MRP / Trib. Tribunal Thread - rules and offences discombobulation

Remove this Banner Ad

As I posted in the Mitch G thread the umpire closest (20m ish) turns and runs away. He either had his back to it, or if it happened before he turned he didn’t see it because in the vision it’s clear he didn’t blow his whistle for the free.

Looking at the vision neither of the 2 closest umpires seemed to see it, neither seems to call the free as immediately one gestures play on referring to the play happening elsewhere and both turn their backs and run off.

From vision it appears the 3rd umpire in this pic (top right corner right side of fox logo near edge of frame) might have been the one. The incident happened around where I’ve drawn the arrow, you can tell by where they’re standing on the logo when they show the zoomed in potato cam vision. The umpire is positioned so he would have been looking at the dogs players back, and Mitch directly behind him.

There was also a mass of players around there.

Watching the vision roll there wasn’t any other umpire closer with a view.

IMG_6140.jpeg

It’s obvious Mitch has been flattened from behind, (umpires have not seen or whistled this) Mitch has gotten up and retaliated and an umpire has just saw the dogs players head go back and that’s what Mitch has been pinged for.

This was during a melee where 2 dogs players went ham on jhf while he was on the ground , clawed his face , and a 3rd dog came in on jhf while he was held down.

I’m not sure why it is said the vision was unclear. I’ve seen Fox vision which clearly enough shows a swinging arm, the head go back and the player hold his face- the only unclear thing is whether it was a fist or the palm of the hand. Because it’s off the ball it is usually Intentional so he was always gone.

BZT lucky Heeney did the same thing.

Still nothing from the AFL from yesterday's games - they're probably still trying to find whatever way they can to save Heeney's Brownlow hopes. Meanwhile Rankine might be in for a NAIDOC Week sympathy discount...

Still nothing from the AFL from yesterday's games - they're probably still trying to find whatever way they can to save Heeney's Brownlow hopes. Meanwhile Rankine might be in for a NAIDOC Week sympathy discount...

I love that the crows want to do everything they can to stamp out racism in football, meanwhile Tex…….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t surprise me if they took it to the Supreme Court.
They have to go to the Appeals Board first..

And Supreme Court isnt going to hear this before the weekend.. Its not a Grand Final.

Rankine's case was another example of the MRO using his discretion, not sending it to the tribunal and giving a match penalty when a concussion has occured.

He gave him 4 games and the crows decided to appeal it.

That is either the 3rd or 4th occasion this year where he has used his discretion when the player hit, has been concussed, but has failed to explain why he used his discretion, and the media too dumb to follow up why.

I have listed the other cases in this thread. Its a subtle difference, but it should be explained why the MRO can or cant make a penalty ruling.

SPP's trial game bump on Keane, was sent straight to the tribunal. Why?? Beacuse the MRO didnt really know what penalty to give? or he wanted more than the 4 games?

The reasoning is never revealed.

Unaccountable swill continues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back