trent croad...a tad over rated thoughts please

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by windyhill:
m.i.a v carlton ... can`t have him chooky

I dispute that he was MIA against Carlton - kicked two, created three and was our best forward after Barker. Yesterday he missed two bad ones, but got absolutely molested and didn't get a freebie at any stage - the holding in the last quarter was laughable. Strangely, the umps found time to give four against him. Umpired out of the game yesterday.

The boy is three quarters fit at the moment, and isn't playing well. He's in a slump, like Holland at the start of 1999 and Crawford at the start of 2000. It happens. We'll keep him thanks very much.

Let's call a truce until Round 10 or so, see how he comes up with a few games under his belt. If he's still down then, I'll munch some humble pie for you.

Spot on windy hill...he hasnt done anything in 3 years,..He is so overated...The Coach cant really even find a postion for him..Continually he is bumped up the by the media..In reality he hasnt done much but showed promise 3 years ago..Its time to step up...

Yep. I think we can put down Trent Croad / Chris Tarrant argument to rest and blame the Dawks supporters' niavety and ignorance for ever doubting Taz's obvious superiority. As for Hay, well the only way he could beat Tarrant in a contest a couple of weeks ago, was to swing off his shirt as highlighted on Talking Bitchmond.

And like I keep saying, Tarrant ain't fully grown yet and at the end of this season he will still be 20 years old! He's had 24 marks and 8 goals to date and I think he has been playing averagely! A couple more years work on his head and body, there is no reason he can't be at least as good as Carey!

GO PIES!

Croad v Tarrant ??

Chris Tarrant is a much better player than Croad. Week in week out Chris Tarrant delivers. They cant even establish where Croad will play up or back. Tarrant copes with the best backman week in week out. Croad never gets the best opposition player as this goes to Nick Holland.

Croad has the potential to be a good player but thats like saying Alessio has the potential to play a good game. Its good in theory but never seems to turn out that way.

APA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarrant is the same age as Croad. There are plenty of 21 year olds who deliver. Croad has to stop believing his own hype and start playing football.

APA

Tarrant any day over croad,comparisons laughable,Tarrant the class act,Croad the honest trier.

Asolutely...you can't make a comparison b/w the two. However, i'd much preder to have Tarrant in my side above Croad. Who wants a player who loves himself more than he loves football? No thanks!!

Look at all these *** essendon supporters weighing in on the croad tarrant comparison...No bragging rights so they turn to bagging a team that is winning. Croad isnt in form...he is still unfit..has had an interupted preseason....he will get better...He shouldnt be played forward though but he is there mainly to get up his fitness and also of nessecity as holland was missing for the freo game. I think the match committee have got problems finding his best possition...But i would like to see him when he gets some fitness back to be played on a wing....Essendon should look for the old addage people in glass houses shouldnt be throwing stones....Mark mercuri .....Massively overrated...payed his big paycheck youlll get 4 years of non activity and in his last year will play better to get a new contract..whats he delivered in the last 3 games....

Look i did underrate tarrant at the beggining of the season and i have eaten some humble pie as tarrant is a fantastic player...but all is not lost yet for croady.

Croad is hardly overated.
He is a real talent, lets not forget that he was playing on one of the premire backman in the league on the weekend.
Shane Parker is one of the most underated players in the competion.
Paker is rarely beaten, so lowering your colours to parker is not too big a thing.

hes fat
hes a punce
he has ****y hair
loves himself
plays for shit and piss

LOL u are delusional mate, omg if u think he is fat well then u have a problem!!!
Trent is a gun player, and yeah maybe is in a bit of a form slump but when he is playing well, hmm well no one can stop him, and someone said something bout jon hay against chris tarrant, well hay won that battle fair and square.!!!
go the hawks 2001 is the year.
obba is a gun!!!

The only reason Croad looks bad is because he has lost his spot to the best centre half back in the league - Jade Rawlings. It may take a while for Croad to find his rightful position, which I believe is up forward - but until then, and until he regains full fitness, it might be best to put all Croad vs Tarrant arguments aside. Croad had the upper hand on Tarrant until the end of last season, and we won't be much the wiser until the end of this season.

Get this guys Hawthorn are a very even side and it gets hard to stand out. No members of the all-australian despite making the finals and being up and coming. But I do think Hawks fans rate John Hay the highest.

Originally posted by RogerC:
The only reason Croad looks bad is because he has lost his spot to the best centre half back in the league - Jade Rawlings.

no way is Jade Rawlings the best CHB in the competition.

he's a Great talent and is just finding his feet, but he's still got a bit to go to be considered in the top echelon of CHB's in the AFL. He's probably top 6 or 7, but not number 1 just yet.

------------------
Join the big footy tipping competition at Footy Tips
Join the BigFooty Cricket Cup
visit the Easts Cricket Club
The ulitimate statistics reference

[This message has been edited by WCE2000 (edited 17 April 2001).]

he is handy,but if blokes like sheahan and walls continue to flog themselves over him I`ll spew....m.i.a v collingwood...m.i.a v carlton..m.i.a v freo...did not make whorethawns top ten in the b&f last year,can`t have him chooky

LOL. Cant have him LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Just keep underrating Croad, well keep him for the duration thanks. Hes mobile, big can play back or forward, but you cant have him LO LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Wonder if the Bombers would turn him away if he wanted to join them LO LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL hes only 21 for christ sake, and hes already shown plenty. Tarrant v Croad is a stupid comparison, there both vastly different players, there roles in there respective teams are vastly different. Croad against Carlton really stood up when Dutchy was forced from the ground. In the past couple of seasons Croad has done jobs in both defence and attack, hes one talented footballer and i for one Windy hope your team underrates him as well, coz im quite happy for him to do the job at Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

trent croad...a tad over rated thoughts please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back