MMA-UFC UFC 305: Du Plessis vs Adesanya @ Perth (August 18, 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep lot of ex pat Saffers in Perth, Im assuming DDP is aware of this as well.

I think Strickland was favoured in Sydney against Izzy so he’s probably not going to be surprised
Izzy is pretty arrogant/delusional though. Surely he thinks he's the popular one in this fight? Hope so anyway, hope he thinks he'll be cheered and walks out to a chorus of boos...

His race baiting nonsense is bizarre in this fight. I'm no DDP fan, he's an honest tryer and little more imo but he seems a way better bloke than Izzy. Hoping for a KO

1723547954292.png

Bog average card here, though finishing with four bangers.

du Plessis vs Adesanya - Seems insane, considering DDP is on paper an ideal fight for Izzy, but I just can't tip against him now. I think he pressures the hell out of Izzy, who once again fails to handle it.
KKF vs Erceg - I think Erceg is just better.
Gamrot vs Hooker - The Hooker who showed up to the last two fights can make this interesting, but stylistically it's a tough ask for him.
Tuivasa vs Rozenstruik - Very good chance for Tai to get back in the winner's circle. Still a tough ask, but I'm backing him.
Jingliang vs Prates - I love Li, but Prates has looked excellent so far in his UFC career, and they're probably passing each other by in their respective trajectories.

Lots of Aussies to see (obviously), so should be a good morning anyway.

A few days out from the event and this thread has one reply in the last month lol

Is bigfooty pretty much on its way to the grave?

Seems like it.

A few days out from the event and this thread has one reply in the last month lol

Seems like it.

This is a fairly niche part of the site I'd imagine, few consistent posters, though unfortunately burge13 seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Seems like it.

BF is stale, UFC has gone downhill and boxing events are quite lame for the most part.
At least this UFC PPV is pretty cool but I think DC is even in Australia to f it up. 🤯
Listen La La La GIF by Extreme Improv

Last edited:
Lol DDP makes Izzy cry, that's his last 2 opponents.
They start it, he finishes it

Izzy is so ****ing cringe though, 'im not fighting on emotion' proceeds to cry and yell through the press conference.
DDP did hit a nerve, but that emotion from shown from Izzy was more for his family, who were in the front row of the audience, rather than DDP.

DDP did hit a nerve, but that emotion from shown from Izzy was more for his family, who were in the front row of the audience, rather than DDP.
Nah DDP triggered it. Bringing up the dogs, calling him out for having servants which he did have then tried to go on radio crying he only made 40k a year when he was 23

Cringelord, never wanted to see a career ended by one punch so badly.

Nah DDP triggered it. Bringing up the dogs, calling him out for having servants which he did have then tried to go on radio crying he only made 40k a year when he was 23

Cringelord, never wanted to see a career ended by one punch so badly.
He ain't crying if his family wasn't there is what I'm saying.

Izzy is a weird, awkward dude who managed to get very famous because he is very good at fighting. That doesn't change who he is. You'd think after all this time he'd have developed some of the media savvy to play these games, but it's just not his thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Predictions.

DDP v Izzy - DDP by KO/TKO
KKF v Erceg - Erceg by Decision
Gamrot v Hooker - Gamrot by Decision
Tuivasa v Rozenstuik - Rozenstuik by KO/TKO
Jingliang v Prates - Prates by KO /TKO

I think Izzy will get starched early imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

MMA-UFC UFC 305: Du Plessis vs Adesanya @ Perth (August 18, 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back