Transgender - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Link was at the bottom of post...

Here it is again....

Yeah?

View attachment 2065761
Only one person here making claims without a source, but you could also go.

or maybe this

Includes this, which sounds like an alias from a few in here.

I meant that (a DSD) was the most likely scenario, and specifically for Khelif.
They talk about it, but I'm not sure if it applies to either of the banned boxers.

They also mention if it was the case

The IOC now provides individual sporting bodies in every country with 'ten guiding principles' they can use to make their own policies.

This controversial document states that athletes with 'sex variations', another term for DSDs, have 'no presumption of advantage' and that they should be allowed to compete in the category of their gender identity.

There are exceptions, with framework stating that an 'evidence-based approach' can be used to exclude athletes who have a 'consistent unfair disproportionate advantage' or if there is an 'unpreventable risk' to the safety of other athletes.

However, some sport scientists say that, by themselves, these guidelines are wooly and open to interpretation.

They talk about it, but I'm not sure if it applies to either of the banned boxers.

They also mention if it was the case

The IOC now provides individual sporting bodies in every country with 'ten guiding principles' they can use to make their own policies.
This controversial document states that athletes with 'sex variations', another term for DSDs, have 'no presumption of advantage' and that they should be allowed to compete in the category of their gender identity.

There are exceptions, with framework stating that an 'evidence-based approach' can be used to exclude athletes who have a 'consistent unfair disproportionate advantage' or if there is an 'unpreventable risk' to the safety of other athletes.

However, some sport scientists say that, by themselves, these guidelines are wooly and open to interpretation.
No presumption of advantage? Most DSDs make little difference to the physical capabilities of the person with them and therefore the assumption should be the other way around as far as I understand it.

Regardless, given the discussion was that due to a medical issue, Khelif had abnormally high testosterone which has now been corrected, and the IBF have stated their test showed an XY chromosome, my money is on Khelif being a male with a DSD.

Last edited:
No presumption of advantage? Most DSDs make little difference to the physical capabilities of the person with them. The assumption should be the other way around as far as I understand it.

Regardless, given the discussion was that due to a medical issue, Khelif had abnormally high testosterone which has now been corrected, and the IBF have stated their test showed an XY chromosome, my money is on a
Khelif being a male with a DSD.
I haven't seen any discussion that Khelif had abnormally high testosterone (for a female or male?) or that it was corrected, because they didn't have any testosterone testing for the Olympic boxing.

But sports scientist Professor Tucker, said the absence of clear policy by the IOC in this area had allowed this situation to occur.

'Last year [Khelif and Lin] did not meet eligibility requirements and the only reason they do now is the body that did rule them ineligible has been moved aside,' he said.

'It's due to a vacuum of policy, there's no policy now.'

Professor Tucker, who has studied transgender participation in sports, added: 'The IOC framework has 10 guiding principles and one of those is no presumption of advantage, and that you should prioritise inclusion.

'They say no testing should be done, they actively discount the influence of testosterone, they start from position of not assuming advantage, which I think is crazy, and they fundamentally push for inclusion.

I haven't seen any discussion that Khelif had abnormally high testosterone (for a female or male?) or that it was corrected, because they didn't have any testosterone testing for the Olympic boxing.

But sports scientist Professor Tucker, said the absence of clear policy by the IOC in this area had allowed this situation to occur.

'Last year [Khelif and Lin] did not meet eligibility requirements and the only reason they do now is the body that did rule them ineligible has been moved aside,' he said.

'It's due to a vacuum of policy, there's no policy now.'

Professor Tucker, who has studied transgender participation in sports, added: 'The IOC framework has 10 guiding principles and one of those is no presumption of advantage, and that you should prioritise inclusion.

'They say no testing should be done, they actively discount the influence of testosterone, they start from position of not assuming advantage, which I think is crazy, and they fundamentally push for inclusion.
If inclusivity is prioritised over science, any ideology should be challenged.

