U19 U/19 South(2) 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

i went down and watched de la vs hampton and it was a credit to South 2. the hardest game of footy ive watched this year and makes the girls in the premier division look like kids. there were bodies flying everywhere at every contest, look like one big street brawl but there was nothing really dirty going on. the only incident was a hampton player striking a de la player for no apparant reason but he was sited by the umpire. hampton set the tone physically and to de las credit they didnt back off.

when hampton kicked the the first 5 or 6 points in a row for the game it looked like they were going to smash de la. hampton had an inpentratable wall set up across their half foward line. de la eventually realised short kicking was the option and ended kicking the first 6 out of 7 goals. if hampton had have been accurate who knows what might have happened.

but back to the physicality it was a credit to football and i definately want to watch these sides again come finals. a breath of fresh air from seeing the rubbish peninsula, melb high, st bedes, parkdale, p/caulf play.

if hampton had a better forward line they would be almost on the top and de las smalls in the mid field have never got a mention on here but they are unbelievably ballsy and talented.

final thought: the top 4 won't change and any side in it can beat any other, making for a good final series to a relatively lackluster season

Agreed

Impressive game of football. Hampton on top for the first 20 minutes and it seemed De La were not even going to get near the footy, but thereafter they took control and ran all over Hampton. It was a tough game of football, and the accusations floating around about Hampton being "snipers" would be unture, apart from the one incident. A few of their players have short fuses, but they are just hard at it and they had De La under physical pressure the whole day. Skill levels were slightly down on previous games from both teams, the pressure and weather may have attributed to this.

haha on ya mate, but sucking vafafans ____ wont get you anywhere in life.
hahaa another typical mhs ______? how many have u met in the flesh?
we may be ordinary at footy but we recently received the ' team good bloke award' at the main award ceremony last week. You can't argue with resuts.

seriously though , its high time you and the others around these parts begin to detect a wind up and maybe just ignore it, instead of repeatedly taking the bait. Or keep doing it, im easy. I love it.

kind regards,
Dennis Pagans nutsack

the team good bloke award... is that like the coaches award ?

Just like the headbut AFLSuperstar?....Still waiting to hear your version of that by the way.

Glad to hear De La got up. Been really impressed with them of late.

I wouldn't hold your breath....and let me straighten something out for you. I think your a bit confused as to where i stand on the matter of thuggery on the footy field. I dont think throwing punches and headbutting people is acceptable. The few boys that have done it this year i think were wrong in doing so but loyalty isn't standing by someone when he's right... that's good judgement. loyalty is standing by someone when he's wrong

tips for this week
st bedes to beat p/caulfield by 10 points
peninsula to beat parkdale by 15 points
de la to beat MHSOB by 60 points
ajax to beat bentleigh by 45 points

match of the round:
monash to beat hampton by 40 points

bentleigh would want to beat either ajax this week or de la next week to have a realistic chance at finals i'd say

St Bedes to down Prahran Caulfield by 19 Points
Peninsula over Parkdale by 25 Points
De La Salle to beat MHSOB by 90 Points
Bentleigh to down Ajax by 5 Points
Monash over Hampton by 55 Points

Im tipping a Bentleigh win, dont really know why just think they are highly underated, can take it up to Ajax and even get over the line!

Good Luck to all

I totally agree!!The top four at the moment looks ominous to stay the way it is, however if bentleigh are win this week under lights against ajax, then the race to the finals starts to heat up!!!have u seen bentleighs run home!!!!!somethin like 6 of the last 7 games are at home....
Monash way too good for hampton this week

Bedes came back from 4 goals down around mid way through the last quarter to beat prahan/caufield by 9 points.
Good win by the tiges considering they kicked the first 2 goals of the last before PC kicked the next two to again lead by 24 points. Most teams would have dropped their heads but the the tiges kept coming and kicked the next 5 to take the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bedes came back from 4 goals down around mid way through the last quarter to beat prahan/caufield by 9 points.
Good win by the tiges considering they kicked the first 2 goals of the last before PC kicked the next two to again lead by 24 points. Most teams would have dropped their heads but the the tiges kept coming and kicked the next 5 to take the win.

Best win evar!

Really shouldn't have been in that position to start with though...played some really bad footy for the first 3 quarters.

Lol, shoulda seen the brawl that broke out just after we left the changerooms, not sure what happened, but apparently one of our rednuts is '____ed'. :D

Hampton put in a good show against a severely depleted Monash, from the boundary i heard there were a couple of unsavoury incidents, anyone know the details about these?

'Severely depleted?' didnt look that way....id say they had a full side from the looks of things.
Did hampton even have a ruckman? there wasnt a bloke on the field over 6 foot, compared to monash, who have an average height of 7 foot...definately some tall timber in that mob.

The boundary stuff was just abit of talk between a team manager from monash and the hampton coach..i think a few spectators got into the mix as well.

