Transgender - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Oh.

Sounds legit.
Some more info;

From the BBC article, this is a slice of how Sall Grover goes about it;

...Grover believes no human being has or can change sex - which is the pillar of gender-critical ideology.

When Tickle’s lawyer Georgina Costello KC cross examined Grover, she said:

“Even where a person who was assigned male at birth transitions to a woman by having surgery, hormones, gets rid of facial hair, undergoes facial reconstruction, grows their hair long, wears make up, wears female clothes, describes themselves as a woman, introduces themselves as a woman, uses female changing rooms, changes their birth certificate – you don’t accept that is a woman?”

“No”, Grover replied.

She also said she would refuse to address Tickle as “Ms,” and that “Tickle is a biological male.”

A hater from the outset.

The action (tickle) won out over the word (giggle)!

SEX is changeable and NOT binary!

Australian Federal Court 23/08/2024

The judge found there are 30 years of legal precedent ... that 'female' includes females with a trans history.

This isn't a new or landmark decision in that way — it is recognising ... that is a part of our existing law.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Update, since I know some people are very worried.

Went to a public toilet today. Men's toilets had sanitary bins in them.

Can confirm these had no impact whatsoever on my toilet experience. Hope that helps allay concerns some of our regular concerned posters have.
Are you sure you're ok?

Can confirm these had no impact whatsoever on my toilet experience. Hope that helps allay concerns some of our regular concerned posters have.
I'm going to fairly assume, inanimate objects like sanitary bins aren't the issue.

I'm going to fairly assume, the issue is any male can claim identity as not male and just waltz into any public female toilet as a pervert or worse.

While this is so highly unlikely to happen, it can be enabled, I'm going to fairly assume this is the issue among the 'concerned' posters. Not inanimate objects.

I'm going to fairly assume, inanimate objects like sanitary bins aren't the issue.
you'd be wrong then

there are thousands of examples of push back on this

I'm going to fairly assume, the issue is any male can claim identity as not male and just waltz into any public female toilet as a pervert or worse.
you get that this has nothing to do with trans people yeah

predators can already and have already accessed public toilets, and new flash, they don't dress as a woman to do it, they just walk in and commit an assault

linking trans women to sexual predators when trans women are statistically among the most over represented group as victims of sexual assault is just running the old gay people will assault straight people if they are allowed to use the same toilets line that was used with a lot of hostility in the 1980s and 1990s to make public toilets unsafe for gay people

While this is so highly unlikely to happen, it can be enabled, I'm going to fairly assume this is the issue among the 'concerned' posters. Not inanimate objects.
im glad you put concerned in quotes because they aren't concerned about safety they're interested in removing trans people from public spaces

They can and have done the same in male toilets too.

It is not the gender identity that matters here, it is the pervert identity.

What currently would stop someone from doing this in the first place?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RUOK??

you'd be wrong then
I'd assume it's what the object represents rather than the objects themselves
you get that this has nothing to do with trans people yeah

predators can already and have already accessed public toilets, and new flash, they don't dress as a woman to do it, they just walk in and commit an assault

linking trans women to sexual predators when trans women are statistically among the most over represented group as victims of sexual assault is just running the old gay people will assault straight people if they are allowed to use the same toilets line that was used with a lot of hostility in the 1980s and 1990s to make public toilets unsafe for gay people
I'm not advocating, I'm assuming the sentiment of those that oppose transgender, they're using (I assume) this argument to oppose, not angry at inanimate objects.

Probably a question for the 'concerned' posters, to answer though, I don't see anything that can stop anyone.
Oh are you not talking for them now?
You were quite happy to talk for them to get the conversation going in this direction, why are you getting shy now?

I'd assume it's what the object represents rather than the objects themselves

I'm not advocating, I'm assuming the sentiment of those that oppose transgender, they're using (I assume) this argument to oppose, not angry at inanimate objects.
maybe you should stop making assumptions on behalf of other people and let them speak for themselves then yeah

The problem with the bolded is that the bigoted use this argument in bad faith, yes I realize it's probably a small amount of pos people.

Not the point though is it.
the bolded is bigotry

its saying trans women are the same as cis men

that is the definition of transphobia

Never was.
no just assuming on their behalf, saying things dont happen and when you are shown evidence pretending that its not real or not what they meant or not what you meant on their behalf

its a nice little trick

you get to run the arguments then slink away without responsibility when pressured or responded to

no just assuming on their behalf, saying things dont happen and when you are shown evidence pretending that its not real or not what they meant or not what you meant on their behalf

its a nice little trick

you get to run the arguments then slink away without responsibility when pressured or responded to
You certainly have some wild imaginations going on there, assuming my position, how ironic.

The problem with the bolded is that the bigoted use this argument in bad faith, yes I realize it's probably a small amount of pos people.

Not the point though is it.
The extremes deny biology or gender identity. I feel it's possible to find a reasonable solution that won't please either of the extremities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Transgender - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back