No Oppo Supporters Umpiring in the grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
farkwit

However, former AFL umpire Derek Humphery-Smith believed the Grand Final trio had done a pretty good job.

“I would give them a seven out of ten. Overall it was a pretty good effort,” he said on SEN.

There will be plenty of revisionist history written to ensure that the umpiring doesn't even reach a footnote within the 'fairytale' story of the bulldogs 2016 season.

With all respect. That's the wrong approach.

It is irrelevant how the game is 'supposed' to be adjudicated. What matters is how it 'is' adjudicated.

We had an awful differential all season and we should have sorted that out.

I know where you are coming from moment and I agree - but that doesn't mean one can't be frustrated that the way the rules are being officiated by the umpires on the field is completely different to those that are actually in the rule book.

Absolutely agree skipper - those clubs are only working within the rules of how the game is being umpired, and all credit for pushing the envelope.

I still think it is utter tripe though, and the umpiring has shifted a long way away from the reasonable balance that should be achieved. Players just don't get rewarded for good tackling - which as much as we love watching great open footy, has always been a big part of what makes AFL the game it is.

Agree mate. Interpretation of what is a legal tackle has changed the game IMO. Tackling a player in the back seems to be fine these days and is against how the game has been played for a 100 years.

I also marvel that every year the GF is umpired different to every other game of the year. This years GF, no sliding free kicks, no deliberate OOB free kicks. Seems weird. One would think the umpires get directions before the game. Surely that couldn't happen, could it?

Does the AFL release a report on the umpires at the end of the round? Would the Swans bother with complaining to the AFL if nothing will happen?

Does the AFL release a report on the umpires at the end of the round? Would the Swans bother with complaining to the AFL if nothing will happen?

Report just said Mission Accomplished

I'm not trolling. Trolling is deliberately baiting someone for a reaction, it's what a few Swans fans are doing right now.

I asked for proof because I'm sick of everyone calling the team a bunch of throwers, so many claims & not enough evidence to back it up. The Hunter tunnel-ball was about the only one that stood out, even then I only seen it when it happened so can't confirm if it was actually scooped or if it was just a one-action knock.

The throwing is a side issue. We knew entering the game how that would be adjudicated. It just shits us. Same as the Selwood duck.

It was the almost complete absence of free kicks our way for a half of football, which is almost unheard of. It was the diving at legs awarded high tackles. It was the "high tackle" in front of goal for you, whilst the blatant push on Kieren Jack in front of our goal was inexplicably not seen. It was Grundy's mark not being paid then Johannissen's being paid immediately after. It was the fact that most of these baffling decisions were made by one umpire.

Now, seriously, we are having a wake. If you're here to lecture us on the finer points of the rules of Australian Football, right now is not the time.

We're trying to be nice, but seriously, **** off.

This is the biggest mistake we can take from this premiership.

It's not that the Dogs were more 'hard at it' than us. It's that they TRAIN to exploit the laws to their advantage.

They treat the free kick differential as a KPI and they have found a way to win it every game.

They are impossible to tackle because they drop the ball (to advantage) at any hint of impact. We on the other hand kept trying to break tackles and we got murdered in the process.

Clarkson made it very clear what the Hawks and the Dogs are doing and we are acting like Boy Scouts if we dont take notice.

fair point. We've been penalized on and off the field for toeing the line, may as well go whole hog.

Cola removed despite following guidelines, trade ban for no reason, academy picks system amended cuz of whinging, and now hardness unrewarded in favour of "free flowing footy". Sounds like a super villain origin story. Let's **** shit up next season

Last edited by a moderator:
I still can't believe Hunter was able to get away with that 2 handed scoop.

AFL is as corrupt as FIFA.
GWS to win the next 3-4 flags with Gil pushing the button.

I'm not trolling. Trolling is deliberately baiting someone for a reaction, it's what a few Swans fans are doing right now.

I asked for proof because I'm sick of everyone calling the team a bunch of throwers, so many claims & not enough evidence to back it up. The Hunter tunnel-ball was about the only one that stood out, even then I only seen it when it happened so can't confirm if it was actually scooped or if it was just a one-action knock.

In that case my advice would be don't read the Swans board. People can say what they like on their own team's board, this is the case for every team board on BigFooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The son of that dirty little rat in Libba threw it 4 times, He looks like a rat as well

In that case my advice would be don't read the Swans board. People can say what they like on their own team's board, this is the case for every team board on BigFooty.

I cant say **** or campaigner :p

Swear to god If Bob Murphy is hailed like the greatest tragedy that ever took place on this planet next year then I am going to lose my shit. **** off from my TV screen. We get it already.

farkwit

However, former AFL umpire Derek Humphery-Smith believed the Grand Final trio had done a pretty good job.

“I would give them a seven out of ten. Overall it was a pretty good effort,” he said on SEN.

Lunatics running the asylum. Thanks for that input Derek Humphrey-Stooge. :rolleyes:

Swear to god If Bob Murphy is hailed like the greatest tragedy that ever took place on this planet next year then I am going to lose my shit. **** off from my TV screen. We get it already.

It effin disgusts me that Peter Gordan thinks now his club has won one peeny little flag in 6 decades that he can tell the AFL what to do about premiership medals.....just because of Bob...as if he is the first hard luck story int he history of AFL.....what a stupid knob...

If Bob had half a brain he wouldn't accept it......he didn't win it.....he doesn't deserve it. And maybe the team would play harder for him next year if they knew he didn't have one yet.

Typical munted club who doesn't know how to behave when they have won a premiership.

Seriously why arent *******s like this being carded hard....every other board does it.....campaigners like this shouldn't last ten seconds on our board.

They are. Both of us mods were in Melbourne and I only just got back myself. I really want to thank grizzlym who dealt with a lot of the reports while we were away from our computers. BF is a well oiled machine, if you report the post, it will be dealt with, it just might take a bit longer if we are busy. Mods are volunteers.

I've never watched a GF loss replay before. This time I forced myself to. I couldn't allow myself to be so angry unless I was certain that my anger was justified.

I'm not particularly concerned with the free kick count or the throws generally or the arm lifting cheats. We've known about that all year and certainly before Saturday.

But it's the blatantly obvious stuff.

1. The 50 not paid to Jack.
2. The tunnel ball throw.
3. The push in the back not paid to Jack in front of goal.
4. The dive at Jack's feet which was paid high contact (and the ensuing 50).
5. The holding the ball against Rampe.
6. The mark not paid to Grundy.
7. The mark paid to Johannisen immediately after.
8. The Hannebery slide.
9. The free for high contact in front of goal that just wasn't a free.

Now you'd cop a couple of those, but 9?? And it wasn't Stevic. It was pretty much all Scott Jeffrey. Number 29.

There's at least 5 goals in that. Now we came up short in the end, but I went into half time believing we deserved a 4 or 5 goal lead to that point. That changes things.
You're a better man than me for putting yourself through that this early. :thumbsu:

This is an umpire who for the previous 15 years and more than 300 games as an AFL umpire was never once good enough to umpire a grand final, yet miraculously he is then selected as of one the top 3 umpires in the game despite looking directly into the low setting sun of retirement - says a lot about the healthiness of umpiring department! :huh:

There can only be two plausible reasons for his performance, he has either had the mother-of-all-chokes or if you want a real conspiracy theory, he has gone out with a deliberate mentality to punish us whether by individual choice or direction. :rolleyes:

You decide :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back