Discussion Trades - Who should the Saints target??

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't need anymore mature age players.

We need to start developing young midfielders.

I would give our top pick for a 21yo breakout mid. Some kid that's under the radar like Farren Ray a couple of years ago.

I've had a look around at players I reckon I would trade for.

David Mackay. Needs better skills and I don't think he's getting the coaching he needs in SA.

Paddy Veszpremi. Is he injured or just not getting games?? He was good from what we did see of him.

Easton Wood. Don't reckon the bulldogs will want to give us another of their kids hehe

Clayton Hinkley. Stiff to not be getting a game at Freo. He's got good pace from what I remember.

James Polkinghorne. I reckon he's being stifled under crazy Vossy.

Not sure about Dowler.

Maybe if we can get him as a rookie it'd be worth it but with so many talls (Geartner, McEvoy, Lynch, Tommy, Stanley, Simpkin etc) I can't help but feel like we need to get some class into our young midfield.

Armo, Steven, Miles, Geary, Ali... All of them are really hard at it but I don't see the real polish ala Monty and Dal.

What would we have to give up to get Tambling? Could he turn it around in our system? Anyone else out there that we should go after in this mould? Also does anyone know the status of Everitt? We went thisclose last year and he hasn't been getting much faith from Rocket. Any chance this time around?

So, appears Adam Cockie from the Eagles has been delisted from the rookie list, might be worth a spot replacement with a late pick since hes still relatively young (21) and did have a bit of zip about him. Could maybe be worth a punt?

With a name like Cockie I'd concede that he'd almost certainly end up at Collingwood next year... they will make a play for Cox too or is that 'with'.
:)

OK I didn't know he was that bad. Tall 23 YO struggling to get into a team that has Buddy and Roughead.

Struggling for good reason.

They've tried him as a defender and that hasn't worked either.

Has a massive forehead and that's about it.

I wouldn't mind another midfielder with some serious pace. I know we have Gram and Peake but I wouldn't mind one more. Can't think of anyone off the top of my head though is there anyone like that at another club that wants out?

Hinkley has gotta be a target.

They gave him a game in Tassie so he's been about.

I just don't think Freo can afford to play anybody without a mature body being such a young team. We shouldn't have the same problem.

He's got pace, I'm sure of it.

Hinkley has gotta be a target.

They gave him a game in Tassie so he's been about.

I just don't think Freo can afford to play anybody without a mature body being such a young team. We shouldn't have the same problem.

He's got pace, I'm sure of it.

He's no faster than a Sam Gilbert, brother. Much better options out there.

Trouble is that most of the currently listed players are known commodities, and will be priced accordingly. To get a player capable of making the Saints best 22 we will have to pay for a player capable of making the Saints best 22, or take a punt on someone who is perceived to be not that good ( like Peake ).

i have seen the names peak & ray mentioned in this thread or players that have fallen out of favour.

Jordan Mcmahon....... was a pretty good outside player at the dogs & wanted to leave had 2 clubs chaseing him port & richmond and with good $$$ as well $350k to be precise lol.

did ok in his 1st year & pretty well in his 2nd espevially after rawlings took over from terry. but was always & still is hated by the tiger supporters for the pick the tigers gave up to get him (pick 19) so he was always behind the 8 ball from day 1.

hardwick comes in & pretty much doesnt get a gig & was injured in the last part of the year & no goodbye game. adios amigos

stkilda & sydney specially have been very good in recruiting player like this & turning them around, i see him as very much a Rhyce Shaw or Farren Ray type standard type player ''Runner''

would pretty much cost nothing really upgrade our 5th to your 4th which is probably 5-6 places really just to facilitate the trade or psd if you wanted

lyon was known to be intrested in him last year Any Thoughts
otherwise will be delisted this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the key is that every team needs different players to make their structure better.

We need quick smalls. Some teams have plenty because they've gotten heaps of good draft picks are turning over lots of kids and can't afford the extra small players on the ground.

I just want pace, super quick players that can crumb the ball off the deck quickly in a loose ball situation.

i have seen the names peak & ray mentioned in this thread or players that have fallen out of favour.

