Umpires in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

well , from where i was sitting, concencus was freo had the rub of the green with the umps, make no mistake, i'm flabergasted by this thread
We may have had more free kicks, but it is the location and timing of the free kicks that is most annoying, such as the Riewoldt one just before HT and the missed ones in Richmonds forward line/numerous paid against us down back that were not there. Majority of Richmonds Free's against were down back or in the midfield, therefore not as damaging.

well , from where i was sitting, concencus was freo had the rub of the green with the umps, make no mistake, i'm flabergasted by this thread
Look sorry mate i probably sound like a ****ing idiot, but I'm just so disappointed with how the match ended, and when we needed momentum or a run of a few goals it felt like some decisions prevented that from happening. I just know we usually get the rough end badly every time we play in Melbourne.

Depending on where you were seated of course the Richmond faithful would think that, especially when decisions like the White / Deboer one was paid against you. However that free didn't really advantage us all that much, whereas the Riewoldt marking attempt, McPharlin free etc seemed to cost us goals

As shitty a thread as it is, some flogs here are even worse, like the WCE flog talking about tunnelling of J. Riewoldt. :rolleyes:

Ahhhh, God bless them.
As your own fellow supporter has just pointed out watch the video on the AFL website. Shows quite clearly there was interference. Even the commentator mentions it.

But no your right, players can fly through 6 feet in the air feet first :eek:

You mean when Reiwoldt was tunneled going for the mark. How was he suppsed to get himself in that position by himself? Almost impossible

Dont forget the 2 players that collided in the middle of the ground. Nobodies fault just a contest should of been play on but Freo got the free.

Also when a Richmond player was held onto/thrown to the ground without the ball in the Freos forward 50 not paid that resulted in a Freo goal.

Shit thread is shit.

It was a marking contest, White wasn't even facing the ball, he didn't even attempt to go at the ball, just at deBoer. It's paid every day of the week.

I thought we were killed by the umps in the first three and then got the better of it in the last but you guys seem to be thinking you had a poor run of it. This seems to be a similar story after most games this year, I think umpiring in general has just been very very ordinary this year, while I could name plenty of poor decisions against us i'm sure you guys could counter with plenty of your own which pretty much sums up how bad the umpiring is this year. If any of you watched Brisbane get r*ped against Gold Coast be glad neither of us copped it as bad as they did!

As your own fellow supporter has just pointed out watch the video on the AFL website. Shows quite clearly there was interference. Even the commentator mentions it.

But no your right, players can fly through 6 feet in the air feet first :eek:

ROFL commentators? There were practically jizzing over Richmond the whole game.

I am pretty sure everyone is upset with the umpiring, as a tiger fan I noticed a dozen times that I thought we should have been awarded a free, but weren't. I also seen a dozen times when I mentioned that Freo should have got a free kick, but didn't.

I am not saying any of the free's were there, or were not there, but we can all be as one when we say sometimes umpires get things completely wrong. That is what happens when you rely on umpires on the ground unfortunately.

Regardless of the result, I thank you Fremantle. That was the best game of football I have seen in a long long time. End to end, tough football.

It was a great game, chin up. You guys definitely deserve to be in the 8, there is no doubts about it :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was the game day thread of Richmond vs North that summed it up brilliantly when both a Richmond and north fan posted at the exact same minute, complaining about the umpires.

The umps seem to be getting worse and as a result, getting more wrong in a game. The fact that there's more wrong decisions means that fans can pick up a lot more instances where they should have got a free or were wrongly pinged. In reality though I honestly believe in most games the umpiring is absolutely shocking for both teams (some exceptions, eg the other game tonight).

In reality though I honestly believe in most games the umpiring is absolutely shocking for both teams (some exceptions, eg the other game tonight).

Agreed. umpiring is dreadful.. when will those chumps understand NO-ONE goes to watch them. They have a ridiculous belief in their self-importance. Have noticed recently how they sprint in unison to the 4 corners of the square at the beginning of the games. just do your job fellas.

The umpires did ther absolute best to screw Richmond for the first three quarters. Riewoldt was tunneled (ridiculously dangerous), dropping/throwing the ball and deliberate seemed to go the way of the dodo anytime we tackled you.

Don't believe me? Why should you. Try this though, ask a neutral bystander not affiliated with either side. They'll laugh themselves silly at the suggestion Freo was screwed by the umpires.

Edit: Just as a side thought, I really like watching you guys play (except Ballantyne the shit) and reckon you're definite top 4. Just screwed with injuries. Gonna enjoy watching youngsters like Fyfe and Hill ripping it up against teams like the Tankers later in the year!

when will those chumps understand NO-ONE goes to watch them. [...] just do your job fellas.

You know, I've been watching more WAFL games this year since Petts and Polak signed up with the royals, and the standard of umpiring in the WAFL is a hell of a lot better than the AFL imo.

They don't have this attention seeking sort of complex and they are a hell of a lot more consistent with their calls. It's also a lot less frustrating as they don't often pick out these bullshit tiggy touchwood freekicks that they've been letting go all day.

I cant believe anyone can think that the Reiwolt attempted mark is anything but a Fremantle free.Watch it on Afl.com.He was not tunnelled at all!!He got up,kneed Grover in the shoulders and got nowhere near the ball.Dont tell me he only got up like that because he was pushed,not jumping jack.

Umpiring didnt really favour us or them.
It was poor both ways.
Difference was richmond took advantage on the scoreboard with theirs an we wasted ours.

Umpiring in some of our other games especially the home ones has been alot more biased against us than this game.

You have got to be kidding right?

Umpiring was poor for both teams, but it was the Tiges who copped the rougher end of the stick.

Inb4richmondbias.

You mean when Reiwoldt was tunneled going for the mark. How was he suppsed to get himself in that position by himself? Almost impossible

Dont forget the 2 players that collided in the middle of the ground. Nobodies fault just a contest should of been play on but Freo got the free.

Also when a Richmond player was held onto/thrown to the ground without the ball in the Freos forward 50 not paid that resulted in a Freo goal.

Shit thread is shit.

...agree...
...umpiring was shite...

Bitter and clutching at straws, you blokes had the better of the umpiring and when they put the whistle away in the last we dominated end of story. You know I am right.

Must say i agree with this.as a neutral observer Freo got a very good good run for 3 quarters .especially in the middle u got alot of soft kicks Richmonds tackling went unrewarded most of the day.Freo got awat with a lot of throws & dropping the ball & riewoldt was shafted all day.once the whistle was put away in the last they smashed u!

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back