U19 U/19 South(2) 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Symington from Monash has been hampered by injuries, but when fit is by far the best player in the comp - his second half of the season will see him sweep the b&f.

ill give you the hot tip for b and f this year...its gotta be that big full back from monash Powell he looks like a real gun out there

Symington from Monash has been hampered by injuries, but when fit is by far the best player in the comp - his second half of the season will see him sweep the b&f.
thats the biggest joke i've ever heard.
struggled to make a ones match for wes!

So what your saying is that you dont need smart players in 19's South (2), and just brawn?

____en hell, the rule applies exactly the same in any league in Australia.

Ajax are a good example. They arent neccesarily big at all but use the ball well and play to their strengths. They play smart footy.

On the contrary bentleigh are more of a bash and crash team, and look at the difference in ladder positions.

any chance of you making a sensible comment this year knackers? i think we've all heard about enough of your dribble. brains are important but you can't just say a smart player will be a better player. number 7 for bentleigh i doubt would have the best skills in the world but when he attacks the ball or player he is a gun and smart, pussy players get out the way(i think he will poll votes this year). a nut job can have easily more of an impact than a smart player, especially at this level where you can belt someone and not get reported. i've known hundreds of players who can read the play but the ones i remember, the ones worth watching generally, are the ones that go in hard (fair or not).

i hope bentleigh players read the shit this fool is saying and take it out on MHSOB.

it's almost impossible to guess the league b&f in u/19's because the umpires have no idea about the players. they throw any number down they can remember. you will suprised when the results come out at some of the players to poll votes in games

any chance of you making a sensible comment this year knackers? i think we've all heard about enough of your dribble. brains are important but you can't just say a smart player will be a better player. number 7 for bentleigh i doubt would have the best skills in the world but when he attacks the ball or player he is a gun and smart, pussy players get out the way(i think he will poll votes this year). a nut job can have easily more of an impact than a smart player, especially at this level where you can belt someone and not get reported. i've known hundreds of players who can read the play but the ones i remember, the ones worth watching generally, are the ones that go in hard (fair or not).

i hope bentleigh players read the shit this fool is saying and take it out on MHSOB.

it's almost impossible to guess the league b&f in u/19's because the umpires have no idea about the players. they throw any number down they can remember. you will suprised when the results come out at some of the players to poll votes in games

i agree, esepically if we have umpires like the one in the parkdale vs mshob game. The old fart with the bung eye talked about his wife, and how she didn't give him any pocket money for the coin toss, for a good 5 mintues. With guys like that choosing bog then it pretty much is luck.

exactly. footy is meant to be played hard. AFL is turning into a game more about smarts. and guess what.....ITS BORING FOOTY!

Be that as it may, players who snipe in 19's are absolute pathetic and get seriously exploited when/if they get promoted to the 1's, where its not tolerated. Players who are sheer brute force tend to dominate lower divisions and seal their fate of mediocrity in this lower level, as their style of play is not always specifically conducive to senior footy, where more fluent and structured football is played.

Obviously players with brains who are ________s are absolutely useless and Im not defending those types at all. Going in hard is an absolute essential at all levels.

Looking at it rationally, there are players in 19's that do dominate due to big hitting ( whether it be fair or behind play) and tend to excel at this level, but in the general development of a footballer when they hit a higher level their lack of smarts and awareness often prove to be a downfall even though their original playing style of force and brawn is maintained.

And to say nothing of what ive previously said is sensible at all, is abit of an oversight really. If you're going to remain credible, acknowledge content when its due.

And in terms of results.
MHSOBA played pretty ordinary again , no excuses, we are not a finals side.

Lucky to kick 7.4 to 0.2 in the last quarter to win by 11 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ill give you the hot tip for b and f this year...its gotta be that big full back from monash Powell he looks like a real gun out there

He is an absolute superstar, unfortunately i have only seen him play a few matches. The problem i see is that he can often spend a lot of time out of play, due to monash being dominant. Also back men tend to be overlooked... a lot.

Bedas actually did alright to be honest. We were down 31-1 at qtr time, but after that only lost by a goal. I think the end scores were like 43-86 or somewhere around there.

Even though the game was pretty much over at quarter time, we didn't put our heads down n matched em for the last 3 quarters.

But yeah, they're an awesome side. And they're so flipping big, I mean their wingman was like the size of our ruckman. Dont think we took a contested mark all day. :p

Bedas actually did alright to be honest. We were down 31-1 at qtr time, but after that only lost by a goal. I think the end scores were like 43-86 or somewhere around there.

Even though the game was pretty much over at quarter time, we didn't put our heads down n matched em for the last 3 quarters.

But yeah, they're an awesome side. And they're so flipping big, I mean their wingman was like the size of our ruckman. Dont think we took a contested mark all day. :p

Game was over at half time and to St Bedes credit they took the honors in the 2nd half diminated quite frankly around the ground, just struggled a little down 4ward other then that they had a real crack n shown up the top of the ladder side a fair bit!!!

Saw hampton yesterday stumble over the line against bentleigh - not impressive at all... can't wait for the battle of the pretenders next week.

any reports from games? i went down to de la vs. parkdale and let me tell you it was the most boring game i have ever watched. de la probably should have won by 50 goals (literally). parkdale were the softest team i have ever seen and when they play against a rough team they are in big trouble

match of next round easily will be hampton vs ajax. do hampton have any chance do you think?

He is an absolute superstar, unfortunately i have only seen him play a few matches. The problem i see is that he can often spend a lot of time out of play, due to monash being dominant. Also back men tend to be overlooked... a lot.

The question is - what is Jimmy Powell doing down back?
The guy can kick goals from outside 50!

Game was over at half time and to St Bedes credit they took the honors in the 2nd half diminated quite frankly around the ground, just struggled a little down 4ward other then that they had a real crack n shown up the top of the ladder side a fair bit!!!

Yeah, not the greatest forward line in the league... :D No standout awesome forward unfortunately.

Oh and I meant we only lost by a goal after half time, had a feeling I'd get screamed at for saying after quarter time!

Dunno how we lost to Parky, will cost us. Hopefully we can say it was the weathers fault by winnin by 20 goals next time round. :p

Saw hampton yesterday stumble over the line against bentleigh - not impressive at all... can't wait for the battle of the pretenders next week.

Timmy you would have to be the biggest wank going around. Your obviously a huge star who doesn't play, just goes along to bag other teams and talk up yours. Get a life mate.
Also, would have thought a team that turns a 40 point defecit into a win deserves a little credit, although if it came from you it wouldn't be worth s**t.

Timmy you would have to be the biggest wank going around. Your obviously a huge star who doesn't play, just goes along to bag other teams and talk up yours. Get a life mate.
Also, would have thought a team that turns a 40 point defecit into a win deserves a little credit, although if it came from you it wouldn't be worth s**t.

i wouldnt go around saying stuffy lyk get a life mate.

timmy just says it for how it is. there are that many teams on here complaining about the littles things at least he comes out and says it how it is.

u shouldnt of let bentleigh get infront of 40 points. thats ur fault for playing a s**t style of footy in the first quater. theres a few teams in this competition that once are given a sniff will take it.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 South(2) 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back