Transgender - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Or so you think, she’s actually Bigfooty’s Taylor.
Shocked Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

They will knowingly tell falsehoods and then claim victory when you run out of resources to counter their falsehoods.
99.9% of the time yes, but it's not an absolute, you think it is coz you're judging on the person rather than whatever statement they make next.

But like I said in the post you replied to, if you allow the bigot or whatever pos person term you wanna use their statement then no one can rebut that you didn't. Further credits your argument.

You're welcome.

99.9% of the time yes, but it's not an absolute, you think it is coz you're judging on the person rather than whatever statement they make next.

But like I said in the post you replied to, if you allow the bigot or whatever pos person term you wanna use their statement then no one can rebut that you didn't. Further credits your argument.

You're welcome.
And yet you'd rather argue with Chief about him not doing that, than do it yourself.
Curious

I always find the coverage interesting

Hiltz, who uses they/them pronouns, qualified for the U.S. Olympic team after winning the women’s 1,500-meter race with a final time of 3:55.33 at Hayward Field — which broke Elle St. Pierre’s U.S. trials record of 3:58.03, set in 2021

oh no they broke a record

but what kind of record, a trials record

seems it was a fast track this year, in the mens competition

For the second straight Olympic Trials, Cole Hocker outkicked the pre-race favorite to win the men’s 1500-meter title. Hocker’s winning time, 3:30.59, broke the Trials record by 3.5 seconds.

whats more interesting to me is this

Womens world record time 3:49.11
Mens world record time 3:26

so both those times while olypmic trials records for the US are well off world record pace

the question being that this is just a trial is how fast they both run at the olympics

If there wasn't an advantage in going through male puberty there wouldn't be many stories of record breaks, or even transgender athletes winning at all. Statistically (with how few there are) there just wouldn't be many at all, yet it happens often despite the small cohort. Wonder why

If there wasn't an advantage in going through male puberty there wouldn't be many stories of record breaks, or even transgender athletes winning at all. Statistically (with how few there are) there just wouldn't be many at all, yet it happens often despite the small cohort. Wonder why
they go looking for any sort of record broken though when reporting

go to the US Olympic site and there was an actual world record set during track and field, Hitz race was only listed as a PB, there were plenty of those going around

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nikki Hiltz was born a biological female and is competing in the women's track events. They have identified as non-binary/transgender based on their gender identity, but are competing in the field that matches their biology, so I'm not sure there's really any discussion here.

Once again, correct me if I'm wrong as I very well may be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know how many trans athletes there are, but I'll bet their progress is being tracked closely by a lot of shitkicker journalists

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nikki Hiltz was born a biological female and is competing in the women's track events. They have identified as non-binary/transgender based on their gender identity, but are competing in the field that matches their biology, so I'm not sure there's really any discussion here.

No idea but society has jumped the shark if she's a biological woman identifying as transgender competing in womens sport

That was my immediate take as well, although would appear to have gone unnoticed by burge/interloper/gralin. Just seems a clickbait headline with the conservative tabloids, and an own goal for those who link/share without closer inspection.

No idea but society has jumped the shark if she's a biological woman identifying as transgender competing in womens sport
why?
its the correct term, if you are non binary you are trans because you are not cis gender at that point

good to see though that someone competing in the category you say they should still cops ridicule from you for who they are though

That was my immediate take as well, although would appear to have gone unnoticed by burge/interloper/gralin. Just seems a clickbait headline with the conservative tabloids, and an own goal for those who link/share without closer inspection.
Very much a clickbait headline, and a fairly significant misreport to not at least mention they are a biological female. I know it shouldn't necessarily need to be attached to the report, but if you're going to have a headline like the one they used it makes sense to add the info to the article... unless they wanted to drum up controversy, but why would the media do that :rolleyes:

Very much a clickbait headline, and a fairly significant misreport to not at least mention they are a biological female. I know it shouldn't necessarily need to be attached to the report, but if you're going to have a headline like the one they used it makes sense to add the info to the article... unless they wanted to drum up controversy, but why would the media do that :rolleyes:
But why should they be reporting biological female in the article?

Same as you saying its ok because Hiltz is competing in the field that matches their biology so its not relevant to this thread

They are trans, there should not be a little asterix saying its ok they're really a woman, that also is not respecting their identity

You don't think society jumped the shark decades ago?

This particular situation really is a nothing burger.
I'm early 30's, I can't comment on decades ago but I struggle to think of something dumber than a biological lady competing in womens sport whilst identifying as 'transgender'. Nothing burger in that it doesn't affect many people but the stupidity of that would be laughed out of the room decades ago I'm sure

But why should they be reporting biological female in the article?

Same as you saying its ok because Hiltz is competing in the field that matches their biology so its not relevant to this thread

They are trans, there should not be a little asterix saying its ok they're really a woman, that also is not respecting their identity
Just when you think you get a grip on this subject it gets more and more absurd. This is utter lunacy, sorry

Just when you think you get a grip on this subject it gets more and more absurd. This is utter lunacy, sorry
no its not but you're definitely crossing from I'm just concerned about fairness and safety in sport into derogatory about people being transgender

I'm early 30's, I can't comment on decades ago but I struggle to think of something dumber than a biological lady competing in womens sport whilst identifying as 'transgender'. Nothing burger in that it doesn't affect many people but the stupidity of that would be laughed out of the room decades ago I'm sure
Biggest change I've seen in your lifetime when it comes to trans people is the hatred that they've been on the receiving end of over the last decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Transgender - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back