Jordan Mcmahon....... was a pretty good outside player at the dogs & wanted to leave had 2 clubs chaseing him port & richmond and with good $$$ as well $350k to be precise lol.

did ok in his 1st year & pretty well in his 2nd espevially after rawlings took over from terry. but was always & still is hated by the tiger supporters for the pick the tigers gave up to get him (pick 19) so he was always behind the 8 ball from day 1.

hardwick comes in & pretty much doesnt get a gig & was injured in the last part of the year & no goodbye game. adios amigos

stkilda & sydney specially have been very good in recruiting player like this & turning them around, i see him as very much a Rhyce Shaw or Farren Ray type standard type player ''Runner''

would pretty much cost nothing really upgrade our 5th to your 4th which is probably 5-6 places really just to facilitate the trade or psd if you wanted

lyon was known to be intrested in him last year Any Thoughts
otherwise will be delisted this year.

From memory he was linked to us, but there was obviously a reason he wasnt traded to us, I think we went with Peake instead.

From memory he was linked to us, but there was obviously a reason he wasnt traded to us, I think we went with Peake instead.
yes correct there was talk that lyon wanted him but the trade didnt go through , i believe because of the lovett trade & also there was a cheaper alternative in peak available at the time.

but mcmahon is as cheap as you can get know & with saints window open for another 3 years could be a good backup.

but the trade im hopeing for is nahas/armitage i truly believe this could benefit both clubs.
also there are some murmurings around that saints are also looking at polo have you guys heard anything ?

I reckon the key is that every team needs different players to make their structure better.

We need quick smalls. Some teams have plenty because they've gotten heaps of good draft picks are turning over lots of kids and can't afford the extra small players on the ground.

I just want pace, super quick players that can crumb the ball off the deck quickly in a loose ball situation.

My brother is hoping to get looked at by a club soon.
Unfortunetly in our area, its going to either be the Dogs or Geelong. (vomits)

But yeah, he would be pretty handy for us.
Over 6foot, fastest at his club by a mile, no preferred foot, plays anywhere, takes the surprise specky....

Seems to be exactly what we need ;)

There's rumblings Justin Shermin wants out of Brisbane. I'd give up our first round pick for him. Only 23YO and has pace to burn. Likes a goal too. Exactly the type of player we need i reckon. Just needs to find a bit more of the footy but hopefully that will come.

There's rumblings Justin Shermin wants out of Brisbane. I'd give up our first round pick for him. Only 23YO and has pace to burn. Likes a goal too. Exactly the type of player we need i reckon. Just needs to find a bit more of the footy but hopefully that will come.

Has an attitude problem, but if he could pull his head in I'd be happy to offer a 2nd rounder for him.

Over 6foot, fastest at his club by a mile, no preferred foot, plays anywhere, takes the surprise specky....

Inside word here people, we should list him just to get all the juicy gossip of the bloke as a young tacker to bombard him at functions with. :thumbsu: ;)

Sherman wouldn't be a bad idea. If we could get him for cheap from memory he's quick and kicks goals too. Bit strange that he wasn't getting a game though, I'd love to know why because surely he'd be looking for a change of scenery.

I've had a look around at players I reckon I would trade for.

David Mackay. Needs better skills and I don't think he's getting the coaching he needs in SA.

Paddy Veszpremi. Is he injured or just not getting games?? He was good from what we did see of him.

Easton Wood. Don't reckon the bulldogs will want to give us another of their kids hehe

Clayton Hinkley. Stiff to not be getting a game at Freo. He's got good pace from what I remember.

James Polkinghorne. I reckon he's being stifled under crazy Vossy.

Just putting it out there but what about the VFL given the success of this years recruits. I actually work with this years Liston Medal winner Shane Valenti. He was delisted from Melbourne the previous year only cause of contract constraints. Tough inside midfielder with great skills and ability to get through packs. Only 22. Thoughts....would free up our other mids to run wide and use skills. Also kicked at least 1 goal in every game this year for Port.

Sounds great, would be interesting to know where he plays. Would be nice also to have someone with that mercurial skill as it sounds by your description.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Trades - Who should the Saints target??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back