think he'll earn another year as a rookie, and that'll be it for him. Shame though. Awesome name.

Delisting Swallow...? Why? We wouldn't need to.

Retirements: Thommo, Grant, Sinclair

Delistings: Grima, Sansbury, Wilsen, Davies

That's 7, how many more need to go?

Throw in leigh brown as well as delisted and promote obst off the rookie and that shud do.
Why on earth wud u delist swallow hes an injury ravaged year and will only get better in the next couple of years.
Give ben warren another year as well improved alot this year and will be better with another pre season under his belt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades,Retirements,Delistings,Elevations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back