Full credit to the rovers....tipped to lose by over 50 to the top side, managed to hang in it without any big men. Awesome game!

'Severely depleted?' didnt look that way....id say they had a full side from the looks of things.
Did hampton even have a ruckman? there wasnt a bloke on the field over 6 foot, compared to monash, who have an average height of 7 foot...definately some tall timber in that mob.

The boundary stuff was just abit of talk between a team manager from monash and the hampton coach..i think a few spectators got into the mix as well.

Full credit to the rovers....tipped to lose by over 50 to the top side, managed to hang in it without any big men. Awesome game!

Its quite well known come the UNI break, that all the guys that reside on campus go home.

Id be surprised if they were full strength.

There bench size is usually the indication of that. How many did they have on the bench for the game?

I'd suggest that the rovers were more severly depleted than Monash

i traveled down and had a look at this game cause i new that the rovers would put in a much better performance than last time. It was pleasing to see the rovers put in a good performance and almost pinch an upset win. From what i could see Monash had 2 on the bench in the first half and then 1 in the second half. They also had a a blood role with about 5 mins left in the game and the had only 17 on the ground at this stage. but full credit to the rovers showed that they can match it with the Monash and come finals time i think they should b feared as a real force.

I think everyone should stop complaining about teams being depleted, because at this time of the year, most teams have number issues, and is probably missing 5 of their best players.

So it means a few closer games, and maybe some upsets. But it irrelevant talking about who you are missing, because u can only beat the players that are out there on the night.

Hampton did well to get close to monash but still haven't beaten anyone decent this whole year. Will struggle in finals.

Monash still the team to beat. De La improving and will play finals.

As for Ajax, it was a tough match last night against bentleigh, winning by 5 points in the dark (yes the dark). Was about 5 goals down at one stage, but fought back well for a good win.

Lots of stuff behind the play by the bentleigh players, no discipline at all probably cost them the game in the last quarter. Pretty stupid, because it was a good game except for a few bentleigh head hunters.

I am astounded that no-one has covered the ugly incidents that marred the great game between the jackas and Bentleigh.

Throughout the entire game Bentleigh gave cheap shots to the ribs and knees to the back and while these little dog acts are part and parcel of Under 19 footy what happened after the game is inexcusable in all walks of society.

After the game, the Ajax boys went to shake hands with the Bentleigh team some of whom refused to shake hands with us no doubt becuase of our race. I even heard one of thier players yell i hate f**cking jews. What ensued was disgraceful with some of their players and dropkick freinds invading the field and then vandalising the Ajax players' cars and forcing the jackas boys to call the police so they could get home safely.

This is a disgrace and the Bentleigh players, coaches and parents should be utterly ashamed. Granted some of the Ajax supporters also behaved immaturely but it was all instigated by Bentleigh's anti-semitic attitude. I hope further action is taken as Bentleigh should be ashamed.

Choofay

PS. Rodwell and #7 need to get off the juice, it reduces production when they drop the soap with their fellow inmates.

I'd suggest that the rovers were more severly depleted than Monash

Too right, guns in the 1s, big name players suffering injuries and people on holidays really depleted the side. The rovers will only get better as the season goes on.
PS, does anyone know who mumford is? He manages to make inciteful posts yet still maintains his anonymity.

mmm every team is depleted at this stage of the year - just depends how they cope with it i guess. i saw a hampton player hit one of the monash boys in the chin..it might be one player who does it i don't know, but it isn't good for the reputation of the hampton side.

I am astounded that no-one has covered the ugly incidents that marred the great game between the jackas and Bentleigh.

Throughout the entire game Bentleigh gave cheap shots to the ribs and knees to the back and while these little dog acts are part and parcel of Under 19 footy what happened after the game is inexcusable in all walks of society.

After the game, the Ajax boys went to shake hands with the Bentleigh team some of whom refused to shake hands with us no doubt becuase of our race. I even heard one of thier players yell i hate f**cking jews. What ensued was disgraceful with some of their players and dropkick freinds invading the field and then vandalising the Ajax players' cars and forcing the jackas boys to call the police so they could get home safely.

This is a disgrace and the Bentleigh players, coaches and parents should be utterly ashamed. Granted some of the Ajax supporters also behaved immaturely but it was all instigated by Bentleigh's anti-semitic attitude. I hope further action is taken as Bentleigh should be ashamed.

Choofay

PS. Rodwell and #7 need to get off the juice, it reduces production when they drop the soap with their fellow inmates.

"no doubt because of our race" ??? Hello? stop looking for excuses. It is not because of your race, it is because your club behaves appallingly. Your club has no respect in the broader amatuer football community. It isn't your race, it is your behaviour.

But congratulatutions on achieving, in your mind, the status of victim. You have worked hard to achieve it - now you have it - good work.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 South(2) 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back