Rumour troy menzel on the move

Remove this Banner Ad

No direct quote from his manager, but word in club is he wants to go to Melbourne, everything in the press says he wants to go to Melbourne and that includes the SA press.

Would be amazed if he ended up back in Adelaide as alleged that he doesn't want to play in the family shadow.

(for those not familiar with Aish family in SA football, father was premiership player, uncle Magarey Medalist, inaugural SA Hall of Fame inductee and increasingly growing to be an AFL HOF inductee, grandfather also captain of Norwood)
Think our club has become less interested in him as time goes on, anyway.

They can offer 28-30; that won't get them Henderson.

I'm have no doubt clubs will offer Carlton a first rounder for him so he will end up at one of those clubs...hopefully they are in premiership contention so he can enjoy his footy.
Then good luck to those clubs who give up their first round pick on a player going to his 3rd club and is clearly only worth a 2nd round pick. I sincerely hope Geelong are not that stupid and desperate.
No Carlton player on their list apart from Gibbs and Murphy are worth a 1st round pick.

Then good luck to those clubs who give up their first round pick on a player going to his 3rd club and is clearly only worth a 2nd round pick. I sincerely hope Geelong are not that stupid and desperate.
No Carlton player on their list apart from Gibbs and Murphy are worth a 1st round pick.
Yeah that Cripps fellow wouldn't be worth a first round pick

yep, you keep believing that
Lol.
Tom Lynch 2015 stats
Ranked No1 in the AFL for goal assists per game
Ranked No1 in the AFL for goal assist total
Ranked No8 in the AFl for total marks
Ranked No9 in the AFL for marks per game.
Average possessions = 19.5
Average goals per game = 1.3
Average supercoach points = 86.8

Troy Menzel 2015 stats
Not ranked in the top 50 for anything of value.
Average possessions = 9.2
Average goals per game = 1.1
Average supercoach points = 48.4

Anytime you want to put a case up for Menzel (that guy playing in the reserves for one of the weakest sides in the game) being better than Lynch please go ahead.
Talk about not having a clue.

Lol.
Tom Lynch 2015 stats
Ranked No1 in the AFL for goal assists per game
Ranked No1 in the AFL for goal assist total
Ranked No8 in the AFl for total marks
Ranked No9 in the AFL for marks per game.
Average possessions = 19.5
Average goals per game = 1.3
Average supercoach points = 86.8

Troy Menzel 2015 stats
Not ranked in the top 50 for anything of value.
Average possessions = 9.2
Average goals per game = 1.1
Average supercoach points = 48.4

Anytime you want to put a case up for Menzel (that guy playing in the reserves for one of the weakest sides in the game) being better than Lynch please go ahead.
Talk about not having a clue.

You would likely be aware that past performances do not always predict future returns.

Menzel has had a whopping 111 disposals in 12 games this year, has a solitary goal assist and has 13 of his own. In other words is involved in a goal every 7.9 possessions.

Lynch : is every 7 possessions. Just using your numbers above, ie 19 av possies, GA 1.4 and 1.3 goals per game)

I'm not sure that's quite the level of dominance you were expecting? You know your hugely talented player in a finals bound side takes on average 1 less possession to be involved in a goal than that guy who's been playing reserves for the weakest team in the comp (and with one arm for long stretches).

Oh and your bloke is also 4 years older.

I did say you were allowed to keep thinking whatever you like, just like you're allowed to use supercoach points as "evidence".

Who the **** are you, Matthew Lloyd? Clubs will pay a premium for anyone over 195cms as long as they are not rucks. Someone will pony up a first of that I have no doubt.

Your club will give up a first round pick for him. If not, another club will.

25yr KPP's who are former first round picks and can play at either end of the ground don't grow on trees. He will be a gun for a team like Geelong and everyone knows it.

25yr KPP's who are former first round picks and can play at either end of the ground don't grow on trees. He will be a gun for a team like Geelong and everyone knows it.
Going to his 3rd club? I don't think so. Geelong are not that stupid. Henderson is not their main target.

Who the **** are you, Matthew Lloyd? Clubs will pay a premium for anyone over 195cms as long as they are not rucks. Someone will pony up a first of that I have no doubt.
Someone else can as long as it isn't Geelong. No Carlton player on the market is worth a 1st round pick let alone a bloke on his way to his 3rd club. Geelong will NOT be giving up pick 9 or 10 or whatever it is for Henderson, if some other club is silly enough to do so then good luck to them.

Carlton fans are expecting huge returns for Yarran, Menzal and Henderson, expect to be disappointed.

Someone else can as long as it isn't Geelong. No Carlton player on the market is worth a 1st round pick let alone a bloke on his way to his 3rd club. Geelong will NOT be giving up pick 9 or 10 or whatever it is for Henderson, if some other club is silly enough to do so then good luck to them.