Looks to me like a major issue in the Carini/Khelif case is the IOC abdicating its responsibility and trying to gaslight that everything is fine:

lol someone should ask Homer why he likes to shit on people's identities while writing as Chip

XY women exist and have given birth

high school biology is not the real world and Chip loves pushing culture wars when it comes to trans people, Khelif isn't even trans or gender fluid so this article is largely just a hatchet job

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool, new standard just dropped - posting a non-authoritive rando's tweet that supports your point of view on a subject is absolutely fine.
I've been transed into a gish-galloper!

Not to excuse KJK because she's a shitty human, but it's little wonder when we see this and are told we're terrible people for thinking it's not ok.

You don't think the path to this inevitably creates the KJKs of the world?

You made me do this!!!!!!!!

Not to excuse KJK because she's a shitty human, but it's little wonder when we see this and are told we're terrible people for thinking it's not ok.

You don't think the path to this inevitably creates the KJKs of the world?

but you are absolutely excusing her Shan

this is very much look what you made me do

its also I think backwards

Khelif competed at the last Olympics and the 2022 championships without issue

but now its an issue because some bigots have decided she's not female enough based on their hatred of trans people

but you are absolutely excusing her Shan

this is very much look what you made me do

its also I think backwards

Khelif competed at the last Olympics and the 2022 championships without issue

but now its an issue because some bigots have decided she's not female enough based on their hatred of trans people
I'm literally not excusing her, I'm trying to bring about a bit more of a meta conversation about this rather than being in the weeds of Khelif's medical status.

The fact you label anyone who sees an issue (or potential issue) with Khelif competing as a bigot says you aren't ready for it though.

I'm literally not excusing her, I'm trying to bring about a bit more of a meta conversation about this rather than being in the weeds of Khelif's medical status.

The fact you label anyone who sees an issue (or potential issue) with Khelif competing as a bigot says you aren't ready for it though.
we've got someone who assigned female at birth, who went through puberty as a female, her passport says female, she's lived her whole life as a woman

she's competed as a woman without issue until the last 2 years as the antitrans movement has ramped up

and is now being attacked as a man as if she was a trans woman

how is this not related

we've got someone who assigned female at birth, who went through puberty as a female, her passport says female, she's lived her whole life as a woman
These "facts" (specifically, the all-important one about puberty) are now being challenged. A wise person would look at the info coming out and say, "Hmm, there might be more to this than previously thought" as opposed to just digging in to support their side.

These "facts" (specifically, the all-important one about puberty) are now being challenged. A wise person would look at the info coming out and say, "Hmm, there might be more to this than previously thought" as opposed to just digging in to support their side.
Challenged where and how?

I've not seen you sitting back and waiting either when you strolled in and started calling her a biological male

Challenged where and how?

I've not seen you sitting back and waiting either when you strolled in and started calling her a biological male
I literally said it was my GUESS that Khelif has a DSD and is male, based on the information from the IBA (which is also the where and how answer to your question).

I didn't make any claims of particular knowledge of their medical issues or biological sex.

I literally said it was my GUESS that Khelif has a DSD and is male, based on the information from the IBA (which is also the where and how answer to your question).

I didn't make any claims of particular knowledge of their medical issues or biological sex.
but again this ignores the fact that there are XY women and that its not as simple as XX or XY

so you're saying the IBA holds weight and the Olympics don't which sure looks like digging in for your side without waiting for more info to me

but again this ignores the fact that there are XY women and that its not as simple as XX or XY
So you're acknowledging that Khelif has an XY chromosome and therefore a DSD, but then ignoring the very real possibility that they are therefore male? Why?

so you're saying the IBA holds weight and the Olympics don't which sure looks like digging in for your side without waiting for more info to me
Pretty sure people posted articles about how the IOC has been... questionable... at the very least regarding their management of the boxing policies. And really, the only person who would argue the IOC is any more reputable than the IBA is someone who is on the take for the IOC, which would be some beautiful irony. They are both shitty organisations. But all we know at this stage is that the IBA say they've performed tests that showed Khelif was ineligible to fight as a female and didn't appeal it, and that the IOC has performed zero testing.

So based on that, who would be digging in more then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Transgender - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back