U19 U/19 South(2) 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

U have got to b kiddding! i went down to watch this game and at no stage other than the "first ten minutes" did melb high look like being in the game. any1 who went down would agree it was an absolute flogging. Im sure Melb high will bounce back though iv'e heard afew players were missing.

Secondly, ajax had a winner almost in every possition across the ground....Mh had afew winners(number 3), and another small toughnut but other then that were outclassed. Interesting to note number 23 got 180 DT point and was on 11 at qtr time...pretty massive

MHS were discustingly bad theres no doubting this.
Injuries and 1st selection have influenced team performance undoubtingly, saturday was another example of this with MHS playing the last quarter and a half with 14 fit players, 16 on the field.
Injuries will continue to cause havoc among the team, with a broken jaw, busted AC joint, hip strain and a badly fractured finger to a small toughnut all resulting from the game against ajax, which will affect numbers in the following weeks.

Like all teams, injuries affect performance at varying intensities....it just so happens that weve been hit hard early in the season.

and on a side note, if #23 could learn to kick, he'd be a very very good footballer

*edit

I think home ground advantage was worth atleast 100-110 points, so really if you look at it reasonably.....it was a gallant 5 goal loss. Its these close losses that really frustrate a side, if we had just layed that one more shepard or didnt rush that behind....arghhh we will rue this defeat.

MHS were missing some very good players and there were quite a few injuries so next time these two teams meet i think it'll be alot closer.

In regards to the goose number 23, its easy to kick goals when your team is dominating. Didn't see the kid in the first half when the game was sort of in the balance.
Kicked 5.8 or whatever it was, maybe he should be instructed to pass the ball as he clearly cant kick at goal

U have got to b kiddding! i went down to watch this game and at no stage other than the "first ten minutes" did melb high look like being in the game. any1 who went down would agree it was an absolute flogging. Im sure Melb high will bounce back though iv'e heard afew players were missing.

Secondly, ajax had a winner almost in every possition across the ground....Mh had afew winners(number 3), and another small toughnut but other then that were outclassed. Interesting to note number 23 got 180 DT point and was on 11 at qtr time...pretty massive

whoever he is, apparently he's a winner

Secondly, ajax had a winner almost in every possition across the ground....Mh had afew winners(number 3), and another small toughnut but other then that were outclassed. Interesting to note number 23 got 180 DT points and was on 11 at qtr time...pretty massive

Sh*t... should of had him as captain!

Expect a season turn around from de la, looks like injuries clearing and boys getting confidence back
dont count them out just yet

Tigers on their way back... 2 teams that havent won a game in the next 2 weeks, and we were gallant in defeat to 'High School' and Ajax.......So yeah, premiership favourites for shiz, and we should be in premier division in no time.

Hampton run will be too much for monash, altough as monash a much bigger side, i doubt have the capactiy to match hampton speed and fitness. Should be a cracker though, and the tigers priemership favourites, wat a joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hampton run will be too much for monash, altough as monash a much bigger side, i doubt have the capactiy to match hampton speed and fitness. Should be a cracker though, and the tigers priemership favourites, wat a joke

I saw this match today. Mainly due to its "Match of the Day" status.

The only thing I saw from Hampton was the innate ability to kick the ball blindly to nothing, then hope they'd run onto it (front running). Sure that might work on their ground with wide open spaces.

Not too mention some absolute failed attempts at heroics by some members of the team to throw elbows...frankly that stuff should not be on from quite a well respected team/club

Monash in the second half were a solid a team I have seen. Ball movement was really good, as is their ability in the air.

They were enjoyable to watch and wouldn't hesitate to see that mob play again.

Monash and ajax have clearly established themselves as the ones to beat.
Hampton are there abouts but cant see them beating either of monash or ajax.
De La seem there abouts also after a big win over MHSOB, who are supposedly ravaged by injury.
Mentone are an ordinary unit who have beaten some shite teams, dont count them in

It is very clear that it is between Monash and Ajax.
The clear advantage Monash has is its height.
This will trouble Ajax as their ruck division is as good as my boys Auskick team!

It is very clear that it is between Monash and Ajax.
The clear advantage Monash has is its height.
This will trouble Ajax as their ruck division is as good as my boys Auskick team!

Ajax with no ruck division is still unbeaten and on top of the ladder!
Who needs ruckmen?
As far as height is concerned, the ball is on the ground more than in the air and Ajax has a superb running side. I'll back Ajax every time..

Agree that Ajax are a good side, monash and hampton not far behind.

I think De La should not be counted out, lost to monash by a goal and not far off hampton, were undermaned against Ajax - smashed Melbourne High

Sneak into the four and make some of the big boys shake in their boots

Good point god yeah, i think people forget de la were in front of monash all day and lost by a goal, and went down to hampton by 4 points.. they are a darky!!

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 South(2) 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back