Carlton fans are expecting huge returns for Yarran, Menzal and Henderson, expect to be disappointed.

OK, we'll see. I'll be really surprised if Yarran & Hendo, (in particular), are not worth more than you rec'd for Christensen or paid for Stanley. Only slightly mind you, a mid to late first rather than a very early 2nd

Last edited:
I respect that this is your opinion, but it appears naive.

Firstly, I'm not really sure what relevance Henderson going to his third club has to do with his value?
Mumford is on his third club and GWS gave up heaps for him;
Greg Wiliams won two brownlows playing for three clubs.

We will get a first rounder for Yarran if Bolton doesn't talk him out of leaving.
Geelong will give up a first rounder for hendo
We will be given a first rounder (pick 3) if Kruez takes up the bullies offer.
17 clubs would give up their first two picks and a small nation for Cripps

Let's revisit this post after the trade period.

Going to his 3rd club? I don't think so. Geelong are not that stupid. Henderson is not their main target.
Why does it matter he's going to a 3rd club? Geelong picked up Mitch Clark who had been to 2 different clubs and chose to leave both under controversial circumstances.

Hendo was traded to Carlton before he was even AFL standard because we needed something/anything for Fev. He didn't choose to leave or request a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I respect that this is your opinion, but it appears naive.

Firstly, I'm not really sure what relevance Henderson going to his third club has to do with his value?
Mumford is on his third club and GWS gave up heaps for him;
Greg Wiliams won two brownlows playing for three clubs.

We will get a first rounder for Yarran if Bolton doesn't talk him out of leaving.
Geelong will give up a first rounder for hendo
We will be given a first rounder (pick 3) if Kruez takes up the bullies offer.
17 clubs would give up their first two picks and a small nation for Cripps

Let's revisit this post after the trade period.
Lol this is hilarious.

Lol. What did your mob give up for Stanley? What did WCE give up for Wellingham....? What did Melbourne give up for Dawes?

Expect to be surprised

Lol. What did your mob give up for Stanley? What did WCE give up for Wellingham....? What did Melbourne give up for Dawes?

Expect to be surprised
Irrelevant. Stanley was a very good pick up and Christensen looks spent, sounds to me like a good deal? NO player at Carlton on the move has proved he is a 1st round selection on performance, it would be totally insane to give up pick 9 or 10 for Henderson who is going to his 3rd club! Geelong are after a number of players and may still need that early pick for a bigger fish! I repeat...NO current Carlton player is worth a 1st round pick except Gibbs and Murphy and they are not up for grabs. If some desperate team wants to give Carlton their first pick for Henderson then 'golly gee' Brendon Bolton will be a happy man, it won't be Geelong!

Irrelevant. Stanley was a very good pick up and Christensen looks spent, sounds to me like a good deal? NO player at Carlton on the move has proved he is a 1st round selection on performance, it would be totally insane to give up pick 9 or 10 for Henderson who is going to his 3rd club! Geelong are after a number of players and may still need that early pick for a bigger fish! I repeat...NO current Carlton player is worth a 1st round pick except Gibbs and Murphy and they are not up for grabs. If some desperate team wants to give Carlton their first pick for Henderson then 'golly gee' Brendon Bolton will be a happy man, it won't be Geelong!

I look forward to pick 9 or 10 from your mob... good times ahead

You would likely be aware that past performances do not always predict future returns.

Menzel has had a whopping 111 disposals in 12 games this year, has a solitary goal assist and has 13 of his own. In other words is involved in a goal every 7.9 possessions.

Lynch : is every 7 possessions. Just using your numbers above, ie 19 av possies, GA 1.4 and 1.3 goals per game)

I'm not sure that's quite the level of dominance you were expecting? You know your hugely talented player in a finals bound side takes on average 1 less possession to be involved in a goal than that guy who's been playing reserves for the weakest team in the comp (and with one arm for long stretches).

Oh and your bloke is also 4 years older.

I did say you were allowed to keep thinking whatever you like, just like you're allowed to use supercoach points as "evidence".
Talk about stretching to try and vindicate your opinion. Lynch is well above Menzel, and your comment about this Tom Lynch not being the good one makes you look stupid. You obviously don't watch much other than Carlton games.

Talk about stretching to try and vindicate your opinion. Lynch is well above Menzel, and your comment about this Tom Lynch not being the good one makes you look stupid. You obviously don't watch much other than Carlton games.

It's not stretching to say that Menzel is as efficient as Lynch when influencing the scoreboard, (your chosen measure), from very limited opportunity, is 4 years younger and frankly has a much higher ceiling.

Each to their own. You would be well advised to change your tone though, makes you come across as an overly aggressive and posturing git; and I'm sure that's not your intention.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour troy menzel on the move

Remove this Banner Ad

Back