Rumour troy menzel on the move

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Jarman, Troy Bond, Kym Koster, Robran, Greg Anderson, Tony Hall, Tony McGuiness, Gavin Wanganeen, Jacobs, Eddie Betts, Angus Montfries, Scott Thompson, Schulz, etc, etc, etc
Not sure why Menzel would have a return home as a last resort. Brisbane maybe, but not us or the PAPers.

Last edited:

yeah nah they wont. Their list is actually really good
Not sure if this is 100% true but, apparently Ebert and Polec said the WA and Brisbane tap water just wasn't dirty enough.
Apparently they didn't want to go to Geelong because they were unsure of how to receive a telegram

If his name was Troy Jones, I doubt there'd be many Geelong supporters interested in him.

Handy player, but I wouldn't move heaven and earth to get him, considering everything else that Geelong is supposed to have on the go.

why so many players wanting to go to Geelong? Club will be bottom 4 in 2 years time.
I reckon Carlton will have a hard time trading all these players they don't want, none of whom are tradeable for a first round pick. Henderson is a 2nd round pick at best or just a straight swap as he looks for his 3rd club. No Carlton players are first round picks except for Gibbs and Murphy and they are not on the table.
Geelong will keep their first round pick as i believe Adelaide will match their offer for Dangerfield, Motlop will go and they will get it back, they might offer pick 28 - 30 for Henderson depending on where they finish.

why so many players wanting to go to Geelong? Club will be bottom 4 in 2 years time.

So everyone keeps saying including me when they put in a shocker, yet they keep hanging around? Players want to go to a club with good history of success, club culture, facilities and job security. Geelong on the re-build is a good place to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was supposed to be the messiah at Carlton a year ago

Like I said, I reckon he's a handy player and has the potential to be better than that. But Geelong supporters that are constantly pushing for us to get him to the club are doing it due to his surname and little else. And I think we'd only have room for one Menzel in the team anyway, which would sort of kill the romance of having them both on the list.

So everyone keeps saying including me when they put in a shocker, yet they keep hanging around? Players want to go to a club with good history of success, club culture, facilities and job security. Geelong on the re-build is a good place to be.

Plus if you tell Lachie Henderson that you've got Patrick Dangerfield, to go with Selwood/Hawkins/Duncan/Blicavs/Caddy/Guthrie/Menzel etc, you get Henderson to come along. And then you tell Scott Selwood "hey you'd be arriving with Henderson and Dangerfield", and he comes along. And you get Troy Menzel, "hey we looked after your bro, and we've got PD, Henderson and S.Selwood coming too" etc.

I don't want Troy menzel at Geelong. We don't need him. Can't get a game at carlton so.... He's like the poor man's wingard

Rebuild ? All you are doing is trying to top up while you still have a few of your premiership stars left. McIntosh, Rivers, Henderson ??

Dangerfield or no Dangerfield you will just keep hanging around the bottom of the eight for the next few years as you will win enough games at Kardinia Park but won't seriously threaten. Reckon you guys are just treading water and continue to overrate your list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebuild ? All you are doing is trying to top up while you still have a few of your premiership stars left. McIntosh, Rivers, Henderson ??

Dangerfield or no Dangerfield you will just keep hanging around the bottom of the eight for the next few years as you will win enough games at Kardinia Park but won't seriously threaten. Reckon you guys are just treading water and continue to overrate your list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What would you have them do? Sink to the bottom for years and start all over again? Of course they are rebuilding, of course you get in top ups. Geelong lost Vardy for almost 2 years, they lost Menzal for 4 years. The haven't bottomed out like the Saints and Dogs for years and haven't completely collapsed like the Bombers and Blues, Brisbane is a basket case so i'm not certain what direction you're heading with the criticism of Geelong? Overate the list? They just touched up the Swans and Bulldogs in the past 6 weeks, they are vigorously recruiting for 2016 and have some 5 or 6 teenagers in the team that are progressing nicely. Caddy was subbed off at half time last night and that hurt. The Saints have been a wild card all year and can produce good footy, they cleaned up North in the first half last week so it came as no surprise that they would be no easybeats. Henderson is only 25, Dangerfield is only 25, Selwood is only 25, so they are pursuing players for long term 5 or 6 years, not just top ups. Whether they get them all remains to be seen. I regard any criticism of Geelong as just "tall poppy" stuff, as a long time fan we were never tall poppies until 2007 and have struggled like the all the rest.

I reckon Carlton will have a hard time trading all these players they don't want, none of whom are tradeable for a first round pick. Henderson is a 2nd round pick at best or just a straight swap as he looks for his 3rd club. No Carlton players are first round picks except for Gibbs and Murphy and they are not on the table.
Geelong will keep their first round pick as i believe Adelaide will match their offer for Dangerfield, Motlop will go and they will get it back, they might offer pick 28 - 30 for Henderson depending on where they finish.

A non performing first round pick is no longer worth a first round pick. That sums up Menzel. I do remember watching him on a good day and the kid has talent for sure. He looked a class above when he is up and going. But to date he hasn't delivered much.

Yarran has performed at the level to justify his first round draft position and his issue is attitude, not ability. Again though he will slip lower than his initial draft position, late first rounder (Richmonds / West Coasts) this year 17-19.

Henderson is KP and can play back or forward. That always means clubs pay a bit of a premium. Henderson I expect should fetch a pick between 17 - 25 with a later pick also needing some later round pick exchanges to sweeten the deal or a fringe player not getting opportunities.

Freo should be all over Henderson. Freo's pick 18>20 would be right on the money.

Darren Jarman, Troy Bond, Kym Koster, Robran, Greg Anderson, Tony Hall, Tony McGuiness, Gavin Wanganeen, Jacobs, Eddie Betts, Angus Montfries, Scott Thompson, Schulz, etc, etc, etc
Not sure why Menzel would have a return home as a last resort. Brisbane maybe, but not us or the PAPers.
Good reply to a gobsmackingly stupid comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour troy menzel on the move

Remove this Banner Ad

Back